Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Because each region is guaranteed a 2 spots in each quarter final.

congrats, you were second best out of the 7 worst teams of the field.
    We have the banner already up.

Comment

The only victories the current PSAC schools have had against schools not from SR1, the SIAC, or the CIAA, has been Edinboro beating St. Joseph's College, which no longer exists, in 2016, and Slippery Rock beating GLIAC doormat Wayne State three times. Those are the only times the PSAC has won against teams not from SR1, the SIAC, or CIAA, since 2011. 12 years. Four wins outside of SR1 and HBCU's lol.

The last time a PSAC school even made it to the national championship was 2000, when Bloomsburg got their doors blown off by Delta State. And I guess if you want to take credit for Shepherd getting boat-raced in 2015 before joining the PSAC, you can have them, too. There's not a single current SR1 school that has ever won a D2 national championship, and the SR1 as a whole in national championship games is 0-6. They've made it SIX times in 50 years lol.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
        The only victories the current PSAC schools have had against schools not from SR1, the SIAC, or the CIAA, has been Edinboro beating St. Joseph's College, which no longer exists, in 2016, and Slippery Rock beating GLIAC doormat Wayne State three times. Those are the only times the PSAC has won against teams not from SR1, the SIAC, or CIAA, since 2011. 12 years. Four wins outside of SR1 and HBCU's lol.

The last time a PSAC school even made it to the national championship was 2000, when Bloomsburg got their doors blown off by Delta State. And I guess if you want to take credit for Shepherd getting boat-raced in 2015 before joining the PSAC, you can have them, too. There's not a single current SR1 school that has ever won a D2 national championship, and the SR1 as a whole in national championship games is 0-6. They've made it SIX times in 50 years lol.
        Why thank you, sir for letting those lowly SR1 teams for even competing with the likes of your program.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Why thank you, sir for letting those lowly SR1 teams for even competing with the likes of your program.
          His team lost on your field.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Teams from the Northeast in the D2 Playoff finals
            1974 - Delaware lost to Central Meatchicken
            1977 - Lehigh defeated Jacksonville State
            1978 - Eastern Illinois defeated Delaware
            1979 - Delaware defeated Youngstown State
            1990 - North Dakota State defeated IUP (and this game is listed incorrectly on the D2 site...saying they beat Pittsburg State)
            1993 - North Alabamastan got lucky over IUP
            1997 - Northern Colorado defeated New Haven
            2000 - Delta State defeated Bloomsburg
            2015 - Northwest Mo defeated Shepherd in a home game.

Looks like 9 times...
            Last edited by IUPNation; 02-20-2023, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

1. I'm talking about the regular season too. Why can't your team...the richest or almost the richest program in D2....not look to travel to PA? I mean if we are worried about giving the student athletes a better experience...why not get to travel to parts of the country they have never been to. I guess not.

2. It's not nonsensical...you just don't like that I see this as nothing more to make it the NWMO, Pitt State, Ferris Bueller, Grand Valley, Valdosta State, Delta State, West Florida playoffs every year. Even if you did invite us from the D2 peasantry...we would never even get a shot to host many playoff games even if we were just as good. I see this as the haves trying to set the rules for everyone else. I mean...D1 only invited four teams to the dance and the National Title game wound up taking place in the Peach Bowl and not in the actual final. The D1 final was far more uncompetitive than the D2 final. The FCS final wasn't particularly close either but it was between teams from the same conference and that is really want most of you want. I don't see that as particularly good for growing D2 and generating interest in the eastern half of the division if schools from the same conference make the finals every year. I know when it's been two SEC schools in the D1 finals I'd rather watch paint dry....
              1. I totally agree. That would be fun to see them travel out there. Having said that, the PSAC having only one nonconference game used to annoy me. It makes it less feasible. The MIAA schedule made it impossible. Luckily, that is changing.

2. Your argument is still nonsensical. You have made jokes about liking the advantage that the current system gives you. Quit pretending that your argument is anything but trying to maintain an unfair advanrage.

Comment

How come nobody said anything when Ferris Bueller beat Valdosta State by 41 in 2021?

How should have the playoffs been that year? I mean a Perennial D2 Have got stomped even more than the RMAC team did this past season?

Northwest won 2 titles at home by a 63-10 margin. One of those victims was North Alabamastan in the snow.

Since 2010..only four title games were decided by 10 points or less.

Looking at the results since 1974...I see a lot of blowouts...a few shuts outs as well.

But yeah...Region 1 having too many teams in the playoffs is the problem.

Comment

How come nobody said anything when Ferris Bueller beat Valdosta State by 41 in 2021?

How should have the playoffs been that year? I mean a Perennial D2 Have got stomped even more than the RMAC team did this past season?

Northwest won 2 titles by a 63-10 margin. One of those victims was North Alabamastan in the snow.

Looking at the results since 1974...I see a lot of blowouts...a few shuts outs as well.

You just made the best counter argument that can be made. I've been waiting for someone to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

1. I totally agree. That would be fun to see them travel out there. Having said that, the PSAC having only one nonconference game used to annoy me. It makes it less feasible. The MIAA schedule made it impossible. Luckily, that is changing.

2. Your argument is still nonsensical. You have made jokes about liking the advantage that the current system gives you. Quit pretending that your argument is anything but trying to maintain an unfair advanrage.
                    How is being inclusive an unfair advantage? It's only unfair if we win the national title which we do not.

The Region 1 playoffs during the first week were the only ones competitive across D2. It seems to me that half of the teams in 2,3 and 4 didn't belong either as it was blowout city in each region

Region 1 First Week
                    Ashland beat Fake Notre Dame by 7
                    Shepherd beat New Haven by 3
                    Slimey Pebble beat Assumption by 3

Region 3 First Week
                    Northwest beat the Baptists by 30
                    Ferris Bueller beat Davenport by 34
                    Pittsburg beat Indianapolis by 35

Just sayin.

Comment

You just made the best counter argument that can be made. I've been waiting for someone to do it.
                      If they go away from regions then the semi final games need to be at neutral sites. The same few schools cannot be hosting semi final games year after year...that's not adding to the student athlete experience. One site in the east and one in the plains states....

Comment

Teams from the Northeast in the D2 Playoff finals
                        1974 - Delaware lost to Central Meatchicken
                        1977 - Lehigh defeated Jacksonville State
                        1978 - Eastern Illinois defeated Delaware
                        1979 - Delaware defeated Youngstown State
                        1990 - North Dakota State defeated IUP (and this game is listed incorrectly on the D2 site...saying they beat Pittsburg State)
                        1993 - North Alabamastan got lucky over IUP
                        1997 - Northern Colorado defeated New Haven
                        2000 - Delta State defeated Bloomsburg
                        2015 - Northwest Mo defeated Shepherd in a home game.

Looks like 9 times...
                        Delaware and Lehigh are not in SR1 today. They are irrelevant.

The only two national championships SR1 can have a remote connection to are when GVSU won in 2002 and 2003 before the rest of the region got tired of the GLIAC beating up on them and had them moved to a different region lol.
                        Last edited by KleShreen; 02-20-2023, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Northwest won 2 titles at home by a 63-10 margin. One of those victims was North Alabamastan in the snow.

You're making the argument even stronger getting rid of regionalization, because Ferris' toughest games during the 2021 season were all against fellow SR3 opponents. So it sounds like you're on board with getting rid of regionalization and just letting the best teams get in, regardless of region or conference affiliation, and able to face each other in the national championship?

Comment

How is being inclusive an unfair advantage? It's only unfair if we win the national title which we do not.

The Region 1 playoffs during the first week were the only ones competitive across D2. It seems to me that half of the teams in 2,3 and 4 didn't belong either as it was blowout city in each region

Region 1 First Week
                            Ashland beat Fake Notre Dame by 7
                            Shepherd beat New Haven by 3
                            Slimey Pebble beat Assumption by 3

Region 3 First Week
                            Northwest beat the Baptists by 30
                            Ferris Bueller beat Davenport by 34
                            Pittsburg beat Indianapolis by 35

Just sayin.
                            This past season's MAC Championship game was 17-7, and the national championship game was 65-7. Does that mean the MAC is better than Georgia and TCU?

Comment

The playoffs matchups in D2 have always been paired regionally even when it was an 8 team field.

Championship Games Decided by 10 points or less - 23 times (many of these games came during playoff formats that were officially regionalized) So...it all panned out in the end.

Games Decided by 11-20 points - 11 times

Games Decides buy 21-29 points - 8 times

Games Decides by 30-39 points - 2 times

Games Decides by 40 points or more - 4 times

4 title games were shut outs

Comment

His team lost on your field.
                                Yep ... They can bring up that blowout loss in the title game all they want, but their 2015 season ended in Shepherdstown.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X