Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

If they go away from regions then the semi final games need to be at neutral sites. The same few schools cannot be hosting semi final games year after year...that's not adding to the student athlete experience. One site in the east and one in the plains states....
    I'd really have no problem with that except the attendance would be poor.

Comment

The playoffs matchups in D2 have always been paired regionally even when it was an 8 team field.
      They haven't. I detailed that in another post.

Comment

The playoffs matchups in D2 have always been paired regionally even when it was an 8 team field.

Championship Games Decided by 10 points or less - 23 times (many of these games came during playoff formats that were officially regionalized) So...it all panned out in the end.

Games Decided by 11-20 points - 11 times

Games Decides buy 21-29 points - 8 times

Games Decides by 30-39 points - 2 times

Games Decides by 40 points or more - 4 times

4 title games were shut outs

Quoted to include 2004 and beyond to reflect the expansion to 24 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Yep ... They can bring up that blowout loss in the title game all they want, but their 2015 season ended in Shepherdstown.
          Correct. The #12 team with 3 losses lost to the #5 undefeated team, and it is considered one of the more embarrassing losses in school history. The worst game GV has played since the end of the 2014 season.
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Teams from the Northeast in the D2 Playoff finals
            1974 - Delaware lost to Central Meatchicken
            1977 - Lehigh defeated Jacksonville State
            1978 - Eastern Illinois defeated Delaware
            1979 - Delaware defeated Youngstown State
            1990 - North Dakota State defeated IUP (and this game is listed incorrectly on the D2 site...saying they beat Pittsburg State)
            1993 - North Alabamastan got lucky over IUP
            1997 - Northern Colorado defeated New Haven
            2000 - Delta State defeated Bloomsburg
            2015 - Northwest Mo defeated Shepherd in a home game.

Looks like 9 times...
            They sort of got 1990 right. The bison blew out a garbage team from iup in the title game, but the actual championship was settled the week.before in pre-dome Fargo against Pitt State.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Delaware and Lehigh are not in SR1 today. They are irrelevant.

The only two national championships SR1 can have a remote connection to are when GVSU won in 2002 and 2003 before the rest of the region got tired of the GLIAC beating up on them and had them moved to a different region lol.
              Half of the teams that won titles in D2 since 1974 are no longer in D2.

The GLIAC was not the only conference that got moved that year. It had nothing to do with the nonsense you are spewing.

In 2004...the playoffs were expanded. The GLIAC had 13 teams in those days. It was moved to fill out the Northwest Region that had a 4 team GNAC, a decimated 7 team NCC, and 8 team NSIC and 3 Independents. The GLIAC was only in the Northeast prior because the NE10 did not participate in the playoffs before 2003. There was one year when the GLIAC and the NE10 were in the same regional with the Pee Sac and the old WVIAC. The Northeast Region had 33 teams with the Pee Sack, NE10, WVIAC and one Ind. Southeast had 42 over 4 conferences and 2 Independents. Southwest was a large LSC the MIAA, the RMAC and 3 Independents.

Your version is fake news. Congrats on being Fox News.

Comment

You're making the argument even stronger getting rid of regionalization, because Ferris' toughest games during the 2021 season were all against fellow SR3 opponents. So it sounds like you're on board with getting rid of regionalization and just letting the best teams get in, regardless of region or conference affiliation, and able to face each other in the national championship?
                No...you are just talking a bunch of ****.

Ferris Bueller b-slapped Grand Valley by 34 points in Round 1
                They Beat Northwest by 21 in Round 2
                They beat Shepherd by 48 in Round 3
                They beat Valdosta by 41 in Round 4 for the title.

Their average margin of victory in the playoffs was 38 points.

What would have scrapping regionalization done to make that more competitive. Nothing.

Once again...the poo you fling doesn't stick.

Now that the extra year Covid players are now getting out of the system...you will see some teams that dominated start to fall back and with the portal...some schools that may have been lacking being able to at least hang.
                Last edited by IUPNation; 02-20-2023, 09:04 PM.

Comment

This past season's MAC Championship game was 17-7, and the national championship game was 65-7. Does that mean the MAC is better than Georgia and TCU?
                  You need to not get high when you post.

Comment

No...you are just talking a bunch of ****.

Ferris Bueller b-slapped Grand Valley by 34 points in Round 1
                    They Beat Northwest by 21 in Round 2
                    They beat Shepherd by 48 in Round 3
                    They beat Valdosta by 41 in Round 4 for the title.

Their average margin of victory in the playoffs was 38 points.

What would have scrapping regionalization done to make that more competitive. Nothing.

Once again...the poo you fling doesn't stick.

Now that the extra year Covid players are now getting out of the system...you will see some teams that dominated start to fall back and with the portal...some schools that may have been lacking being able to at least hang.
                    Ferris went to overtime against Saginaw Valley and beat GVSU by a touchdown during the season. And you also just, as I said, pointed out that their closest games in the playoffs came against their SR3 opponents, which is exactly what I said. So you are proving me correct, again.

A 21-point game in the championship would have been more competitive than the 41-point game that was nationally televised. So....again.....you have proven me correct.

Comment

Ferris went to overtime against Saginaw Valley and beat GVSU by a touchdown during the season. And you also just, as I said, pointed out that their closest games in the playoffs came against their SR3 opponents, which is exactly what I said. So you are proving me correct, again.

A 21-point game in the championship would have been more competitive than the 41-point game that was nationally televised. So....again.....you have proven me correct.
                      ...but they weren't close. They won easily. They had zero competition.

They were a highly dominant team that changing he playoff system wouldn't have slowed down.

Comment

They were a highly dominant team that changing he playoff system wouldn't have slowed down.
                        Thank you for acknowledging that SR3 turns out such dominant teams that they wreck the entire D2 playoff system. I agree.
                        Last edited by KleShreen; 02-20-2023, 11:14 PM.

Comment

From all your posts, I gather that you don't want the best teams to be in the playoffs or have the best teams play deep into the playoffs. It seems like you just want teams from all over the country. So your criteria is essentially geography...not necessarily having the best teams in D2 play in mid-late December. I don't see how that benefits D2 football and their members or any school for that matter. Let me help you... Here's your participation trophy since that's what appears is most important to you.

Comment

It is not my fault the Northeast remains the most important region of the country. It just is.

IUP lasted a week longer than Fake Pittsburg(h) State.
                            Weird then that people are leaving the northeast in mass numbers and relocating south and west.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

Weird then that people are leaving the northeast in mass numbers and relocating south and west.
                              You mean mostly retiring baby boomers are leaving.

Comment

Thank you for acknowledging that SR3 turns out such dominant teams that they wreck the entire D2 playoff system. I agree.
                                For now they do…everything comes and goes. In two years Grand Valley could go back to its has been status it enjoyed during the twenty teens.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X