Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    How long does Alabama’s dominance run? Ohio state? Some programs have the tradition that goes back a long time. Some conferences have only been relevant a few years, others go back a couple decades. The miaa was kind of terrible until early 90s.

culture and tradition of excellence breed culture and excellence. Until it doesn’t, like UCO. That’s how football works from high school up to the pros. No one bats an eye when an SEC team gets a big bowl game. No one complains when the patriots or packers or Steelers make the playoffs 18/20 years. Why would the programs in D2 level be regarded any different?

this is coming from a guy that will tell you Pitt has largely been irrelevant for the last 20 years, poor for the last 10, save for a season here or there.
    IUP has had one losing season in the last 40 seasons (2009 going an unfathomable 5-6) ...and about .670 winning percentage all time.

They are 48-10 under the current coach since 2017 with two Pee Sack titles and three Playoff Appearances.

So are we worthy or do we suck? Asking for a friend.

Don't bother...I already know the response. Since our conference sucks...our record is inflated and a 7-4 MIAA team would destroy us. I got it.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 03-03-2023, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

IUP has had one losing season in the last 40 seasons (2009 going an unfathomable 5-6) ...and about .670 winning percentage all time.

They are 48-10 under the current coach since 2017 with two Pee Sack titles and three Playoff Appearances.

Don't bother...I already know the response. Since our conference sucks...our record is inflated and a 7-4 MIAA team would destroy us. I got it.
      IUP has played 1 game outside of SR1 since 2006. A win over hapless St. Augustine's in 2014.

IUP has had one undefeated regular season since 2000.

IUP is 9-9 in the playoffs since 2000.

Win. More. Games. Just win! That's all it takes! WIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN. You're not winning enough. Win more. And this doesn't even have anything to do with beating teams from other regions, because IUP has only been able to beat all the teams in their OWN region once since 2000. Just beat all the teams in your region! That's all it takes! Teams do it every year!
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

IUP has played 1 game outside of SR1 since 2006. A win over hapless St. Augustine's in 2014.

IUP has had one undefeated regular season since 2000.

IUP is 9-9 in the playoffs since 2000.

Win. More. Games. Just win! That's all it takes! WIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN. You're not winning enough. Win more. And this doesn't even have anything to do with beating teams from other regions, because IUP has only been able to beat all the teams in their OWN region once since 2000. Just beat all the teams in your region! That's all it takes! Teams do it every year!
        They beat Ashland in 2017…and 2018…when they were in the GLIAC. You need to do better.

But I get what you are saying. Grand Valley took an 1-7 record in the 90’s vs the Pee Sack and turned it into a 5-7 record vs the Pee Sack in the 21st Century. :-)

Im all for playing teams from other regions. Indiana, PA is nice in September. :-)
        Last edited by IUPNation; 03-04-2023, 06:17 AM.

Comment

• I am glad that at least one conference commissioner is looking for ways to improve the current system.

I would be really interested to hear from any other people in position to make changes who are on board, any other ideas for improvement that come from them.

Comment

now you get it!

id personally like to see you in Edmond Oklahoma this year week 1. we have a bye week that im sure our coach would love to fill. i just want to see this juggernaut team from Pennsylvania. you make it sound like women get pregnant when your busses travel by them and kids run around asking for autographs at stop lights. dudes jump out of thier cars and wash thier windows at trucks stops etc.

seems pretty simple. win and win big when you're supposed to. the rest will take care of itself. if you have a reputation for getting your sh*t pushed in on the big stage, it will follow you around like an STD when it comes around the next time to making decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              I am glad that at least one conference commissioner is looking for ways to improve the current system.

I would be really interested to hear from any other people in position to make changes who are on board, any other ideas for improvement that come from them.
              I think it helps that he was the head of Division II at one point. He understands the national landscape and probably understands what is and is not possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

now you get it!

id personally like to see you in Edmond Oklahoma this year week 1. we have a bye week that im sure our coach would love to fill. i just want to see this juggernaut team from Pennsylvania. you make it sound like women get pregnant when your busses travel by them and kids run around asking for autographs at stop lights. dudes jump out of thier cars and wash thier windows at trucks stops etc.

seems pretty simple. win and win big when you're supposed to. the rest will take care of itself. if you have a reputation for getting your sh*t pushed in on the big stage, it will follow you around like an STD when it comes around the next time to making decisions.
                Nobody willingly wants to go to Oklahoma. Your team would have to come to us. Your players deserve to see what civilization looks like…Sorry.

Comment

Nobody willingly wants to go to Oklahoma. Your team would have to come to us. Your players deserve to see what civilization looks like…Sorry.
                  ooooo burn. you got me there. you're the one trying to prove yourself in front of this entire board. going to a tough place to play would make a good step in that direction. I understand you're scared of taking that L. btw, I've seen your elected officials on TV so you can keep YOUR civilization.

Comment

ooooo burn. you got me there. you're the one trying to prove yourself in front of this entire board. going to a tough place to play would make a good step in that direction. I understand you're scared of taking that L. btw, I've seen your elected officials on TV so you can keep YOUR civilization.
                    Take this to the OT if you want to do that.

Comment

who are YOU talking to?

Comment

who are YOU talking to?
                        Be better than others.

Comment

Lol.
                          Be honest,, though, IUP wouldn't play out of region if the other team promised to spot them 20 points. Not at home, not on the road, not in a box, not with a fox......

They.are system gamers, Sam I am. They don't like competition or ham.

Comment

Since when have D2 teams from Oklahoma been considered tough?

If your team is so great, they can come to PA and prove it.
                            Last edited by IUPNation; 03-05-2023, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Lol.
                              Be honest,, though, IUP wouldn't play out of region if the other team promised to spot them 20 points. Not at home, not on the road, not in a box, not with a fox......

They.are system gamers, Sam I am. They don't like competition or ham.
                              How often has your team played in the Northeast? I just looked at the Pitt media guide online and your team has never played a team from Region 1 in the regular season. Ever. But you expect us to come there and kiss the ring and “prove our worth”

Those who live in little glass shacks on the prairie…
                              Last edited by IUPNation; 03-05-2023, 08:27 AM.

Comment

He’d last 5 seconds in the OT.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X