Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Northeast Missouri played at IUP in 1991.
    I could have sworn that was a road game.

So an MIAA team did come east.....and got hammered.

How about that!

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
      Technically still silo, just only 11 teams. If we get to 12 before 2024, I’m sure we will still be solo until the conference votes otherwise.
      That's when you create divisions, do two (instead of three) crossovers with the second one being the last week where the two division leaders meet for the conference title game.

It's how we do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I could have sworn that was a road game.

So an MIAA team did come east.....and got hammered.

How about that!
        IUP had a legitimate nationally competitive team in 1991. That's been demonstrated in this thread.

The MIAA wasn't any good back then. They also lost to:

Iowa Wesleyan 34-31
        Emporia State 42-41
        Southwest Baptist 37-25
        Pittsburg State 55-20
        Central Missouri 38-37

Comment

• Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

come try your luck big toot. Oklahoma isn't the only place I've lived nor is it the only place I've played. your d2 football would barely be considered football in this region.
          Central Oklahoma..last playoff appearace...2003.

Really?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

IUP had a legitimate nationally competitive team in 1991. That's been demonstrated in this thread.

The MIAA wasn't any good back then. They also lost to:

Iowa Wesleyan 34-31
            Emporia State 42-41
            Southwest Baptist 37-25
            Pittsburg State 55-20
            Central Missouri 38-37
            Pitt won the NC in 91, but the rest of the conference was soft.

They had to travel to Portland state to get to the NC game. They beat Portland by 30 plus that year. Their toughest playoff opponents were in the first 2 rounds that year. So even back then, the playoffs were jacked up. At least they were that year.
            Last edited by Predatory Primates; 03-06-2023, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Really?
              They got NWs old coach, and they have fat bank accounts,, so they have high hopes. I think they will still struggle for a year or 2, though.

Comment

come try your luck big toot. Oklahoma isn't the only place I've lived nor is it the only place I've played. your d2 football would barely be considered football in this region.
                UCO turned down Mankato and chose to play Lincoln again. No more trash talk for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

UCO turned down Mankato and chose to play Lincoln again. No more trash talk for you.
                  i have zero clue as to what your talking about. you claiming that happened this season? and if so, im going to need proof of that conversation. without lincoln, we have 4 home games. i doubt anyone is willing to go to mankato and lose that home game.
                  Last edited by jimbo slice; 03-06-2023, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Really?
                    we were put into a spin cycle with multiple years of NCAA probation with loss of Schollys and we haven't really recovered since. we came out and went straight into the MIAA. no excuses but, it most definitely has made us better than 75% of the country and i include your team in that 75%.

ever hear of OU OSU Tulsa? 3 of the top 25 teams in high school football is from Oklahoma? 1 of them has 1 loss in 4 years. point is, football is a little better in these parts....Texas, Oklahoma and even Kansas and Missou

Comment

we were put into a spin cycle with multiple years of NCAA probation with loss of Schollys and we haven't really recovered since. we came out and went straight into the MIAA. no excuses but, it most definitely has made us better than 75% of the country and i include your team in that 75%.

ever hear of OU OSU Tulsa? 3 of the top 25 teams in high school football is from Oklahoma? 1 of them has 1 loss in 4 years. point is, football is a little better in these parts....Texas, Oklahoma and even Kansas and Missou
                      In KS and MO, HS football seems to be good in little pockets. On average, statewide, it's pretty mediocre, though.

Comment

i have zero clue as to what your talking about. you claiming that happened this season? and if so, im going to need proof of that conversation. without lincoln, we have 4 home games. i doubt anyone is willing to go to mankato and lose that home game.
                        I read it I the nsic forum. It may have been a "had to have a home game deal, idk?

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

In KS and MO, HS football seems to be good in little pockets. On average, statewide, it's pretty mediocre, though.
                          That's not uncommon. Half of the HS games in PA are blowouts most weeks.

Comment

A school from Oklahoma cheated? I'm shocked...shocked I say!!

The Bronc-ho's are not better than IUP...academically or athletically. You have a much nicer foosball field...that's about it.

Oklahoma U is overrated. Oklahoma State has all that Pickens money and can't do anything with it. Tulsa??

This was the most recent top 25 High School Teams...I don't see any from Oklahoma. I do see one from Philadelphia.

https://usatodayhss.com/2022/final-2...tball-rankings

As for FBS foosball...I don't see either clap for credit Oklahoma schools on the final top 25 list. However Penn State and Pittsburgh (the real Pitt) finished in the Top 25. The best game day atmosphere in FBS is located in Pennsylvania.

Kansas State had a fluke year. Let's face it...when it comes to FBS foosball...KS and MO ain't it. At least they have two good teams in D2.

Pennsylvania > Oklahoma

Comment

A school from Oklahoma cheated? I'm shocked...shocked I say!!

The Bronc-ho's are not better than IUP...academically or athletically. You have a much nicer foosball field...that's about it.

Oklahoma U is overrated. Oklahoma State has all that Pickens money and can't do anything with it. Tulsa??

This was the most recent top 25 High School Teams...I don't see any from Oklahoma. I do see one from Philadelphia.

https://usatodayhss.com/2022/final-2...tball-rankings

As for FBS foosball...I don't see either clap for credit Oklahoma schools on the final top 25 list. However Penn State and Pittsburgh (the real Pitt) finished in the Top 25. The best game day atmosphere in FBS is located in Pennsylvania.

Kansas State had a fluke year. Let's face it...when it comes to FBS foosball...KS and MO ain't it. At least they have two good teams in D2.

Pennsylvania > Oklahoma

whatever,
                              keep thinking that. OU has LOST more national championships than any of your colleges have been involved in combined.
                              OSU hasnt managed to do anything because OU is standing in their way.

you seem like a guy (maybe) that likes to read. look up these

Bixby Spartans is top of the list might want to start there. don't give a rats ass about USA today poll. that particular team has lost 1 game in something stupid like 5 or 6 years.
                              carl albert high school
                              jenks high school
                              wagoner high school

over the last 5 years, we have played Texas teams during the season. I'm about 90% sure Texas is o fer. if not, they haven't won more than 1 or 2 games. Arkansas high school vs Oklahoma high school is definitely O fer.

now, back to your regularly scheduled program.
                              Last edited by jimbo slice; 03-06-2023, 09:20 PM.

Comment

whatever,
                                keep thinking that. OU has LOST more national championships than any of your colleges have been involved in combined.
                                OSU hasnt managed to do anything because OU is standing in their way.

you seem like a guy (maybe) that likes to read. look up these

Bixby Spartans is top of the list might want to start there. don't give a rats ass about USA today poll. that particular team has lost 1 game in something stupid like 5 or 6 years.
                                carl albert high school
                                jenks high school
                                wagoner high school

over the last 5 years, we have played Texas teams during the season. I'm about 90% sure Texas is o fer. if not, they haven't won more than 1 or 2 games. Arkansas high school vs Oklahoma high school is definitely O fer.

now, back to your regularly scheduled program.
                                Oklahoma is good at losing. They are like a Region 1 team in the FBS playoffs. Always an easy pass to the title game.

There is no high school ranking list with those high schools on it. You need to post links.

Here is another one...the top 100. The only Oklahoma school was at #99.

https://playfootball.nfl.com/discove...l-america-100/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X