Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

OK, who gets asked first? NWMSU, Pitt, MSU, GV, Ferris? Maybe even old MVC member West Texas A&M?
    The WAC and Southland have been asking WT for years.

Until the current WT president retires or croaks on the job then he would rather see WT go D3 before they go D1.

Comment

• Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
      That I see more likely. Are you also just saw a Texas Rio grande valley is going to the Southland. That's an interesting move I wonder if it's just to be in the same conference with corpus Christi
      No it has more to do with getting their brains beat in the WAC and also decreasing the travel budget.

From a Corpus perspective we don't see Rio Grande Valley as a rival, that is more on the Rio Grande Valley side.

Interesting angle though if the current (former Southland) WAC Texas schools do rejoin the Southland then it might revisit the pressure for Corpus to join forces with Kingsville and add football.

Would the Louisiana Southland schools see the writing on the wall and look elsewhere?

McNeese is currently bribing the Southland to stay in by having almost every postseason tournament hosted on their own campus.

McNeese has Sun Belt plans in a few years either way.

Comment

• Campus Update:
        https://www.deltastate.edu/PDFFiles/...bility.pdf.pdf

I hope this goes well for Delta State University.

The current president is doing what he has to do to save the university after years of mismanagement and declining enrollment.

Some programs are being cut, while others are consolidating.

I fear this may be the beginning of the end for Delta State. I hope I'm wrong.
        RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
        Delta State University, GSC

Comment

• Did we cover Seattle U joining a new conference?

A new home: Seattle U to join West Coast Conference in 2025 - Seattle Sports (mynorthwest.com)

Comment

• Richmond Spiders to join Patriot League in football.
            Richmond Football to Move to Patriot League Following 2024 Season - University of Richmond Athletics (richmondspiders.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

No it has more to do with getting their brains beat in the WAC and also decreasing the travel budget.

From a Corpus perspective we don't see Rio Grande Valley as a rival, that is more on the Rio Grande Valley side.

Interesting angle though if the current (former Southland) WAC Texas schools do rejoin the Southland then it might revisit the pressure for Corpus to join forces with Kingsville and add football.

Would the Louisiana Southland schools see the writing on the wall and look elsewhere?

McNeese is currently bribing the Southland to stay in by having almost every postseason tournament hosted on their own campus.

McNeese has Sun Belt plans in a few years either way.
              I could see the Louisiana schools in the Southland staying put, barring some move ups to FBS. They don't exactly have a lot of viable FCS options, in my opinion.
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I could see the Louisiana schools in the Southland staying put, barring some move ups to FBS. They don't exactly have a lot of viable FCS options, in my opinion.
                True, I guess it depends on how many Texas WAC school come back and if the Southland accepts them.

Also if there are any viable LSC schools that want to make the jump.

Currently there are 11 Southland schools, 2 non football schools (Corpus and New Orleans).

Comment

• University of St. Thomas shifting hockey from the CCHA to the NCHC.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                    University of St. Thomas shifting hockey from the CCHA to the NCHC.
                    Mavs missed out again. nchchockey.com/news/2024/5/14/mens-ice-hockey-nchc-adds-university-of-st-thomas-as-newest-member-beginning-in-2026-2027.aspx

Comment

• Agreed - though I doubt the NCHC would have taken them, unfortunately.

Comment

• There are efforts going on to save both Wells College and Notre Dame College - while I think the efforts are noble, they'll likely fall flat.

It's an interesting look into what these institutions mean to the external stakeholders as well as alumni though.

Comment

• Tennessee State to restart baseball, add other sports including hockey.
                          Tennessee State is bringing baseball back as an NCAA-sanctioned sport (tennessean.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
                            Tennessee State to restart baseball, add other sports including hockey.
                            Tennessee State is bringing baseball back as an NCAA-sanctioned sport (tennessean.com)
                            Yay! Some good news for a change. Thanks laker.
                            Go Mustangs!

Comment

• Let the celebration begin!

Go Mustangs!

Comment

• NAIA
                                Dom Izzo@DomIzzoWDAY

Frontier Conference announces press conference tomorrow afternoon at 2pm. As reported by
                                @McFeely_Inforum and @FargoBigE, Valley City State heading to that league.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X