19. Valdosta State (5-0)
    20. Emporia State (4-1)
    21. Angelo State (3-2)
    22. Henderson State (4-1)
    23. Assumption (3-1)
    24. Truman State (5-0)
    25. Shepherd (4-1)

Others Receiving Votes
    Augustana, Virginia State, Texas A&M-Kingsville, Virginia Union, Tiffin, Missouri Western State, Texas-Permian Basin, Barton, Limestone, Charleston, Central Washington

Dropped Out
    Texas A&M-Kingsville (#16)

============================

D2Football Top 25 (10/2)
    1. Ferris State (3-1)
    2. Colorado School of Mines (5-0)
    3. Pittsburg State (5-0)
    4. Grand Valley State (3-1)
    5. Minnesota State-Mankato (5-0)
    6. Delta State (5-0)
    7. West Florida (4-1)
    8. Ouachita Baptist (5-0)
    9. Harding (5-0)
    10. Slippery Rock (5-0)
    11. Bemidji State (4-1)
    12. Benedict (5-0)
    13. Lenoir-Rhyne (5-0)
    14. Indianapolis (4-0)
    15. Davenport (4-0)
    16. Western Colorado (5-0)
    17. Emporia State (4-1)
    18. Central Missouri (4-1)
    19. Angelo State (3-2)
    20. Truman State (5-0)
    21. Minnesota-Duluth (5-0)
    22. Shepherd (4-1)
    23. Virginia Union (4-)
    24. Missouri Western State (4-1)
    25. Valdosta State (5-0)

Someone, please tell me how UTPB received less votes than Kingsville after dominating them? I don't understand.

Comment

3 MO teams in the D2 poll is not very common

Comment

More parity in the MIAA than we’ve seen in years.

Comment

Originally posted by UTPBFalcons1 View Post
          Someone, please tell me how UTPB received less votes than Kingsville after dominating them? I don't understand.
          It’s typical for teams that were ranked to receive more votes than the unranked team that beat the first week they drop from the Top 25. If UTPB keeps winning their vote totals will eventually surpass AM-Kingsville.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
            3 MO teams in the D2 poll is not very common
            Massey must be creeping in. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by UTPBFalcons1 View Post
              More SIDs and interns/GAs voted for Kingsville than UT-PB because they have heard of them.

Comment

Tiffin is a massive underdog in both these polls. They might have the best offense in the country, how can you lead the conference in total offense with two RBs leading the conference in yards and not be considered one of the best in the country. The amount of weapons this offense has for North Texas quarterback transfer Kason Martin to work with is something very exciting to watch. Not to mention how well the defense has stepped up this year. Nobody saw a young defensive line having 12 sacks through week 5, the secondary had questions pre-season but has performed very well leading the conference in turnovers (8). I don't see a team past the top 5 who could handle the fire power of the Dragon offense. That veteran offensive line has yet to struggle as the Dragons lead the conference in rushing yards by over 400 yards. I would love to see this team get more recognition. But either way, they sure are earning it!

Comment

Originally posted by DragonBreath_328 View Post
                  Tiffin is a massive underdog in both these polls. They might have the best offense in the country, how can you lead the conference in total offense with two RBs leading the conference in yards and not be considered one of the best in the country. The amount of weapons this offense has for North Texas quarterback transfer Kason Martin to work with is something very exciting to watch. Not to mention how well the defense has stepped up this year. Nobody saw a young defensive line having 12 sacks through week 5, the secondary had questions pre-season but has performed very well leading the conference in turnovers (8). I don't see a team past the top 5 who could handle the fire power of the Dragon offense. That veteran offensive line has yet to struggle as the Dragons lead the conference in rushing yards by over 400 yards. I would love to see this team get more recognition. But either way, they sure are earning it!
                  I’ll assume you’ve watched every other team then? Welcome to the board.

Tiffin has played a murderer’s row of 8-16 teams thus far (many of those 8 wins against complete nobodies).

Love the enthusiasm for your team though!

Comment

Welcome to the board, but get out of here with your SR1 nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Tiffin has played a murderer’s row of 8-16 teams thus far (many of those 8 wins against complete nobodies).

Team undefeated after week 2? Better complain you aren't ranked! Week 4 though it's a travesty!!!! Lol

Comment

I mostly agree with you. People will whine about SR1, but the fact is that Tiffin defeated Ashland by more points than Ferris State did. Not saying Tiffin is better than Ferris obviously, but they're legit and they should be ranked above teams like Shepherd and Virginia Union.
                        Last edited by EastStroud13; 10-04-2023, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

I agree with you. People will whine about SR1, but the fact is that Tiffin defeated Ashland by more points than Ferris State did. Not saying Tiffin is better than Ferris obviously, but they're legit and they should be ranked above teams like Shepherd and Virginia Union.
                          This is reasonable. 👍🏻

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

So beating the same Ashland team by 25 points who lost to the #1 team in the country by 10 points and was leading them at halftime doesn't stand for anything? To be fair I don't think Ferris State is ranked according to their true identity, it's obvious they're ranked with help from their past seasons. Ashland also isn't the same football team they had last year, still trying to figure out a lot. Anyway, Tiffin continues to get better week after week and have yet to hit their full stride. Anything short of undefeated conference champions for them is a failed year with this team. Good luck to your teams

Comment

So beating the same Ashland team by 25 points who lost to the #1 team in the country by 10 points and was leading them at halftime doesn't stand for anything? To be fair I don't think Ferris State is ranked according to their true identity, it's obvious they're ranked with help from their past seasons. Ashland also isn't the same football team they had last year, still trying to figure out a lot. Anyway, Tiffin continues to get better week after week and have yet to hit their full stride. Anything short of undefeated conference champions for them is a failed year with this team. Good luck to your teams
                              Honestly…no. There could be a million differences between the games (elements, road/home, injuries, etc).

Not ragging on Tiffin, but they haven’t played anyone yet. There are typically some very dynamic offenses in SR1, but many times, they are far less dynamic once they play out of region. Not always of course. The Dragons nickname is bada$s though (as much as it pains me to say that with a Dragons in the NSIC. Haha)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X