Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    Pitt is at least is good as they were last year. I think they’re better offensively. Their defense makes more turnovers than last year, and give up about the same amount of points against a conference that is scoring a ton of points this season.

They are again very disciplined and don’t make a ton mental errors. Their running game is much improved, their offensive line depth is better. They have a fast and athletic linebacker corp, and their secondary is stellar. They have some shortcomings against the QB run/scramble, and they haven’t generated as many sacks as last year.

They are +13 in the TO margin. They don’t fumble, and we rarely throw an INT. We have been known to give up TDS once someone gets in the red zone. But good luck getting there. We allow about 15 pts a game, and most of that average is against the top offense in the country at UCM.

I’d say they could play with anybody, including Ferris and GV and Mines. We show up to playoff games, too. So if we got home field, good luck.

Pitts biggest strengths are depth and fundamentals our all American tight end and the secondary on defense.
    Goal line Pass D and lack of QB pressure need serious work for Pitt.

Comment

They get a ton of hurries, just no sacks…

Comment

Would agree that Pitt and GV are the front runners in SR3. Both came within 3 points of proving it on the field last year against Ferris. GV’s dominant win over Ferris year has got me thinking they’re more the top team in the region. Eye test tells me Pitt is ahead or even with GVS. It all comes down to first round match ups in SR3. Two match ups between MIAA and GAC teams and a match up between a GLIAC and a GLVC team is more likely than a match ups between MIAA/GAC - GLVC teams or another GV-Ferris repeat. We’ll know more after watching GVS against Davenport.

Comment

If GVSU gets a 4 seed it will be a Ferris and GVSU rematch, unless they ship someone out of the region. In which case it would likely be Ferris going to region 1. But I don’t know who from region 1 could be swapped in to reduce travel. Maybe UCM could go to region 4? But again, who swaps in to shorten travel?

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
            If GVSU gets a 4 seed it will be a Ferris and GVSU rematch, unless they ship someone out of the region. In which case it would likely be Ferris going to region 1. But I don’t know who from region 1 could be swapped in to reduce travel. Maybe UCM could go to region 4? But again, who swaps in to shorten travel?
            I'm pretty sure the 5-7 seeds are done based upon travel/conference matchups. Point is, it's not like 1-4 where they are seeded on listed criteria. So why does a 4th seed mean a GV/FSU matchup? And if GV wins out, they'll be a 3 at worst. If they lose one.. they may not even qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I'm pretty sure the 5-7 seeds are done based upon travel/conference matchups. Point is, it's not like 1-4 where they are seeded on listed criteria. So why does a 4th seed mean a GV/FSU matchup? And if GV wins out, they'll be a 3 at worst. If they lose one.. they may not even qualify.
              Because 1-4 seeds are guaranteed a home game. It’s a not a huge assumption to think that Uindy would get at least a 4 seed if they end up undefeated. After that, they reduce flights. Uindy and Ferris are the only ones in SR3 that could go to GVSU with out a flight. Thus Ferris gets another shot at Grandvalley, RD1. I believe Ferris will get in, but they won’t be a top seed.

Comment

Barring GVSU getting the top seed again, which I think would take a catastrophic end of season melt down by Pitt, or Harding or Uindy, the likeliest scenario is Ferris playing in Allendale.

Comment

We always dreamed of early season home and homes in our good years with the lake area teams and see how well we matched up.
                  An old saying goes, "Be careful what you wish for.."

Comment

Originally posted by optionright View Post
                    We always dreamed of early season home and homes in our good years with the lake area teams and see how well we matched up.
                    An old saying goes, "Be careful what you wish for.."
                    Do you know something about our week 4 game next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                      Because 1-4 seeds are guaranteed a home game. It’s a not a huge assumption to think that Uindy would get at least a 4 seed if they end up undefeated. After that, they reduce flights. Uindy and Ferris are the only ones in SR3 that could go to GVSU with out a flight. Thus Ferris gets another shot at Grandvalley, RD1. I believe Ferris will get in, but they won’t be a top seed.
                      And remember, Ferris will not have their coach in RD1

Comment

• Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post

And remember, Ferris will not have their coach in RD1
                        I don't think that will matter. But who knows.

Comment

Do you know something about our week 4 game next year?
                          Oh, no. Just day dreaming back to when we might open the season with Gulf South big dogs like North Alabama and Delta State.
                          Heading up North is extra appealing not just for the quality opponent but also to avoid triple digit heat indexes at kick off time.

Comment

I don't think that will matter. But who knows.
                            If it is indeed a rematch with GVSU, I'd say Ferris needs all advantages they can get their hands on. GVSU is the only team Ferris has had any issues with over the last couple of years, including this year. Not to say that Ferris' #2 guy is bad, but the HC is the HC for a reason.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X