Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post

If Mills Lane hadn’t died, the halftime show could have been a live version of Celebrity Death Match.
    That I would watch! It would have to be a battle royal so we could get rid of more of them.

Comment

I never watch the Super Bowl halftime show. I'm a runner and use that time to hit the road. There's hardly any traffic out during that half hour or however long it is so I take advantage of it and run like a wild stallion. I would watch it if there were a way to bring Jimi Hendrix back from the dead. Now that would be a show. Rock on!

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
        I never watch the Super Bowl halftime show. I'm a runner and use that time to hit the road. There's hardly any traffic out during that half hour or however long it is so I take advantage of it and run like a wild stallion. I would watch it if there were a way to bring Jimi Hendrix back from the dead. Now that would be a show. Rock on!
        Maybe AI will bring such opportunities. How about Elvis, Jim Morrison and the Doors, James Brown, Nirvana, Jimmy Buffett, or a repeat of the halftime show that featured Prince.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Maybe AI will bring such opportunities. How about Elvis, Jim Morrison and the Doors, James Brown, Nirvana, Jimmy Buffett, or a repeat of the halftime show that featured Prince.
          I think they've already AI'd Elvis, not at the Super Bowl but in a studio. Or maybe it was Frank Sinatra? Anyway, AI makes me nervous. It could do a lot of good, but it can also wreak havoc in the wrong hands. And you know the latter is bound to happen. It's just a matter of time.

Comment

One huge benefit of using AI would be that egos and secondary agendas could be left out of the mix. You could also feature artists back in their prime, not way past it. Superbowl's halftime shows should be for everyone there and viewers.

Comment

One huge benefit of using AI would be that egos and secondary agendas could be left out of the mix. You could also feature artists back in their prime, not way past it. Superbowl's halftime shows should be for everyone there and viewers.
              Getting people to agree on music taste is pretty tough. That's why the Super Bowl halftime shows always feature "safe" performers for the most part. Which - ironically just makes a large contingent of people upset anyway.

Like - I'd love to see KoRn do the halftime show, but I doubt many other people would.

Then again, Prince was pretty universally acclaimed so maybe there are some performers that could appease the masses. And Tracey Chapman/Luke Combs from the Grammys was pretty universally appreciated.

Comment

Prince actually requested before his passing to not be immortalized as a hologram - hence why his likeness was a projected image at the US Bank halftime show. Had something to do with religious preferences or something.

Appears to have been the smart move, though I highly doubt record execs and entertainment kingpins will ultimately respect his wishes.

Comment

The Halftime Show evolved when Fox’s “In Living Color” aired a live show during halftime against CBS who had the game and drew 20 million viewers. The next year Michael Jackson performed the first big spectacle half time show and it’s been that way since…

https://www.nfl.com/100/originals/10...me-changers-73

Comment

Recent shows have been pretty disappointing.

Comment

Speak for yourself.

Comment

The Weekend in Tampa was bad. But most have been passable. Bruno Mars was great. I did enjoy Katy Perry too.

Comment

My own opinion as a musician is I don't care to watch any show that isn't performed live, regardless of the artist.

Comment

I didn't watch the halftime show, but I enjoyed the KC show in the second half and beyond.

Final: Chiefs 25 49ers 22, in OT. Kudos to Patrick Mahomes. He's the Super Bowl MVP for a third time which ties him for the lead.
                            Last edited by crixus; 02-12-2024, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
                              I didn't watch the halftime show, but I enjoyed the KC show in the second half and beyond.

Final: Chiefs 25 49ers 22, in OT. Kudos to Patrick Mahomes. He's the Super Bowl MVP for a third time which ties him with Terry Bradshaw and Tom Brady.
                              Brady had 5 Super Bowl MVP awards.

Comment

In terms of music performers popularity rankings in the USA, Usher is presently #50, and #248 in all-time favorites.

It's about time that Jay-Z be replaced for picking the halftime performers by someone else who understands America's most preferred music genres (check the numbers / percentages). Jay-Z's preference for selecting artist which are signed under his Roc-Nation entertainment label is not working very well with the demographics which actually watch the Super Bowl / NFL in general. .

IMO, Bruno Mars (2016) was the last good Super Bowl halftime show.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X