• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeftSider View Post

Whatchu mean. Didn’t look like any beatings were taking place
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId=401508870

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
      I understand the frustration, but I’ll say it again. The NCAA is not mysterious, inconsistent or random in what it does. It has priorities for Division 2 that are unique to D2. They are stated:

Regional competition model. Division II has eight competitive regions in most sports, which build healthy rivalries, reduce time away from campus, enable families to follow their student-athletes and keep athletics participation in perspective within the educational mission. The regional model also affords a representative access to championship finals and equitable pathway to championships.

Like it not, this is one of the priorities. It serves the other NCAA sanctioned sports well. “The Committee” is not going to make an exception just for football. Nor do I think they should. The best teams will prevail and equity will be served.
      Why shouldn't there be an exception? So you are satisfied when arguably 5 of the top 6 in the country are forced to be whittled down to 1 by the semis? Not to mention the rigors that team has to go through and the other 3 don't.

Comment

Why shouldn't there be an exception? So you are satisfied when arguably 5 of the top 6 in the country are forced to be whittled down to 1 by the semis? Not to mention the rigors that team has to go through and the other 3 don't.

Not saying I’m totally satisfied with it. I’m just say that based on the NCAA’s published I see it from their point of view and respect their values. If there’s a way to maintain the regional representation and provide games that are competitive, I’’m all for it. Reseeding the Elite 8 is a step in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post

Not saying I’m totally satisfied with it. I’m just say that based on the NCAA’s published I see it from their point of view and respect their values. If there’s a way to maintain the regional representation and provide games that are competitive, I’’m all for it. Reseeding the Elite 8 is a step in the right direction.
          Really? Like Ferris and GV are close to Harding? For that matter Pitt is close to GV/FSU? And UCM? Point is, putting these 5 in different regions can still maintain regional rep. Heck most of the GLVC used to be in the GLIAC.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Thank you but it won’t stop the whining.

They won’t be happy until they get the teams they think should be in the final four. Then why play the three previous rounds? The only way they can get an all MIAA/GLIAC final four is to just pick two teams from each conference and call it the playoffs. Then it will be whining for days who didn’t get to host and how unfair it was…
            Not whining at all. Just stating the obvious. Do you ever wonder why both Ferris and GV have schedule opening's ever year? Well, let me enlighten you. It’s because all the private schools in the GLIAC bolted,for an easier conference in hopes of getting a playoff berth. And, try as the AD at GV might, nobody wants to play us. She called every school with an open date in the last two years and offered to come to their house or pay there travel expenses to come to Allendale. No takers. Ferris played Montana this year because no one else would play them. Grand Valley was beat by Harding this year…fair and square. But Nobody else in the country had to go through Davenport, Ferris and Pitt State to get there and if you’ll recall, GV started the last two seasons against Mines followed by Pueblo. And please don’t tell me that you found the two semifinal games competitive. Reseeding for the quarterfinals might be the answer but I won’t hold my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelakerman View Post

Not whining at all. Just stating the obvious. Do you ever wonder why both Ferris and GV have schedule opening's ever year? Well, let me enlighten you. It’s because all the private schools in the GLIAC bolted,for an easier conference in hopes of getting a playoff berth. And, try as the AD at GV might, nobody wants to play us. She called every school with an open date in the last two years and offered to come to their house or pay there travel expenses to come to Allendale. No takers. Ferris played Montana this year because no one else would play them. Grand Valley was beat by Harding this year…fair and square. But Nobody else in the country had to go through Davenport, Ferris and Pitt State to get there and if you’ll recall, GV started the last two seasons against Mines followed by Pueblo. And please don’t tell me that you found the two semifinal games competitive. Reseeding for the quarterfinals might be the answer but I won’t hold my breath.
              All I hear is we’re entitled and we should dictate the process.

Comment

All I hear is we’re entitled and we should dictate the process.

Nah. Nobody is saying that. Everyone is saying that the teams that don't even attempt to win the national championship should NOT be dictating the process, but they do. That's like having the 0-16 Detroit Lions get to say to the NFL that the Eagles, as the #1 seed, should have to always face the NFC East playoff wildcard in the first round if there is one, even if they have the same record as the Eagles, instead of facing the team that barely got in.
                Last edited by KleShreen; 12-10-2023, 05:40 PM.
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Nah. Nobody is saying that. Everyone is saying that the teams that don't even attempt to win the national championship should NOT be dictating the process, but they do. That's like having the 0-16 Detroit Lions get to say to the NFL that the Eagles, as the #1 seed, should have to always face the NFC East playoff wildcard in the first round if there is one, even if they have the same record as the Eagles, instead of facing the team that barely got in.
                  But the BIG East with the top three teams in the conference don’t get to face off for the BIG title.

Life isn’t fair.

The Eagles could technically play a 5 seed with a better than the 4 seed NFC South champion with barely a .500 record

Life isn’t fair.

The D2 football world doesn’t revolve around Region 3.

Life isn’t fair.
                  Last edited by IUPNation; 12-10-2023, 07:05 PM.

Comment

But the BIG East with the top three teams in the conference don’t get to face off for the BIG title.

Life isn’t fair.
                    Uh, they'll get to next year. Because change is good when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelakerman View Post

I don't know if that is entirely true.

Both GVST and Ferris have successfully built competitive athletics programs but have nearly double the number of student-athletes on full scholarship compared to most universities. Making it difficult for many schools to afford offering 50-60 full scholarships. Taking GVST as an example, just two in-state students at the current tuition rate would be sufficient to fund 51 full scholarships for in-state athletes but only count at 36 scholarships under the ncaa d2 limit.

Comment

Originally posted by debergfan View Post

Both GVST and Ferris have successfully built competitive athletics programs but have nearly double the number of student-athletes on full scholarship compared to most universities. Making it difficult for many schools to afford offering 50-60 full scholarships. Taking GVST as an example, just two in-state students at the current tuition rate would be sufficient to fund 51 full scholarships for in-state athletes but only count at 36 scholarships under the ncaa d2 limit.
                        ......what?

Comment

smh

Comment

Most schools give in state rates to lots of out of state students to get around that.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Most schools give in state rates to lots of out of state students to get around that.
                              Not all, not a lot of private schools

Comment

Not all, not a lot of private schools
                                I was told that there wasn't a differentiation between in and out of state at private schools.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X