Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    ...and why would the other programs care since they can mark the KWC game down as a win?
    It affects the computer points for playoff consideration. It really hurts getting a second team into the playoffs with a weak SOS, let alone the conference winner might not even get earned access.

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post

Now, even if they lose every game, why should KWC be an Independent?
    Because it has not worked in the last 17 years, is the best win in the last ten years a win over LEC? Would would be the second best win in that time frame?

Comment

• This coming weekend, KWC will make the trip from Owensboro to Hillsdale. The Chargers have scored big vs the Panthers in past games and most likely this game will be KWC's seventh loss of the season. Hillsdale players will step up this Saturday as a way to put behind them the sting they felt vs Findlay last Saturday. Congrats to the Oilers; woe to the Panthers.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaleDude View Post
        This coming weekend, KWC will make the trip from Owensboro to Hillsdale. The Chargers have scored big vs the Panthers in past games and most likely this game will be KWC's seventh loss of the season. Hillsdale players will step up this Saturday as a way to put behind them the sting they felt vs Findlay last Saturday. Congrats to the Oilers; woe to the Panthers.
        You think? I really liked Craig Yeast (current KWC Coach) when he played for the University of Kentucky. He was lightening in a UK uniform. I was encouraged by his hiring, but I think maybe he is in over his head at this juncture. That does not mean he can't turn things around next season, I just don't know. What I do know is that the college needs to look for a different style of coach in their next hire. I would like to see a coach with military experience that will drill the team over and over on offense and really shore up the defensive line and the defense overall. Maybe, Craig Yeast can turn it around next season. Who knows? The previous coach had years at KWC and was an alumn. He hates my guts, but he never produced many wins over a long tenure. He did recruit Keelan Cole who has made it to the NFL. Cole has blazing foot speed and should have a shot at being a legit NFL receiver in coming years. His first two seasons with the Jaguars he did well, but I am not sure if he is healthy this season.
        Last edited by alumnifan; 10-24-2019, 02:50 PM.

Comment

You think? I really liked Craig Yeast (current KWC Coach) when he played for the University of Kentucky. He was lightening in UK uniform. I was encouraged by his hiring, but I think maybe he is in over head at this juncture. That does not mean he can't turn things around next season, I just don't know. What I do know is that the college needs to look for a different style of coach in their next hire. I would like to see a coach with military expense that will drill the team over and over on offense and really shore up the defensive line and the defense overall. Maybe, Craig Yeast can turn it around next season. Who knows? The previous coach had years at KWC and was an alumni. He hates my guts, but he never produced many wins over a long tenure. He did recruit Keelan Cole who has made it to the NFL. Cole has blazing foot speed and should have a shot at being a legit NFL receiver in coming years.
          ??? !!! ???

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

??? !!! ???
            Let me restate that last post. Cole had two really good seasons with the Jacksonville Jaguars to start his career. He was an undrafted free agent coming out of Kentucky Wesleyan. I should apologize about what I said about Keelan Cole. He had two very good seasons in his first two seasons with the Jaguars. By legit, I mean a real strong NFL player with longevity. This season he has played in two of the four games or had stats in two of the first four games. He had a two yard TD against the Bengals, and had no stats against the Saints and Panthers. He has the greatest foot speed of any player I have seen in person and close up. He has had two receptions this year, one for 19 yards and the one two yard reception for a TD. I think he missed two games.

Keelan Cole NFL Stats: https://www.jaguars.com/team/players...r/keelan-cole/

Comment

• The best football coach I ever knew, that nobody has ever heard of, was in the Air Force and was a School Principal. His teams were so well drilled. He had very little to work with and did really well. He was just the best coach I ever knew and he coached at a low level. However, his intelligence of the game and his play calling was superb. He could have easily coached college football, but he was dedicated to public education first and foremost. He drilled the offense over and over and over and was the best teacher of the game I have ever known. He commanded respect and I loved him. I worked as a sports editor, writer and publisher when I was younger for several publications, one a start up, one a daily, and one a weekly, and most coaches that are really good are arrogant. Some say that they have to be arrogant to be great, but the greatest coach I ever knew was not arrogant. He was a disciplinarian and a teacher of the game. He did not have an arrogant bone in his body. My writing is not as sharp as it was in the past, I am getting older and maybe developing some loss of memory or dementia.
              Last edited by alumnifan; 10-24-2019, 02:53 PM.

Comment

You think? I really liked Craig Yeast (current KWC Coach) when he played for the University of Kentucky. He was lightening in a UK uniform. I was encouraged by his hiring, but I think maybe he is in over his head at this juncture. That does not mean he can't turn things around next season, I just don't know. What I do know is that the college needs to look for a different style of coach in their next hire. I would like to see a coach with military experience that will drill the team over and over on offense and really shore up the defensive line and the defense overall. Maybe, Craig Yeast can turn it around next season. Who knows? The previous coach had years at KWC and was an alumn. He hates my guts, but he never produced many wins over a long tenure. He did recruit Keelan Cole who has made it to the NFL. Cole has blazing foot speed and should have a shot at being a legit NFL receiver in coming years. His first two seasons with the Jaguars he did well, but I am not sure if he is healthy this season.
                A quite of few of us told you Alumnifan that it takes time to build a program. KWC is a pretty young team, with only 6 seniors and 18 juniors out of 96 players. That means it will take some time. Give your team more time. I know you probably been waiting a very long time for a few consecutive years of good ball, but you must give this guy time.
                Last edited by ShoNuff; 10-26-2019, 09:51 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• I will make this short. After the 2017 season KWC ranked 147 out of 168 teams. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_D...n-loss_records

Without a win this season their all time record will be 168-294-16 and their D2 W-L ranking will drop.

Comment

I will make this short. After the 2017 season KWC ranked 147 out of 168 teams. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_D...n-loss_records

Without a win this season their all time record will be 168-294-16 and their D2 W-L ranking will drop.
                    Ok...however, continue to wait. Let's see if Coach Yeast have players that have bought into what he's trying to do AND are able to afford to stay.

Comment

• Hillsdale 41 v. KWC 14 Final

Record to Date: 0-8

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Ok...however, continue to wait. Let's see if Coach Yeast have players that have bought into what he's trying to do AND are able to afford to stay.
                        I think it is probable with the type of season KWC is having that some of the players will leave the program after this season. Some will probably not return for the second semester, especially if they lose to AB. That is just a guess.

Comment

• KWC vs Hillsdale wasn't much of a game. Both teams played sloppy football in wet, cold, windy, nasty conditions and between them earned 22 penalty flags, eleven each. That's really uncharacteristic of Hillsdale. The Chargers are usually in the upper tier of teams that commit the least amount of penalties. However, KWC was, in a word, awful. At one point, the Panthers caught the Chargers in a third and thirty when someone on the Panther coaching staff said, or did, something to earn a flag, and then another for a total of 30 yards in penalties. First down Hillsdale in the KWC red zone. KWC scored their first TD on a pick six in the first quarter. They didn't score again until the fourth quarter when the game had already been decided. Yeast might be one of the greatest coaches that ever lived, but no one could say that was true in this game. Good luck Panthers. You're going to need it going forward, or backwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaleDude View Post
                            KWC vs Hillsdale wasn't much of a game. Both teams played sloppy football in wet, cold, windy, nasty conditions and between them earned 22 penalty flags, eleven each. That's really uncharacteristic of Hillsdale. The Chargers are usually in the upper tier of teams that commit the least amount of penalties. However, KWC was, in a word, awful. At one point, the Panthers caught the Chargers in a third and thirty when someone on the Panther coaching staff said, or did, something to earn a flag, and then another for a total of 30 yards in penalties. First down Hillsdale in the KWC red zone. KWC scored their first TD on a pick six in the first quarter. They didn't score again until the fourth quarter when the game had already been decided. Yeast might be one of the greatest coaches that ever lived, but no one could say that was true in this game. Good luck Panthers. You're going to need it going forward, or backwards.
                            This is the type of post that should have been made on your own thread if you have one. It is one thing for an alum to be upset with this year's team, but it is another for me to read your stuff on the thread I started. The entire post was a put down, and it showed some really poor sportsmanship on your behalf. Wesleyan drove all the way to Michigan to take this loss. I am pretty sure everyone that follows the Midwest Region knows Wesleyan got drilled. I had already posted the score. Nobody has ever said that Craig Yeast is the greatest coach that ever lived. That is another put down. I was initially excited about his hire because I liked him as a player at the University of Kentucky and I built him up too much. I take the blame for that, but you don't have to rub it in our faces. You lack class and you showed your AZZ.

Comment

• I never said that my disposition is a model of decorum, but I can only take so much of this crap. I can only take so much of the losing in football, and that is why I have stated my concerns and that is why I am upset about the football program. And, not to toot my own horn, but I give to the college and to the athletic program. I have for a long time. I don't give the way some millionaires can give, but when the college calls me I respond in kind and they have my phone number. I am also probably the only person to ever return my winning 50-50 drawing at a KWC game back to the basketball team. You don't beat a dying horse unless you are a sadist. Or, in our case a dying cat and that is even worse. The college is not dying, but we are under the helm of a temporary president. Not much is going to change one way or the other until the Board of Trustees can really give a lot of thought and careful consideration as to who the next President will be. I will also state that I know this year's team is young, but it has some experience and I know this is a first year football coach, but the hire has already been made. I am not knocking Craig Yeast or his staff. I liked him as a player and I still like him because I am sure he is a very good person. However, I don't criticize college student athletes unless it is for a very good reason, and I don't recall ever criticizing a student-athlete, that is not to say that I have not - I just don't remember ever doing it. I think at this juncture, I need to take a deep breath and hope the basketball program can win more games this season and show some marked improvement.

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X