Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KWC Football

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    Why do you have a disdain for a former SEC and NFL player being the Head Coach at KWC. Can't we dream a little after all of these years of getting slaughtered? And, that coach has already recruited well. Wesleyan will probably win 5 games this season. That will be an improvement. If they really get tough, they might win six. I don't blast you. Why are you nit picking my posts when I just want to see a KWC football team become competitive. You know we have not had the best records in the past, but we have a good Director of Athletics who made a good hire. And, Craig Yeast is a good hire and a good person. He will befriend all of the coaches in the G-MAC that he can, and represent KWC with class.

Keep betting against him and running him down. That will motivate him. As a 57 year old alum. I am going to attend every home game I can. I am actually looking forward to a KWC football season. Look, I am not going to be a smart AZZ anymore. That was when I was angry. I am not angry anymore. I have to get right with the Lord, because I don't know how much longer I have to live, but I am thankful that God has seen me through these many years, and I hope for some more with some good experiences. Peace!

Comment

I agree with your post, 100%.

Comment

Why do you have a disdain for a former SEC and NFL player being the Head Coach at KWC. Can't we dream a little after all of these years of getting slaughtered? And, that coach has already recruited well. Wesleyan will probably win 5 games this season. That will be an improvement. If they really get tough, they might win six. I don't blast you. Why are you nit picking my posts when I just want to see a KWC football team become competitive. You know we have not had the best records in the past, but we have a good Director of Athletics who made a good hire. And, Craig Yeast is a good hire and a good person. He will befriend all of the coaches in the G-MAC that he can, and represent KWC with class.

Keep betting against him and running him down. That will motivate him. As a 57 year old alum. I am going to attend every home game I can. I am actually looking forward to a KWC football season. Look, I am not going to be a smart AZZ anymore. That was when I was angry. I am not angry anymore. I have to get right with the Lord, because I don't know how much longer I have to live, but I am thankful that God has seen me through these many years, and I hope for some more with some good experiences. Peace!
        I don't have distain for Yeast and you certainly can dream of great success. Afterall, that is what homers do...They lead with their heart and believe every move by their new HC will be perfect, every recruit will become an All-American their first year, new fans will come in droves and numerous NC's will soon be gracing the schools trophy case. Happens to millions of sports fans every year so you are no different in that respect!

I don't know much about Yeast other than what I've recently read. But he seems like a fine hire for KWC. He has a good pedigree and seems to be a marked improvement over the previous guy(s). But reputation and pedigree only get you so far. IF he is capable of IDing and recruiting top tier DII level recruits and then put together a coaching staff that can take these recruits and make them better, he will have a good chance at turning the program around...If he can't, he won't.

While it wouldn't be unheard of for a new HC to turn a bad program into a winner overnight, the typical reality is that turning a program takes at least a few years. I wish him luck and success in the short term and long.

Comment

You got one thing right for sure. I lead with my heart, especially at my age and at this point in my life. I am not going to criticize any coach, player, or team. It does me no good to do that anymore. I just want to be a proud member of the alumni and I have been a fan of Kentucky Wesleyan since I was in Junior High. KWC held the Regional Speech festival there, and from there I went to state and got a Superior Rating in story telling at UK. Funny thing is, I don't really care about UK athletics anymore.

Comment

And, my father's first name was Homer. So, thank you, boatcapt! He was a good man and a decorated Korean War Purple Heart Veteran.

Let's everybody get angry if a former student, supporter, alum, and a Homer gets excited a little about his alma mater. I like the direction Kentucky Wesleyan is going in this season in several ways, not just in football, but as an institution. The former president did some outstanding work, the institution is on solid financial ground. Could be better, could be worse. Good lord if a lot of people hates the coach before he ever plays his first game, something good is bound to happen. The skill set is going to improve, like it or not.
            Last edited by alumnifan; 08-13-2019, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I just remembered this. Craig Yeast has extensive football knowledge. He also played in the Canadian Football League as well. You can read his full bio at this link.

Coach Craig Yeast Bio Link: https://kwcpanthers.com/staff.aspx?staff=277

He held what I believe was a 14 High School Team Jamboree at Kentucky Wesleyan recently and I talked with one of the high school coaches, and he was amazed that the college could pull this off. He was really impressed with the way the college ran this event, and he has been a high school football coach for 25 years. Kentucky Wesleyan set up, I think, six other fields on campus in order to have every team playing at the same time in this huge Jamboree that brought in hundreds and hundreds of high school football players for this event, maybe over a 1,000. There is room on campus to mark off six other fields, but just to do that was a remarkable feat. The coaches were enthralled with Coach Yeast's knowledge of the game and him being able to pull this off. Of course, all hands were on deck at KWC for this event. Read his bio link at the top of this post. He is going to do well. The kids that participated in this jamboree loved him and loved the event. I just think that D2 football is going to be his bread and butter for years to come.

Comment

And, my father's first name was Homer. So, thank you, boatcapt! He was a good man and a decorated Korean War Purple Heart Veteran.

Let's everybody get angry if a former student, supporter, alum, and a Homer gets excited a little about his alma mater. I like the direction Kentucky Wesleyan is going in this season in several ways, not just in football, but as an institution. The former president did some outstanding work, the institution is on solid financial ground. Could be better, could be worse. Good lord if a lot of people hates the coach before he ever plays his first game, something good is bound to happen. The skill set is going to improve, like it or not.
                Don't think anyone "hates" the coach although I could have missed that. Most of the post's I've read have indicated that most think he is a fine hire. Just because they disagree with you're assessment that he is the second coming of Nick Saben doesn't mean that they hate him.

Given were KWC has been, he will have a lot of opportunity to improve.

Comment

Last edited by alumnifan; 08-15-2019, 09:18 AM.

Comment

One thing we know about Craig Yeast is his team will score points. That fact itself will help fill the seats at Steele Stadium and it could become a very difficult stadium to win a D2 football game. His offense is going to be exciting. Assistant Head Coach Mell Mills, along with Tyrone Young, Dwight Sutton, and Glen Rowell will be responsible for stopping the other teams from scoring. Yeast will have nine other coaches helping him win football games. A complete list of the coaching staff can be found at the link below:
                    https://kwcpanthers.com/coaches.aspx?roster=237

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                      Don't think anyone "hates" the coach although I could have missed that. Most of the post's I've read have indicated that most think he is a fine hire. Just because they disagree with you're assessment that he is the second coming of Nick Saben doesn't mean that they hate him.

Given were KWC has been, he will have a lot of opportunity to improve.
                      Agree with you Boat 1000%. NOBODY hates the coach. We all just not going to declare that KWC WILL be a winning program overnight. We all may "hope" or "wish", but we will not just declare how great they are going to be, not because he played SEC/NFL/CFL football and has directed some high scoring offenses at the D-III level. All we want to do is play the "wait and see", and I know that is fair to do. What did Charlie Weiss "experience" with the Patriots do for him at University of Kansas? All we want to do is just wait and see.

Comment

I never said he was the second coming of Nick Saban. That is a ridiculous statement to make.
                        You didn't call Saban by name but in one single post, you did say:

Craig Yeast:

1. Was a brilliant player in the SEC for the University of Kentucky.
                        2. Will put thousands of people in the stands over the course of his tenure.
                        3. In terms of recruiting good players, what kid would not want to play for him?
                        4. He can get the best D2 players in Kentucky - For Sure.
                        5. Is just a great guy and a professional. He carries himself as a pro.
                        6. Will become and outstanding Head College Coach and becomes a LEGEND like Roy Kidd did at EKU.
                        7. Has all the charisma a coach needs.
                        8. Women will love him.
                        9. Mothers will love him and Owensboro him.
                        10. I love him already.
                        11. Is going to be an ambassador for D2 Football not just for the G-MAC, but for the entire Midwest and portions of the Southeast.
                        12. Will have a coaching staff devoted to him,
                        13. Players will be devoted to him.
                        14. Alumni are going to be devoted to him.
                        15. Is going to bring in all kinds of spectators and visitors to Steele Stadium.
                        16. Every kid in Owensboro who loves football will want to be around him.
                        17. There is no down side to Coach Craig Yeast.
                        18. The kids in Owensboro will love him.
                        19. kids all over Kentucky will love him.
                        Only thing missing is a halo and the pronouncements that he can heal the sick and make the blind see!!!!

Comment

You really took liberty to misquote a lot of what I said, and I am not going to break down every detail. Obviously, you don't like Craig Yeast for some reason. And, that is your privilege. I will pass the message along to him right here. He was a brilliant player for UK. There are only two D2 football teams in Kentucky, and Wesleyan as of late is the best of the two. And, I said I hope he becomes a legend like Roy Kidd. His coaching staff is filled out with solid men. Those other nine coaches are going to help him win. Look, you can take this up with the Athletic Director at KWC, or maybe you have already had a run in with the Director of Athletics at KWC. I'm glad he is the head coach now. We have had enough losing in the past. He is going to turn around the program, and I look for them to win five games this season. That will be a good start. And, I will stand by everything I said in my previous posts.

Comment

I dont particularly care about KWC or Coach Yeast. I've said, repeatedly, that I think he is fine and will be a step up from the previous HC at KWC. My only issue, and again, I dont really care a whole lot, is the over the top adulation you have heaped on him.

As for "missquots", I pulled them directly from one previous post by you.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                              I dont particularly care about KWC or Coach Yeast. I've said, repeatedly, that I think he is fine and will be a step up from the previous HC at KWC. My only issue, and again, I dont really care a whole lot, is the over the top adulation you have heaped on him.

As for "missquots", I pulled them directly from one previous post by you.
                              Uh, BC, you may want to back away....slowly. This is going nowhere.

Comment

The Panthers are in Day 6 of their football camp. An article is published for each day in camp. This is the latest, but you can go back to day one. I LOVE THIS! LOL! We're getting a view of the camp and an article on the KWC Athletic Website for every day. BTW, the Sports Information Department has always been great. There is going to be a vast improvement in the program and there are people behind the scenes that are making this happen. And, they know what they are doing. I have never seen this kind of coverage for a preseason football camp at Wesleyan. There are hundreds and hundreds of photos uploaded of the Camp. This builds esteem and a devotion to the team from the players. It is classy, I think. I LOVE IT!

KWC Panthers Camp Article Link to Day 6: https://kwcpanthers.com/news/2019/8/...les-day-6.aspx
                                Last edited by alumnifan; 08-17-2019, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X