Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

A new coach CAN sometimes produce instant success...but I think that is the exception and not the rule. You can like KWC's new coach while not thinking he will produce instant success. I think Yeast has the potential to turn KWC into a successful program, just maybe not this year or perhaps even next. As the saying goes, program didn't get bad overnight so they probably aren't going to be good overnight.
    If you have bad players it will be impossible to produce instant success. However, if you have a group of good player BUT you have been underachieving then you could produce some instant success. If Coach Yeast recruited some good players then it probably will take a couple of years before they start paying dividends. But we shall see Boat....I know I am playing the waiting game. But I want to see if the fans will continue to support the team this season.

Comment

When your team is rock bottom it takes time for improvement to be clear. Improvement can happen even if the Loses continue for awhile. Let's just stay tuned.

Comment

One thing I can say about KWC is that they didn't make the long trip to Findlay just to go through the motions. They played hard and did their best to take advantage of anything possible. This is where Yeast's presence is already evident A year or two and the Panthers will no longer be seen as a walkover.

Comment

TY for the good words. I hope we can hang on to the good players recruited and add several more.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
            When your team is rock bottom it takes time for improvement to be clear. Improvement can happen even if the Loses continue for awhile. Let's just stay tuned.
            I think Alderson Broaddus is in worse shape than Kentucky Wesleyan is. The Battlers are 0-5, and the last four of those losses have been blowouts. Our team's meet for the last game of the season. It should actually be a pretty interesting game because the the loser will most likely be cemented in last place by then.
            Last edited by crixus; 10-06-2019, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Let Us Pray

I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. The college has already taken down all of the first six games the football team has lost along with any stats on the athletic website. This is just pathetic! I think Wesleyan has a curse, either that or they are just horrible, probably both. 0-6 so far. How bad can it get? I vote to drop football and start a Lacrosse team or Men's Volleyball, Water Polo at the YMCA, Men's Donkey Softball, Pick Up Sticks, Men's Poker team, whatever. If all the college can do is lose in football, they may as well try another sport. The college should offer some answers on why they are so bad. Are they not giving out scholarships for football? Is their budget so low that they cannot win a game? Are there ghosts in the locker room that haunt the players? Do all the players have a broken bone of some type? Are the players given Valium instead of salt tablets? WHAT IN THE WORLD IS WRONG? They have just wiped out the stats and the scores of all six games on the schedule. This is just pathetic! I had great hopes. Now, I just want the college to drop football. Honestly, if they can't produce a team any better than this, the college has no business risking player injuries to such nonsense. It would not surprise me at this point if they lose every game this season, and nobody will know the stats because the college will never produce them on the athletic website. All Wesleyan has on their athletic website are the game previews. That might change, but I highly doubt it. They are ashamed of the team, that is why. They might produce a write up on this game or they may not. I wouldn't if I was the athletic director. Just pretend the team does not exist, and the box scores? Oooops, forgot to post those. My Junior High football team could have probably beat this team. I guarantee you my Junior High Football coach would have won games if he was the head coach at Wesleyan, but he is dead now. My High School Alma Mater has mostly freshmen players, but they have won some games. There is no excuse for this. Something is drastically WRONG!

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                Let Us Pray

I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. The college has already taken down all of the first six games the football team has lost along with any stats on the athletic website. This is just pathetic! I think Wesleyan has a curse, either that or they are just horrible, probably both. 0-6 so far. How bad can it get? I vote to drop football and start a Lacrosse team or Men's Volleyball, Water Polo at the YMCA, Men's Donkey Softball, Pick Up Sticks, Men's Poker team, whatever. If all the college can do is lose in football, they may as well try another sport. The college should offer some answers on why they are so bad. Are they not giving out scholarships for football? Is their budget so low that they cannot win a game? Are there ghosts in the locker room that haunt the players? Do all the players have a broken bone of some type? Are the players given Valium instead of salt tablets? WHAT IN THE WORLD IS WRONG? They have just wiped out the stats and the scores of all six games on the schedule. This is just pathetic! I had great hopes. Now, I just want the college to drop football. Honestly, if they can't produce a team any better than this, the college has no business risking player injuries to such nonsense. It would not surprise me at this point if they lose every game this season, and nobody will know the stats because the college will never produce them on the athletic website. All Wesleyan has on their athletic website are the game previews. That might change, but I highly doubt it. They are ashamed of the team, that is why. They might produce a write up on this game or they may not. I wouldn't if I was the athletic director. Just pretend the team does not exist, and the box scores? Oooops, forgot to post those. My Junior High football team could have probably beat this team. I guarantee you my Junior High Football coach would have won games if he was the head coach at Wesleyan, but he is dead now. My High School Alma Mater has mostly freshmen players, but they have won some games. There is no excuse for this. Something is drastically WRONG!
                Uh-oh....

Comment

Let Us Pray

The stats are posted on the web site, just have to know where to look:

Season Stats:
                  https://kwcpanthers.com/cumestats.as...ball&year=2019

Concordia 17 KWC 14:https://kwcpanthers.com/boxscore.asp...&path=football

Quincy 34 KWC 16: https://kwcpanthers.com/boxscore.asp...&path=football

Southwest Baptist 20 KWC 13: https://kwcpanthers.com/boxscore.asp...&path=football

Lake Erie 49 KWC 42: https://kwcpanthers.com/boxscore.asp...&path=football

Findlay 38 KWC 13: https://kwcpanthers.com/boxscore.asp...&path=football

Tiffin 59 KWC 6: https://kwcpanthers.com/boxscore.asp...&path=football

As we stated, on the average, it takes time to rebuild a team. Give him some time.
                  Last edited by ShoNuff; 10-12-2019, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Let Us Pray

Ouch!! Safe to say alumnifan is not happy with the team haha

But, in all seriousness, what did KWC fans expect out of this season? Not being close to KWC football, I'm genuinely asking A new coach can only do so much without any players that he actually recruited, and it's pretty clear the program was horrendous before his arrival so in one year, that isn't going to change. Is there some sort of disillusion cloud hanging over Owensboro that people think suddenly the team will just be able to compete against the league's top teams? Shoot, had a radio clip sent to me where KWC's football radio announcer, who you would think would do some research and have a general idea about the landscape of the conference in football, was looking at upcoming games and said they'll definitely be favored this week against Ohio Dominican (again I say - FAVORED) and that 'there's a very good chance the team could win their next five games'. I know in 2019, 'lol' is very overused, but I quite seriously laughed out loud at that statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetOily View Post

Ouch!! Safe to say alumnifan is not happy with the team haha

But, in all seriousness, what did KWC fans expect out of this season? Not being close to KWC football, I'm genuinely asking A new coach can only do so much without any players that he actually recruited, and it's pretty clear the program was horrendous before his arrival so in one year, that isn't going to change. Is there some sort of disillusion cloud hanging over Owensboro that people think suddenly the team will just be able to compete against the league's top teams? Shoot, had a radio clip sent to me where KWC's football radio announcer, who you would think would do some research and have a general idea about the landscape of the conference in football, was looking at upcoming games and said they'll definitely be favored this week against Ohio Dominican (again I say - FAVORED) and that 'there's a very good chance the team could win their next five games'. I know in 2019, 'lol' is very overused, but I quite seriously laughed out loud at that statement.
                      Rolling back through this thread you can see alumnifan was warned to control his optimism. Now he needs to control his pessimism. Season one has been tough, season two will tell the tale if the future is bright.

Comment

• I seriously believe that KyWes should be "independent" for football, play the north mid-south teams, plus Kentucky St, Central St.

Comment

• Originally posted by D2Ohio View Post
                          I seriously believe that KyWes should be "independent" for football, play the north mid-south teams, plus Kentucky St, Central St.
                          Yeah, because the GMAC can afford to lose another football school.

Comment

• Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

Yeah, because the GMAC can afford to lose another football school.
                            I'm convinced your friends 90 minutes to the east will join back with you soon enough to offset this potential "loss"

Comment

• Originally posted by D2Ohio View Post
                              I seriously believe that KyWes should be "independent" for football, play the north mid-south teams, plus Kentucky St, Central St.
                              Now, even if they lose every game, why should KWC be an Independent? That makes no sense at all since they ARE A CHARTER MEMBER OF THE G-MAC. Again, even if they lose every game, they have an easier time with the scheduling and why would the other programs care since they can mark the KWC game down as a win?

Comment

• I don't think the Indie route is a good idea. It's not good for KWC or the GMAC. Many teams have turned their programs around, it takes time and dedication.
                                Last edited by crixus; 10-20-2019, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X