Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else find it amusing that the most popular thread in the G-MAC section is talking about a winless Kentucky Wesleyan team? haha

Comment

• Originally posted by GetOily View Post
      Anyone else find it amusing that the most popular thread in the G-MAC section is talking about a winless Kentucky Wesleyan team? haha
      Actually not that funny as a particular KWU fan seems to be a bit overwhelmed with the significance of D2 football in the bigger scheme of things.

Comment

• I have been following the KWC football team since they played their first game in the modern era against Kentucky State at Rash Stadium back in the early 80's when I was a student at KWC. I believe I have been pretty darn patient over the years. 0-8 thus far is unacceptable. Do you think every first year coach loses every game they play in? Look, I am for Craig Yeast. I am just sick of this crap where unknown people get on this board and make their first post in order to criticize me. This will be my 9,073rd post. Do you really think that if I didn't care about the athletic program at KWC, I would write this many posts? I not only follow KWC athletics, I give to KWC and have for many years. I don't give like millionaires can give, but I have given my share and I have the right to my opinion given the fact that I am an alum who gives to the college, follower, faithful fan, and a very patient fan I might add. The magic formula is hard work! Scouting the other teams until the coaches have blood shot eyes, offensive and defensive drills, going over every single offensive play time after time after time. Hard work is the magic formula, on both offense and defense! KWC has given up 147 points in the last three games. UNACCEPTABLE!

Comment

• The job of any Head Coach is not to get the players to like him or her. The job of the Head Coach is to have his/her players revere him or her, depending on the sport. In fact, I think the best coaches are the ones that strive for perfect execution, both on offense and defense. That calls for A LOT of repetition whether the players like it or not. Worrying about whether or not players like the head coach is crazy thinking. If a head coach wins enough games, all the hard work and hate in practice turns toward respect and admiration. Even if a team does not win a lot while practicing hard and tough, that student athlete will develop a work ethic that goes way beyond any sport that he or she plays in and over time the student athlete will appreciate learning that work ethic. I don't expect any magic formula. There is no magic formula to winning. The only formula to winning is HARD WORK until you puke!

Comment

• Originally posted by alumnifan View Post

I have been following the KWC football team since they played their first game in the modern era against Kentucky State at Rash Stadium back in the early 80's when I was a student at KWC. I believe I have been pretty darn patient over the years. 0-8 thus far is unacceptable. Do you think every first year coach loses every game they play in? Look, I am for Craig Yeast. I am just sick of this crap where unknown people get on this board and make their first post in order to criticize me. This will be my 9,073rd post. Do you really think that if I didn't care about the athletic program at KWC, I would write this many posts? I not only follow KWC athletics, I give to KWC and have for many years. I don't give like millionaires can give, but I have given my share and I have the right to my opinion given the fact that I am an alum who gives to the college, follower, faithful fan, and a very patient fan I might add. The magic formula is hard work! Scouting the other teams until the coaches have blood shot eyes, offensive and defensive drills, going over every single offensive play time after time after time. Hard work is the magic formula, on both offense and defense! KWC has given up 147 points in the last three games. UNACCEPTABLE!

Comment

The job of any Head Coach is not to get the players to like him or her. The job of the Head Coach is to have his/her players revere him or her, depending on the sport. In fact, I think the best coaches are the ones that strive for perfect execution, both on offense and defense. That calls for A LOT of repetition whether the players like it or not. Worrying about whether or not players like the head coach is crazy thinking. If a head coach wins enough games, all the hard work and hate in practice turns toward respect and admiration. Even if a team does not win a lot while practicing hard and tough, that student athlete will develop a work ethic that goes way beyond any sport that he or she plays in and over time the student athlete will appreciate learning that work ethic. I don't expect any magic formula. There is no magic formula to winning. The only formula to winning is HARD WORK until you puke!

Comment

• Originally posted by BaldEagleFan View Post

So this post shows your knowledge of what exactly goes on in a college football program...

Do you know how many hours the NCAA allows for practice, weights, and meetings?
                OF COURSE he has not been to any practices!!! He thought all of Coach Yeast's playing experience would automatically turn the team around. That is not fair to have such SUPER HIGH expectations, all because he is tired of waiting for the program to compete consistently.

Comment

• Probably should schedule: Kentucky Christian, Cincinnati Christian, Georgetown, Pikeville, Bethel, Thomas Moore, Campbellsville, Kentucky State, Central State, Urbana

Comment

• Originally posted by D2Ohio View Post
                    Probably should schedule: Kentucky Christian, Cincinnati Christian, Georgetown, Pikeville, Bethel, Thomas Moore, Campbellsville, Kentucky State, Central State, Urbana
                    As a Independent !? Or should they go ahead and flip to NAIA !?

Comment

• I just want to wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Holy Days and good health! I've seen the light. I'm turning my life around at 57. I am going to be a different man. I confess my sins of arrogance, lack of humility and knowledge. I am drifting off into the sunset away from the D2 Message Board. I humbly retreat to my abode and there I rest my case.

Comment

• ?

Comment

I just want to wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Holy Days and good health! I've seen the light. I'm turning my life around at 57. I am going to be a different man. I confess my sins of arrogance, lack of humility and knowledge. I am drifting off into the sunset away from the D2 Message Board. I humbly retreat to my abode and there I rest my case.
                          Be well.

Comment

I just want to wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Holy Days and good health! I've seen the light. I'm turning my life around at 57. I am going to be a different man. I confess my sins of arrogance, lack of humility and knowledge. I am drifting off into the sunset away from the D2 Message Board. I humbly retreat to my abode and there I rest my case.
                            Wish you well also.

Comment

KWU won the last game of the season, and that's something to build on for 2020. Think positive!
                              Last edited by crixus; 12-31-2019, 08:41 PM.
                              Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X