Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Derek Redd reports Shepherd is leaving the MEC after next year

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You could have gotten your school 100 Directors Cup points! That alone would have been enough to rank your team above 18 SR1 schools!!!!!!!!!

Bowing atuds don't get the chicks...That is unless you're Ernie McCracken..."Big Ern" gets ALL the ladies!!!
    Lol

Don't get Munsoned.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
      In my opinion, the director's cup should only count.

Football/Volleyball
      Cross Country/Cross Country
      Basketball/Basketball
      Baseball/Softball
      Track&Field/Track&Field

Something like that. The same T&F team can score director's cup points for both indoor and outdoor.
      Soccer/soccer ???

Comment

Exactly...so it would be a Big East title because they were a member of the Big East for wrestling. If they were an independent, it would be a Summit League credit.
        And, to the original point re: NDC wrestling...

If I'm not mistaken, NONE of the MEC's members with wrestling programs, including NDC, are affiliated with a conference AND the MEC doesn't sponsor wrestling.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
          Soccer/soccer ???
          Slippery slope. The someone will ask about tennis. Then someone will ask about x, etc. ;)

The reason I excluded soccer was because I picked two fall sports, one winter sport, and two spring sports. I could easily be persuaded to remove cross county and replace it with the soccer teams.

Comment

Slippery slope. The someone will ask about tennis. Then someone will ask about x, etc. ;)

The reason I excluded soccer was because I picked two fall sports, one winter sport, and two spring sports. I could easily be persuaded to remove cross county and replace it with the soccer teams.
            Thanks
            I'd base it on the number of teams participating nationwide. D2 wrestling (60 schools) and field jockey (30 schools???) should definitely be out of the formulation. Soccer (M-215 schools/ W-267 schools) absolutely should be in.

Comment

• Comment

Is what it is when it comes to these type of things.

Take IUP for example. Lot of sports, yes. Let's just say it's not equal distribution of funds and priorities inside the athletic department.

The baseball program at IUP might as well be in Siberia. All the money goes in to three sports. The rest just kind of survive with what they get. Some, like women's volleyball and women's tennis, even thrive despite the 'second tier' status they unofficially receive.

Check out the coaches' salaries and offices. Joe Lombardi has a presidential suite. Soccer has a broom closet.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post
                  18 years? You do know about half of the current GMAC schools competed in 16 of those 18 years in the GLIAC??
                  Pulled the information off the GLIAC web site under accomplishments. Don't like the numbers...take it up with them.

Comment

In my opinion, the director's cup should only count.

Football/Volleyball
                    Cross Country/Cross Country
                    Basketball/Basketball
                    Baseball/Softball
                    Track&Field/Track&Field

Something like that. The same T&F team can score director's cup points for both indoor and outdoor.
                    I don't disagree...but it is a hard nut to crack. Any time you have people trying to assign value/importance to things that are widely disparate you are going to have people that raise legitimate concerns. For example, I would probably take cross country off your list and include men's and women's golf.

These yearly rankings are basically designed to give people something to talk about. Guess it worked!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      Is what it is when it comes to these type of things.

Take IUP for example. Lot of sports, yes. Let's just say it's not equal distribution of funds and priorities inside the athletic department.

The baseball program at IUP might as well be in Siberia. All the money goes in to three sports. The rest just kind of survive with what they get. Some, like women's volleyball and women's tennis, even thrive despite the 'second tier' status they unofficially receive.

Check out the coaches' salaries and offices. Joe Lombardi has a presidential suite. Soccer has a broom closet.
                      It's funny you say your baseball program is 'in Siberia.' Do they still play at the field that's up on a hill? When I was in school I went to a few SRU away series each year to check out some other school's parks (I'm a big college baseball fan). One of the series was at IUP. That doubleheader remains, to this day, one of the coldest and windiest days I have ever spent at a college baseball game haha.

Comment

Yes. They opened the new field (guessing) around 2000 or 2001. It's nice but off the beaten path a bit.

Comment

I don't disagree...but it is a hard nut to crack. Any time you have people trying to assign value/importance to things that are widely disparate you are going to have people that raise legitimate concerns. For example, I would probably take cross country off your list and include men's and women's golf.

These yearly rankings are basically designed to give people something to talk about. Guess it worked!
                          When is golf played?

Comment

When is golf played?
                            IINM, most conference tournaments, NCAA super-regional qualifiers and Nationals are during the spring season; a couple of conferences, such as the PSAC, hold their golf tournaments in the fall.
                            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                              IINM, most conference tournaments, NCAA super-regional qualifiers and Nationals are during the spring season; a couple of conferences, such as the PSAC, hold their golf tournaments in the fall.
                              CC is a top 3 sport in terms of school participation, both men's and women's. Golf is more in the 5-7 range. And you forgot the second most played women's sport just behind WBB....VOLLEYBALL.

Comment

That could be. But I also have an issue with the point allocation among the various sports. For example, there are 10 teams in the nation that play DII Field Hockey. The winner of Field Hockey gets 100 points in the standings...Just like the #1 Football team. The #5 Field Hockey team gets 25 points...just like the TWELVE #17 rated Football teams!! Don't worry though, Alaska Fairbanks did pick up 112 points for finishing #6 and 12 in Riffle and Skiing (I'm assuming that is snow skiing??)!!:bulgy-eyes:
                                Great example. :loser:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X