Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MEC FALL PLANS

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

    My understanding is that the MEC is planning on playing its cancled games in the spring. That would be 3 to 4 games. If I were them, I'd do three conf games and then a "conf championship week" were 1 plays 2, 3 plays 4, 5 plays 6, and so on.

    As for how they can do it after a 3-4 mo layoff, don't think it would be that hard. Just have whatever the NCAA allows as "preseason camp" and launch into games every 2 weeks. Depends on how, or even if, the NCAA decides to do any sort of playoffs as to when the spring schedule starts and finishes.
    Little birdies told me well play 5 games. Plus one “championship” game in the spring. This way seniors don’t lose eligibility.

    Comment


    • #32
      Anybody hearing anything at all?

      Comment


      • #33
        and specifically....any word regarding a Spring season?

        Comment


        • #34
          The conference website hasn't had a single story or update about anything since Oct 9. So, if someone has second hand info, please share.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Stea1th View Post
            The conference website hasn't had a single story or update about anything since Oct 9. So, if someone has second hand info, please share.
            The plan from what i heard will be 5+1 starting around February. The conference will be split between a north and south. play 5 games and the corresponding ranks play each other.
            North #1 plays South #1 etc.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post

              The plan from what i heard will be 5+1 starting around February. The conference will be split between a north and south. play 5 games and the corresponding ranks play each other.
              North #1 plays South #1 etc.
              Thanks for sharing. That’s good to hear.

              I’m starting to think that COVID forced the conference office to furlough folks or something. They were putting out stories and updates every 2 or 3 days through Oct 9, and then they just stopped. There has been nothing at all for a month now.

              Comment


              • #37
                MEC announced a 5 game plus Champ game come sing Mar 18. Two divisions (N/S? E/W?) With the Division Champions meeting in the Championship Game.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                  MEC announced a 5 game plus Champ game come sing Mar 18. Two divisions (N/S? E/W?) With the Division Champions meeting in the Championship Game.
                  North & South

                  North:
                  Frostburg
                  AB
                  Notre Dame
                  West Liberty
                  Wheeling
                  Fairmont

                  South:
                  UNC Pembroke
                  Charleston
                  Concord
                  WV State
                  Glenville
                  WV Wesleyan

                  Schedules for Frostburg is on its website

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Let the season begin!!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post

                      North & South

                      North:
                      Frostburg
                      AB
                      Notre Dame
                      West Liberty
                      Wheeling
                      Fairmont

                      South:
                      UNC Pembroke
                      Charleston
                      Concord
                      WV State
                      Glenville
                      WV Wesleyan

                      Schedules for Frostburg is on its website
                      Only 5 games. Oh well, I'll gladly take what we can get in this crazy Covid-19 era and hope AB is able to scratch out at least one win.
                      Go Battlers!

                      Comment

                      Ad3

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X