Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Millersville Football...back to the stone ages?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Millersville Football...back to the stone ages?

Originally posted by QBWR View Post
    This was covered in a number of previous posts. I get the whole CBA/hiring process thing. Knowing that process, terminating ( ok, ok..."reassigning" and no, it wasn't Breitbach's choice, as I was told by an extremely reliable source recently) the HC deep into the spring was foolish and very shortsighted. Then blowing out the remainder of the staff in May. You mean to tell me that a smart/experienced, knowledgeable AD would do that? Forget the coach /staff. What has this done to the morale of the team? A coaching change is one thing. Leaving 100 players dangling to 2 months is absurd. Yes, that all falls on the AD's head. You're also going to tell me that the AD had no thought of making a coaching change until February? Again, with info I now have heard, since it wasn't Breitbach's decision, that means the AD knew a change was coming. This why I asked aloud, why didn't he start a search back in November? Have your new HC ( and even some staff maybe) in place for Spring ball. July 6th: a HC, OC DC and special teams coach. No line/position coaches on board...camp a few weeks away....you're kidding me, right?
    What if he was reassigned for non-football reasons?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      What if he was reassigned for non-football reasons?
      "Non football reasons"? seriously??? what are you suggesting? ...plain and simple The AD dropped (no pun intended) the ball. Gallagher waited wayyyyyy too long. That's inexperience and poor decision making. So much for celebrating the youngest AD in the US or whatever story they're spinning. He "reassigned" Breitbach in Feb ( in other words, "do nothing but we're making you come to work everyday until your contract expires"). And again, I must reiterate...not complaining about the process per se, was it a good or bad move? etc... I'm annoyed with and question the poor timing of the AD's decision. Look at the candidates who were there...Folmar, Fitzgerald..2 heavy hitters...and they both said "ehhhh no thanks". Where would they be if Morgan wasn't available? Why did the AD take such a gamble by doing this process so late? I keep saying it...the players....they're the ones who got the wood put to them. I don't believe there is any secret or hidden reason.
      The AD isn't a coach, hes a business manager. He's running the most lucrative arm of the business at any college...Athletics. Trust me, in the real business world, a stunt like that and he'd still be working for the State of Pa, except it would be the unemployment division..!!

Comment

To me moving him for a non football reason is the only thing that makes sense to make that move.

Comment

To me moving him for a non football reason is the only thing that makes sense to make that move.
          nothing more than politics by a neophyte Athletic Director, intent on flexing his limited muscle.
          There was no reason, neither football or non-football. The press release never stated they were moving him for a non-football related reason. It doesn't read that he made the choice to be moved either.
          Feb 28th press release:
          "After serving as the head coach of the Millersville University football program for the past five years, Greg Breitbach has accepted a new role on campus supporting the university and its athletics department. Director of Athletics Miles Gallagher has appointed...."
          You make it sound like something horrendous happened and they had to move him. What possible non-football reasons could there be, that would have him removed as a coach, but allow him to remain employed there?
          The answer...none....Gallagher had to cover his tracks. He jerked the coaching staff and as a result, the players as well, around. We're now back to him being a know-nothing, inexperienced, shoot-from-the-hip AD
          I rest my case

Comment

nothing more than politics by a neophyte Athletic Director, intent on flexing his limited muscle.
            There was no reason, neither football or non-football. The press release never stated they were moving him for a non-football related reason. It doesn't read that he made the choice to be moved either.
            Feb 28th press release:
            "After serving as the head coach of the Millersville University football program for the past five years, Greg Breitbach has accepted a new role on campus supporting the university and its athletics department. Director of Athletics Miles Gallagher has appointed...."
            You make it sound like something horrendous happened and they had to move him. What possible non-football reasons could there be, that would have him removed as a coach, but allow him to remain employed there?
            The answer...none....Gallagher had to cover his tracks. He jerked the coaching staff and as a result, the players as well, around. We're now back to him being a know-nothing, inexperienced, shoot-from-the-hip AD
            I rest my case
            The whole point of moves like this are so the university can fire someone, but doesn't want the reason to be made public or go through a nasty lawsuit. they are very common in academics, and unless you are an insider at the university, you probably will never know why for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
              The whole point of moves like this are so the university can fire someone, but doesn't want the reason to be made public or go through a nasty lawsuit. they are very common in academics, and unless you are an insider at the university, you probably will never know why for sure.
              That's what I'm going for. Friends call it FUMU. We're going to move you into a different job in hopes that you leave.

Comment

Beauty of D2 and these small towns. No media pressure. They can just makes news items vanish.

Quite a few come to mind.

Comment

"Non football reasons"? seriously??? what are you suggesting? ...plain and simple The AD dropped (no pun intended) the ball. Gallagher waited wayyyyyy too long. That's inexperience and poor decision making. So much for celebrating the youngest AD in the US or whatever story they're spinning. He "reassigned" Breitbach in Feb ( in other words, "do nothing but we're making you come to work everyday until your contract expires"). And again, I must reiterate...not complaining about the process per se, was it a good or bad move? etc... I'm annoyed with and question the poor timing of the AD's decision. Look at the candidates who were there...Folmar, Fitzgerald..2 heavy hitters...and they both said "ehhhh no thanks". Where would they be if Morgan wasn't available? Why did the AD take such a gamble by doing this process so late? I keep saying it...the players....they're the ones who got the wood put to them. I don't believe there is any secret or hidden reason.
                  The AD isn't a coach, hes a business manager. He's running the most lucrative arm of the business at any college...Athletics. Trust me, in the real business world, a stunt like that and he'd still be working for the State of Pa, except it would be the unemployment division..!!
                  It could have been for health reasons, unless you know, lets not ASSUME.

Comment

His health must have cured pretty quickly being he just took a new job.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      That's what makes me think it wasn't health. Could have been an interpersonal thing with the AD, a first time bad decision, or sometimes supervisors don't take it too kindly when you apply for other jobs. I was once given a great opportunity in another state, huge promotion on a bigger scale and almost double my salary at the time. Needless to say my boss didn't like the idea of that and basically told me "well you better hope that you get it."

I actually think its a better opportunity for him. Nothing against Millersville at all. But while he'll probably make less money that's a great football conference and its close to home for him. He also previously coached there so he's familiar with the school, the culture, and the area. Plus his fundraising requirements are going to be limited to basically showing up at events. No more hustling to make a living.

Comment

• Comment

Any word on them updating the helmets? That Ville logo is so bland - and almost offensive when they have such a great established logo with the M using the sword.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            In case anyone didn't see that when it happened ... https://www.wausaudailyherald.com/st...ach/751290002/

Found it amusing that the story made no mention of the results of his stay in Lancaster County.

Comment

https://fox43.com/2018/08/30/new-and...le-university/

Also a good crowd last night. You can pack the stands for a perennial loser if you make the game more accessible.

Comment

https://fox43.com/2018/08/30/new-and...le-university/

Also a good crowd last night. You can pack the stands for a perennial loser if you make the game more accessible.

I was just about to protest the "perennial loser" tag, then I checked their records over the past decade. I hadn't quite realized it was THAT bleak.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X