Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IUP 2018

Taking a closer look at Gannon prior to this weekend, ...

* West Chester was really the only team that bullied them (31-7). Jones was held to just 66 yards on 20 carries.

* Their four other losses are by 26 points combined

* Jones' last two games: 268 yards against Seton Hill and 281 against Cal
    -- 66 carries in the past two games so they are riding him heavy -- no coincidence they've won both. Since Keefe went down they aren't throwing with much success

* That's a heavy workload back to back.

* Last year Jones went for 92 yards on 20 carries against IUP ... almost all coming in the second half after the game was well over (IUP jumped out to a 35-0 lead)

* Even with IUP's suspect secondary they'll have to sellout on Jones (like last year) and see what happens when GU does try and throw. IUP hit him very quickly last year. If he gains speed, as Cal found out, defenders are going for a ride.

Comment

There is about 7 IUP players that I'd love to get rid of. A couple their skill set stinks and the others purely on effort level/blaming other for their mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
        There is about 7 IUP players that I'd love to get rid of. A couple their skill set stinks and the others purely on effort level/blaming other for their mistakes.
        Maybe blaming others is their skill set.

Comment

In case you missed the IG today, ...

Ballega was injured during warm-ups this past Saturday prior to the game. That's kind of a new one. Status for this week TBA.

Temple aggravated his quad -- sounds like during practice.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            In case you missed the IG today, ...

Ballega was injured during warm-ups this past Saturday prior to the game. That's kind of a new one. Status for this week TBA.

Temple aggravated his quad -- sounds like during practice.
            JMH was healthy but did not even make the trip ....for what that's worth.... jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
              JMH was healthy but did not even make the trip ....for what that's worth.... jus sayin
              Helps explain why kickoff coverage stunk.

Comment

So...IUP and Valdosta State are the only two schools in D2 to be currently ranked in the Top 25 in Foosball, and both men's and women's basketball.

Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                  So...IUP and Valdosta State are the only two schools in D2 to be currently ranked in the Top 25 in Foosball, and both men's and women's basketball.

Just sayin.
                  IUP men's and women's hoops both in Top 8 in national poll.

Comment

Didn't really need Tort's comments in the Gazette today. Just Sayin'

It is what it is at this point.
                    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-06-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Because you disagree with him, or what?

Comment

I read it as kind of whiney to be honest.

It's like Homer saying Cal is the best 4-loss team in the world.

Fact is they lost to what is a slightly above average Cal team and couldn't close SRU out.

That's the breaks. You are what your record says you are ...

I'm not saying I disagree with him about Fairmont State but ... you can't go back in time.

This was a hard team to have much sympathy for, I guess.

Comment

He should stand up for his team. But it's almost comical that he went after Fairmont, even though their opponents are 43-54 which is still better than IUP's at 40-59, but never uttered Ohio Dominican whose opponents are 48-48. Perhaps because they also spoil his common opponents argument - California.

I haven't heard any coach say he loves the ranking system, but how many of them get involved to craft the criteria?

Also, I think Shepherd is 10 and Fairmont is 11, but Fairmont moved ahead due to their head to head.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                              He should stand up for his team. But it's almost comical that he went after Fairmont, even though their opponents are 43-54 which is still better than IUP's at 40-59, but never uttered Ohio Dominican whose opponents are 48-48. Perhaps because they also spoil his common opponents argument - California.

I haven't heard any coach say he loves the ranking system, but how many of them get involved to craft the criteria?

Also, I think Shepherd is 10 and Fairmont is 11, but Fairmont moved ahead due to their head to head.

Never know ... maybe Boat's Hilltoppers will knock them (FSU) off Thursday night. The chain of events would have to start somewhere, I suppose.

Comment

The Mountain East has 11 teams, so you have 10 games and that means everyone is going to have a .500 strength of schedule.
                                That's only true if every team doesn't play on their conference bye week.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X