Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IUP at Ashland Game Thread

Don't think they need the dough. Big time program and facility. Hope IUP AD and Brass was there to see what REAL facilities look like.....just sayin

Comment

I will disagree with u on there trigger, was under heavy pressure all nite he saved them as far as what I saw. Will be real good when rust is off.

Comment

Originally posted by casey1017 View Post
        Saw the game in person tonight. Two good teams. Nice win for IUP. QB is impressive. Special teams needs improvement for both squads. Great game on a beautiful evening.
        Yes great atmosphere 2 solid top 10 programs. Lenny is a WINNER plain and simple, 31-4 for a reason. Regarding personal new defensive backs are strong, I think they will be better then last year. #2 Coleman all conference type talent, #9 Jones solid tackler. Both corners strong, Stevens best in region. Other concern was WR, not what I saw love the group WAY better then last year, Rogers solid could have monster year. McNeil just a solid football player. 8, 34 and 82 just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
          Yes great atmosphere 2 solid top 10 programs. Lenny is a WINNER plain and simple, 31-4 for a reason. Regarding personal new defensive backs are strong, I think they will be better then last year. #2 Coleman all conference type talent, #9 Jones solid tackler. Both corners strong, Stevens best in region. Other concern was WR, not what I saw love the group WAY better then last year, Rogers solid could have monster year. McNeil just a solid football player. 8, 34 and 82 just fine.
          Defense line pre season concern did ok. D Ends are special if they stay healthy look out. Like 93 Shockley solid player and young. Clean up kicking game for sure. Like return game 83 will break a few.....on to first Thursday nite home game in Tort era! Great road win for sure..

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
            I will disagree with u on there trigger, was under heavy pressure all nite he saved them as far as what I saw. Will be real good when rust is off.

Comment

I wasn't impressed with QB. Perhaps I wasn't impressed with their use of him. He had a gun but they didn't let him use it much in play calling. I got the vibe IUP wasn't real fearful of them throwing.

Despite the dramatic ending ... it shouldn't have been. That was a classic case of letting a team hang around too long. Those missed FGs were costly. The third one, which finally got off, seemed like Sarka was rattled and just pooched it.

I didn't think that was a fake punt. Recall No. 4 had his helmet come off and went out. The backup QB came in and busted that long run.

Big win. You go on the road to that type of place and beat a big GLIAC team ... impressive.

I'd love to see the replay of that mad scramble play when they got that late first down. He had to be close to the line if scrimmage when he threw it.

That was a pretty testy game. Not sure what all you could see on thr feed but they went after each other.

Rodgers is a beast in person. He's a built WR. He stands out.

Knock those bubbles all you (Homer) want ... they work.

I haven't looked at the box yet but they had a lot if people contribute. Ashland had Lenny dead in the water several times. He just finds a way to escape.

Only play I hated all night was that stupid personal foul on a kickoff IUP put in the endzone for a touchback.

Comment

Not to be overlooked ... that was Ashland's first home loss since 2013. That's a real long time.

Comment

Experience D-line went up against mostly Freshmen, slow your role just a little. 5 sacks is expected against Freshmen offensive line.

Comment

One thought hit me down the stretch. If that WAS a fake punt, how do you not stuff it? I mean, that had to be the most obvious thing in the world. Ashland could in no way afford to give up the football at that point.

Ricky Rodgers ... that's one nasty D-II wideout.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      I wasn't impressed with QB. Perhaps I wasn't impressed with their use of him. He had a gun but they didn't let him use it much in play calling. I got the vibe IUP wasn't real fearful of them throwing.

Despite the dramatic ending ... it shouldn't have been. That was a classic case of letting a team hang around too long. Those missed FGs were costly. The third one, which finally got off, seemed like Sarka was rattled and just pooched it.

I didn't think that was a fake punt. Recall No. 4 had his helmet come off and went out. The backup QB came in and busted that long run.

Big win. You go on the road to that type of place and beat a big GLIAC team ... impressive.

I'd love to see the replay of that mad scramble play when they got that late first down. He had to be close to the line if scrimmage when he threw it.

That was a pretty testy game. Not sure what all you could see on thr feed but they went after each other.

Rodgers is a beast in person. He's a built WR. He stands out.

Knock those bubbles all you (Homer) want ... they work.

I haven't looked at the box yet but they had a lot if people contribute. Ashland had Lenny dead in the water several times. He just finds a way to escape.

Only play I hated all night was that stupid personal foul on a kickoff IUP put in the endzone for a touchback.
                      - On the fake punt ...... in the post game recap on the Ashland site, they said Austin Brenner who ran the ball on the fake punt is a QB and punter and that he ran the ball out of their short punt formation that they were using all night ...... so it was considered a fake punt by the Ashland people...... IUP was not ready for it.

Comment

In person it's just another play as he's literally in the normal shotgun.

I still cannot comprehend Ashland not going for two on its last TD. Baffling.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          Not to be overlooked ... that was Ashland's first home loss since 2013. That's a real long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post
                            Experience D-line went up against mostly Freshmen, slow your role just a little. 5 sacks is expected against Freshmen offensive line.

Comment

Yeah, I believe this is either regular season games, or home openers.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                                Yeah, I believe this is either regular season games, or home openers.

Regular season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X