Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: PSU at PITT

Its really sad PSU finds Pitt as a useless team that needs them more then they need them for a rivalry game lol PSU only cares about OSU and Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
      Its really sad PSU finds Pitt as a useless team that needs them more then they need them for a rivalry game lol PSU only cares about OSU and Michigan
      Michigan is washed up ... 9-9 in last 18 games.

Harbaugh's walk down The Green Mile has begun.

Comment

That may be true from the PSU view ... which will make Pitt winning all the better.

"Just like beating Albany" ... can already hear The Duz in the after-game press conference.

Comment

True, but it just makes sending those smug a-holes home with their tails between their legs all the sweeter after Pitt wins.

Comment

Why it just doesn't matter so much anymore.

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefo...ball_2018.html

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
              True, but it just makes sending those smug a-holes home with their tails between their legs all the sweeter after Pitt wins.
              PITT is that hot chick that used to be hot in HS but now at the 10 year reunion nobody will give her a look. WV and PSU are onto greener pastures while Pitt and its non existent fan base are left alone to bask in the past glories

Comment

PITT is that hot chick that used to be hot in HS but now at the 10 year reunion nobody will give her a look. WV and PSU are onto greener pastures while Pitt and its non existent fan base are left alone to bask in the past glories

Comment

lmaaaaao

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

If PennLive said it ... it must be true. LOL.

Comment

Amazing how quick the Joebots forget how close snake oil James was to being run out of Creepy Valley just two years ago.

Did the blocked FG against Ohio State save his job? Likely. Best part of that moment: Beaver Stadium was half empty when it happened. The loyal blue and white fans had already given up on their beloved Nittany Lions.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Wow, great article. Thanks for sharing it. The landscape has definitely changed in big time college football. It's still a rivalry game, but stronger between the fans than the players it would seem. The comparison of the two teams' 2016 season was interesting. At any rate, let's hope for an entertaining game on Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          If PennLive said it ... it must be true. LOL.
                          Heh, you're not going to see me defending PennLive. Still, Dave Jones is one of this state's best columnists.

Bottom line: If you're 50 or older, this game means something more than the normal matchup. If you're under 50, it means about as much as a matchup with New Mexico State.

Comment

My two cents:

To an extent, I agree. It's much bigger for the Pitt fans -- on the surface anyway. PSU fans think they are Alabama, which, obviously they are not.

Yes, Beaver Stadium will draw 105,000 for Appalachian State. But, they didn't have another 100,000 outside of it, too.

I've been to Creepy Valley for probably 30 games. I never saw it like the Pitt game last year. It took almost 3 hours to get from Altoona to the parking lot. That was insane. Anybody who says Purdue gets the same atmosphere is delusional.

Read all you want about Miles Sanders calling it another game. Total b.s. They are just robots programmed to talk by their coach. They know it's a big one. They also lost in Heinz 24 months ago.

Speaking of Sanders ... anybody see the cover of SI ? You know what that means, right?

Two years ago Pitt cost PSU a shot at the Final Four. Pitt beat Clemson in Death Valley. Last year Pitt knocked down an undefeated Miami in November. I can't wait to see Heinz tomorrow night. I'm anticipating seeing the best atmosphere there ever. Night game ... national tv ... wow.

The Duz can't get them up at all against teams they should beat. He could play North Carolina 20 times and go 1-19. But, he has a knack for the big stage. You gotta give him that much. That is something many of his predecessors lacked.

Not sure if anybody noticed the line came way down on this game.

The other fun fact: WHEN Pitt wins ... that will be 2 out of 3 from the 'almighty' program.

#H2P

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              My two cents:

To an extent, I agree. It's much bigger for the Pitt fans -- on the surface anyway. PSU fans think they are Alabama, which, obviously they are not.

Yes, Beaver Stadium will draw 105,000 for Appalachian State. But, they didn't have another 100,000 outside of it, too.

I've been to Creepy Valley for probably 30 games. I never saw it like the Pitt game last year. It took almost 3 hours to get from Altoona to the parking lot. That was insane. Anybody who says Purdue gets the same atmosphere is delusional.

Read all you want about Miles Sanders calling it another game. Total b.s. They are just robots programmed to talk by their coach. They know it's a big one. They also lost in Heinz 24 months ago.

Speaking of Sanders ... anybody see the cover of SI ? You know what that means, right?

Two years ago Pitt cost PSU a shot at the Final Four. Pitt beat Clemson in Death Valley. Last year Pitt knocked down an undefeated Miami in November. I can't wait to see Heinz tomorrow night. I'm anticipating seeing the best atmosphere there ever. Night game ... national tv ... wow.

The Duz can't get them up at all against teams they should beat. He could play North Carolina 20 times and go 1-19. But, he has a knack for the big stage. You gotta give him that much. That is something many of his predecessors lacked.

Not sure if anybody noticed the line came way down on this game.

The other fun fact: WHEN Pitt wins ... that will be 2 out of 3 from the 'almighty' program.

#H2P
                              Pitt has fans? The stadium is empty for 90% if their season

Comment

Pitt has fans? The stadium is empty for 90% if their season
                                Tomorrow is the the 10 percent part of your sentence. I wonder about you Cal types. lol.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X