Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mercyhurst at IUP

Mercyhurst will be a threat to anybody who has to play them.

I can see some of the frustration from their offense. It should be better. They have a giant OL, a big-time WR, etc.

They missed a FG yesterday and had another one blocked. Both were huge momentum killers.

Then add to it they gave up a 40-some yard fake punt. Special teams were not their friend yesterday.

Comment

Speaking of that fake punt ... how about IUP punter Nico Ruiz dropping the shoulder at the end of his long run. You don't see many punters do that.

What was up with the amount of helmets flying off yesterday? Must have happened 8 times.

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post
        I kinda figured they would struggle to put up 10 or more points but Hurst is actually a little better than what I expected but man are their uniforms ugly....whats up with those things. Also, I really like #3, he's a legit WR, where did he come from?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Speaking of that fake punt ... how about IUP punter Nico Ruiz dropping the shoulder at the end of his long run. You don't see many punters do that.

What was up with the amount of helmets flying off yesterday? Must have happened 8 times.

Comment

Anybody find Tony33 yet?

I'll go check the stadium here soon on my run. He may still be there.

Comment

Niko has some jets. He was flying.

That's now yet another item for teams to have to prepare.

Comment

The fake was called in from the sideline.
                http://www.indianagazette.com
                www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Originally posted by CUlater View Post
                  I think this is the week IUP has a let down....Hurst gets the win 10-9
                  Should of stuck with your first prediction big boy. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
                    He was referring to Niko dropping the shoulder instead of just heading out of bounds (not the actual fake).

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
                      I meant for lowering the shoulder and not stepping out of bounds. It was obvious that they saw something on film that they could exploit because as soon as he got the ball (good scoop by the way) he was off to the races.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The timing of that successful fake was huge.

Mercy had just made it 14-7 and JoJo had just got hurt. Momentum was swaying. Huge play.

Play of the game, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          He was referring to Niko dropping the shoulder instead of just heading out of bounds (not the actual fake).
                          Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                          I meant for lowering the shoulder and not stepping out of bounds. It was obvious that they saw something on film that they could exploit because as soon as he got the ball (good scoop by the way) he was off to the races.
                          My bad. That'll teach me to read carefully :foot-in-mouth:
                          http://www.indianagazette.com
                          www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
                            I think anytime teams put 2 men deep to catch punts that the fake is a good possibility given field position and a reasonable distance to make ... noticed that they didn't do that again the rest of the game. jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post
                              That IUP412 I can't argue with. Until Saturday night. I will be on the board, please don't let the crickets chirp when you lose.

.... chirp, chirp, chirp

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                What do they call his punting style? Rugby style? That would seem to favor a fake punt since the punter actually runs with the ball a brief time before punting it as opposed to the traditional method where you catch the ball and immediately drop it to your foot.

It was an awesome run. He didn't run like a common punter.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X