• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercyhurst at IUP

Here's the Lou Holtz spin:

* The Lakers are 1-2

* Combined, they have lost by 9 points

* Their two defeats came to a Hillsdale team (14-9) that just socked Ohio Dominican and to an undefeated Tiffin (24-20).

* Lakers' D is giving up just 16 ppg (granted, to coincide with a -- thus far -- dormant offense).

* Significant step up in talent level from the past two weeks

-------

The recent (5-year) series:

* IUP has won all five contests by an average score of 34 to 11

Re: Mercyhurst at IUP

That five-year average sounds just about right for the 2018 edition.

Comment

Comment

My concern wouldn't be with the defense, because they have a good one. If the offense can get anything near 21 points, I believe Mercyhurst University can win. However; it all comes down to the Offensive coaches and play calling. I'm looking forward to my first visit to IUP.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post
          My concern wouldn't be with the defense, because they have a good one. If the offense can get anything near 21 points, I believe Mercyhurst University can win. However; it all comes down to the Offensive coaches and play calling. I'm looking forward to my first visit to IUP.
          To win they better get more near 35 than 21. You have to score a lot to beat IUP. Get down early and it will be doom as you'll be forced to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            To win they better get more near 35 than 21. You have to score a lot to beat IUP. Get down early and it will be doom as you'll be forced to pass.
            Once again, my concern is not the defense. If Mercyhurst can put up 21, I believe they will win the game.

Comment

Once again, my concern is not the defense. If Mercyhurst can put up 21, I believe they will win the game.
              If you believe Mercyhurst can win with 21 points against IUP, you either haven't been paying attention or are just overcome with affinity bias. My only caveat is that there are no unforeseen injuries that would dramatically impact the game.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                If you believe Mercyhurst can win with 21 points against IUP, you either haven't been paying attention or are just overcome with affinity bias. My only caveat is that there are no unforeseen injuries that would dramatically impact the game.
                So what you are saying is IUP puts up 34 points every game no matter what defense they face?

Comment

IUP puts up at least 30 and wins by double digits.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                    IUP puts up at least 30 and wins by double digits.
                    I see you still cashing them bad checks. It also could be IUP puts up 14 and Hurst scores 17. But that would go 1 point over your total score.

Comment

Mercyhurst for the love of God make IUP one dimensional and force the best Qb in the PSAC to beat you not their 47839573 running backs and the occasional bomb to Rogers.

Comment

Comment

I see you still cashing them bad checks. It also could be IUP puts up 14 and Hurst scores 17. But that would go 1 point over your total score.
                          Don't be a stranger on the board Saturday night. We'll revisit this conversation then.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                            Don't be a stranger on the board Saturday night. We'll revisit this conversation then.
                            I'm really looking forward to watching this game. Hurst really should be 3-0, if the offense comes to life and get there legs under them (hopefully Saturday) we will have much to talk about. You guys are the team to beat and rightfully so, I'm just hoping Hurst come to play and not just come to hang close.

Comment

If we do win, please don't start off saying they were looking ahead to the next game and give Hurst their proper respect.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X