Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gameday Thread 9-29

Yup.

Homer has more reason to crow today than either of us.

I can live with that. How's it sitting with you and your crew?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Says a lot about your program.
      Cals Program just proves to be better than IUP

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
        Yup.

Homer has more reason to crow today than either of us.

I can live with that. How's it sitting with you and your crew?
        I'm sure many are on suicide watch.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          I'm sure many are on suicide watch.

Comment

3 plays from being undefeated. What a comment.

Maybe you should petition an asterisk from the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
              Until some PSAC team can prove otherwise, they ARE a middle of the road conference and there is no good reason to consider them otherwise. I don't know why (maybe '17 carry-over) IUP was ranked as high as they were. Other than ASHLAND they hadn't played anyone and after CALU and SRU they play another 4 walkovers. Top 10-20 perhaps but no more. Yesterday's game exposed a number of weaknesses that don't bode well in the post season. Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if the first PSAC team to win it all in the near future turns out to be the one school that isn't in PA.

Comment

Is this what qualifies as hooting and hollering?
                [QUOTE]Just in case you were wondering...

Cal took down the NCAA D2

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                  I might be wrong about this, but isn't IUP losing last night the worst possible scenario for the PSAC. Forget who you root for, if you're a fan of the conference, isn't last night incredibly detrimental to a lot? I think it is.

Not that this means anything, but the typical "Top 5 PSAC team loses to unranked PSAC team," so they'll fall to 20 in the polls. IUP will be labeled as overrated nationally. The conference will again be viewed as weak nationally. And the narrative goes back to what it was before.

IF IUP was the conference's "best shot," that loss last night wasn't good, especially considering that the region appears wide open again in 2018. If IUP gets there, you won't see a home field throughout scenario like you did last year. They needed to be unbeaten. And if they were the conference's best shot, the conference needed them to be unbeaten too. It's back to the old narrative again.
                  They don't award playoff berths just for being a conference's "best shot" to win a national title...

Comment

Arguably, IUP's losing is good for the conference, but only if a PSAC team goes far in the playoffs. If IUP goes on and makes the championship game and is competitive there, the loss shows that the PSAC wasn't just IUP and a ton of scrubs. Same for Cal because of the Kutztown loss. The polls are meaningless for the national consciousness; to get respect, a PSAC team is going to have to make the semifinals and win.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                      They don't award playoff berths just for being a conference's "best shot" to win a national title...
                      Not at all what I said or implied. Read my post below before you respond.
                      Last edited by IUP24; 10-01-2018, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                        Arguably, IUP's losing is good for the conference, but only if a PSAC team goes far in the playoffs. If IUP goes on and makes the championship game and is competitive there, the loss shows that the PSAC wasn't just IUP and a ton of scrubs. Same for Cal because of the Kutztown loss. The polls are meaningless for the national consciousness; to get respect, a PSAC team is going to have to make the semifinals and win.
                        Right.

My point is solely that the loss now, again, creates the narrative that the PSAC is an average conference in a weak region. If you look at the national chatter on the other threads. People aren't talking about "what a great upset Cal just scored." They are saying, "There we go. Another overrated PSAC team losing to an average school in their conference." If it was West Chester ranked 2 in the country I would say the same thing. I feel it's critical for a PSAC team to be unbeaten entering the playoffs because I believe that if they happen to win the region that's the only shot they have of hosting a semifinal game. Now we saw last year with IUP and Cal in the past that a home game doesn't guarantee anything, but you hopefully see my point. If IUP, Kutztown, and WCU become the PSAC's three playoff teams and all have a loss at season's end, I find it hard to believe any would host a final four game if they got to that point.

I root for IUP and I root for the conference. I want Kutztown and WCU to keep winning because that's good for the league. Having teams climb high in the polls and then lose to unranked opponents doesn't help the reputation of the league. You can argue that it might show the league is balanced, we will all probably say that here, but I just don't believe that's how the rest of the country views it. I just want a PSAC team to win that semifinal game. And I believe that a team from the conference being unbeaten which will likely guarantee a home game is the best way for that to happen. If IUP isn't the conference's "best shot" and WCU is, then I hope they don't get upset by anybody along the way.

Comment

Not at all what I said or implied. Read my post below before you respond.
                          I never said you said that...

Comment

My point is solely that the loss now, again, creates the narrative that the PSAC is an average conference in a weak region. If you look at the national chatter on the other threads. People aren't talking about "what a great upset Cal just scored." They are saying, "There we go. Another overrated PSAC team losing to an average school in their conference."
                            I wouldn't worry about what people say on other threads. That's as meaningless as the national polls you discredit.

First of all, I would say that having a degree of competitive balance is better for the conference than if it has one dominant team. Cal is a formidable team. They have respect "nationally." SRU has respect nationally. In the east, WCU is gaining respect. Kutztown is interesting now. That's the PSAC, I don't lose any sleep over this other stuff.

Comment

Right.

My point is solely that the loss now, again, creates the narrative that the PSAC is an average conference in a weak region.

The narrative? The PSAC level of competitiveness gets played out every year in late November and sometimes early December. We have a tournament where we can put on display our level of play. No hype will change those results.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X