Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SRU at IUP

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    Tyler Balega time, baby! Remember everybody freaking out about that in January? I sure do. I defended the acquisition. Most didn't.

What exactly is the status of Duane Brown? He's on the roster still, which tells me he may not be an academic casualty after all. I know the plan was to redshirt him, but if he's available, don't you think the coaches think about pulling that redshirt year?
    Brown is academically ineligible.

Comment

Temple has to show something soon.

He's not a spot carry type of guy. Getting more touches may help him. It better, anyway.

Ballega is going to see real touches soon.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Temple has to show something soon.

He's not a spot carry type of guy. Getting more touches may help him. It better, anyway.

Ballega is going to see real touches soon.
        I believe they'll put Balega into the same packages as a slot guy that they did with Evans. He's not the same player, but Balega was a big part of the passing game out of the backfield when he was in high school. He's not inept at playing the role of a receiving back.

Comment

I didn't realize what you said .... there's none left on the roster minus these three (Evans, Temple and Ballega).

One of them goes down they will be converting somebody to RB.

Comment

And Clarion's done playing D3 teams and gets blown out the next four straight weeks.
            That's exactly what will happen if they don't get their offense going!

Comment

I didn't realize what you said .... there's none left on the roster minus these three (Evans, Temple and Ballega).

On the tort show, he said 3-4 weeks for Bullock, so keep your fingers crossed. Can't imagine who they'd convert. Nico ?

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                On the tort show, he said 3-4 weeks for Bullock, so keep your fingers crossed. Can't imagine who they'd convert. Nico ?
                I'd guess a DB ... who knows. The new kick returner has some potential.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                  Told everyone an MCL wasn't life threatening. Of all the knee ligaments, if he ripped one, that's the best one to rip. A guy at another position might be back in 1-2 weeks.

Comment

This will be a good game, if the Slippery Rock team shows up that played last week, they will win.

Comment

Could Drew Harris come out of retirement? Is he still around?

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                        Could Drew Harris come out of retirement? Is he still around?
                        Doesn't he have an injury that basically says his career is over?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post
                          This will be a good game, if the Slippery Rock team shows up that played last week, they will win.
                          Didn't Tony33 learn his lesson two weeks ago??? How'd that crow taste???

Comment

I get you guys are being respectful of the rivalry but IUP should beat this team by two scores at least.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                              Didn't Tony33 learn his lesson two weeks ago??? How'd that crow taste???
                              It tasted horrible and had to add a little more after SRU game. I'm full, they have to beat Edinboro.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
                                I get you guys are being respectful of the rivalry but IUP should beat this team by two scores at least.
                                That's how I see it going down. Just a guess but IUP is going to have a pretty lively week of practice. My opinion is they got caught reading way too many rankings and praise. SRU is going to pay the price for it.

They have to really clean some things up. Kickoff coverage is a mess with continuing to make stupid penalties, etc. How many times did Cal start near midfield? Unacceptable. I get those are the LIT AF types covering kicks ... but SHUT THE F up and get off the field -- and play smart.

If the Cal game woke them up then in the long run the loss was worth it. We'll see how they react.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X