Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regional Rankings

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    RECENT history has repeated itself and IUP has lost yet again to Cal.
    I have to think this will be an odd year when the conference champ doesn't make it. Loosing 3 games within the region has to matter. Although 2 of the losses are against high ranked teams. The Gannon loss will kill any hopes.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
      RECENT history has repeated itself and IUP has lost yet again to Cal.

SCI Mon Valley lost to IUP last year.

Comment

Originally posted by VulCanDoIt View Post
        I have to think this will be an odd year when the conference champ doesn't make it. Loosing 3 games within the region has to matter. Although 2 of the losses are against high ranked teams. The Gannon loss will kill any hopes.
        Every other conference, yea, losing 3 is a death nail...PSAC, not so much.

Comment

The only regional rankings that matter are the final ones. No use getting upset now. This isn't a poll - they don't consider where you were last week when compiling this week's rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
            Someone said this about Assumption, but it also applies here..
            Win at Ashland on a Thursday Nite is better then any win Assumtion has that's for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
              Win at Ashland on a Thursday Nite is better then any win Assumtion has that's for sure...
              Problem is, Ashland also lost to Ferris, and ODU, and will have a tough time at GVSU, so they could be a 4 loss team. A rejuvenated IUP could be a hard out in the playoffs, but I really doubt IUP will get in.

Comment

I can't disagree with that. But the way that the rankings look at it - Ashland is 4-3. Assumption beat Pace and Southern Connecticut and they're both 4-3. So they are viewed as the same.

But weighted OWP looks at all of a team's opponents and their opponents. IUP's opponents are 27-36 and their weighted OWP is .483. Assumption's opponents are 25-22 and their weighted OWP is .524.

Comment

Relax. You only get a prize for being in the Final 7 of the region. It always works itself out. There's still too much missing data.
                  Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-24-2018, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Still can't believe they struggled with Hurst opening nite, geez....just sayin
                    Totally!

Comment

I'm forever confused about how they generate these rankings. Do games vs. Divsion II teams from another region (ie: IUP's win vs. Ashland and our ugly mess of a win vs. Kentucky State) count or not? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                        Problem is, Ashland also lost to Ferris, and ODU, and will have a tough time at GVSU, so they could be a 4 loss team. A rejuvenated IUP could be a hard out in the playoffs, but I really doubt IUP will get in.

Comment

They had them 4 and 7, couldn't make the stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                            I'm forever confused about how they generate these rankings. Do games vs. Divsion II teams from another region (ie: IUP's win vs. Ashland and our ugly mess of a win vs. Kentucky State) count or not? Thanks
                            IUP's game against Ashland counts as both a D2 game and a SR1 game, since Ohio (where Ashland is) borders PA (where IUP is).

Slippery Rock's game against Kentucky St is a D2 game, but not a SR1 game.

New Haven's game against FCS Bryant doesn't count in their D2 W/L record, but it counts in their D2 opponents' record when calculating OWP.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                              IUP's game against Ashland counts as both a D2 game and a SR1 game, since Ohio (where Ashland is) borders PA (where IUP is).

Slippery Rock's game against Kentucky St is a D2 game, but not a SR1 game.

New Haven's game against FCS Bryant doesn't count in their D2 W/L record, but it counts in their D2 opponents' record when calculating OWP.

Comment

I think if one of those Ohio SR1 teams played Kentucky State, it would count as an in-region game for them. But, as stated before, I'm not expert on this stuff.

Speaking of Kentucky State, they're still winless. We have another likely SOS drain the next two years in Wayne State. I'd like to see us start playing some of the better Ohio GMAC schools (Finlay, Ohio Dominican, Tiffin) in the future. But knowing our AD, we'll see Youngstown State back on the schedule before those teams.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X