Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kutztown--West Chester Game

There is indeed a legitimate argument to postpone this game until Sunday. This game should not be played in a driving rainstorm with 40--50 mph winds. Really now!

Re: Kutztown--West Chester Game

I would like to go watch a game Saturday, but I don't think I can take the weather. The PSAC should postpone all the games until Sunday, but I guess they only do that if there is lightening.

Comment

Well, in the interest of preserving game integrity, the games in the PSAC East should be moved back a day to Sunday, but even MORE IMPORTANTLY is the fact that teams are being asked to journey to away sites amidst the worst of dangerous driving conditions. There are also parents, friends, and highly loyal fans who might feel obligated in spite of all wisdom to travel in dangerous highway conditions to support those who are participating. The PSAC East games should be postponed until Sunday! There is no valid argument not to do so!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
        Well, in the interest of preserving game integrity, the games in the PSAC East should be moved back a day to Sunday, but even MORE IMPORTANTLY is the fact that teams are being asked to journey to away sites amidst the worst of dangerous driving conditions. There are also parents, friends, and highly loyal fans who might feel obligated in spite of all wisdom to travel in dangerous highway conditions to support those who are participating. The PSAC East games should be postponed until Sunday! There is no valid argument not to do so!
        You guys are funny...You are joking, right?
        Last edited by WarriorVoice; 10-26-2018, 04:49 AM.

Comment

The worst of the Nor'easter is supposed to be tonight through tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
            The worst of the Nor'easter is supposed to be tonight through tomorrow morning.
            I'm hoping weather will be the great equalizer in the Danville vs Southern Columbia game tonight, and we havce an upset.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
              You guys are funny...You are joking, right?
              That's what I say. No lightning? Splash your way through it.

Comment

The stadium has lights? Move the game to the evening if they must. The rain is not supposed to be as heavy at 7. Moving the game to Sunday would feel like overkill.

Comment

I guess that is one way of looking at it. In any case, I won't be missing the Kutztown--WCU game on Saturday, as I will be watching it on the PCN Channel in the comfort of our family room with the fireplace a blazin'. Delaying the game until the evening is indeed a viable alternative--assuming the weather improves as some of you have suggested. Will still be watching on PCN or on the computer. Have a great weekend.

Comment

Move a game because of rain? Lol.

Give the losing team a trophy afterward, too.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
                      Bluejay melts in the rain. Dude is scared to get wet. Let them play!

Comment

It probably would be hard for them to reschedule transportation for tomorrow for all the teams but pushing the games that are being played in stadiums with lights back until 7 definitely should be done to preserve the health of the players as well as the quality of the game. In a windy game that means both teams will be running the ball the majority of the game. Looks like all the hosting schools this week have lights. I think the only school without lights in the PSAC is Shippensburg smh. Hey we were the last school to switch to turf so maybe in 2-3 years they'll jump aboard with putting lights in the stadium for night games.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                          It probably would be hard for them to reschedule transportation for tomorrow for all the teams but pushing the games that are being played in stadiums with lights back until 7 definitely should be done to preserve the health of the players as well as the quality of the game. In a windy game that means both teams will be running the ball the majority of the game. Looks like all the hosting schools this week have lights. I think the only school without lights in the PSAC is Shippensburg smh. Hey we were the last school to switch to turf so maybe in 2-3 years they'll jump aboard with putting lights in the stadium for night games.
                          Play in the rain and 50 degrees or play in the dark and 30 degrees.

Show goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                            I think the only school without lights in the PSAC is Shippensburg smh. Hey we were the last school to switch to turf so maybe in 2-3 years they'll jump aboard with putting lights in the stadium for night games.
                            I know the conversation has been active for close to a decade. But I don't know when they'll pull the trigger. You're quite right; it's long overdue.

Comment

For the scheduled noon kickoff at Clarion, TWC has a forecast of 43-degrees and 10mph winds. 90% chance of rain. Hardly reason to move the game. Fletcher should have a good game if he can keep the ball from squirting out of his hands.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X