Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

That's the final. Possibly a W vs BLOOM at home next week for the RAIDERS before the have WCU, SHEP, MILL and KUTZ so likely 2-6 at that point. I'm not familiar enough with the HC situation at SHIP, but I'd probably start my HOT SEAT list right there.
    Coach Mac is the first coach in Shippensburg history to have eight successive winning seasons (the school's other eight-season streak was shared by two coaches). He has had some of the best offenses in the PSAC, coached a player who won the Harlon Hill Award, and had an offensive coordinator who went on to positions at Oklahoma State and Ohio State. This looks like a bad season, but I strongly doubt he'll be on a hot seat. This year's schedule would be tough in a good year, so it's certainly not going to be fun this season.

Comment

• Rock scores from three yards out. Rivers to Litwin. 7-0

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
        Is there a larger-than-usual gap between the haves and the have-nots? That's what it's looking like to me.
        Ha! I was just thinking the same thing. I wasn't going to say it because things change so much (i.e. ESU) but I think there is a definite gap right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Coach Mac is the first coach in Shippensburg history to have eight successive winning seasons (the school's other eight-season streak was shared by two coaches). He has had some of the best offenses in the PSAC, coached a player who won the Harlon Hill Award, and had an offensive coordinator who went on to positions at Oklahoma State and Ohio State. This looks like a bad season, but I strongly doubt he'll be on a hot seat. This year's schedule would be tough in a good year, so it's certainly not going to be fun this season.
          Yeah, Mac is safer than most in this conference, even now. They're very comfortable with him leading the program.

Comment

• Sooooo ... running the clock out with a ground game is NOT in Tort's plans.

Comment

• IUP 70 Lock Haven 14 with 11 mins left in the game.

Comment

Yeah, Mac is safer than most in this conference, even now. They're very comfortable with him leading the program.
                Didn't know the history. Guess everyone is entitled to a dud every few years. The offense wasn't actually terrible, but the D was a sieve. A couple of the TD passes were just a matter of catch the ball with not a defender in sight. MITCHELL wasn't sacked at all and was rarely hurried. He may not be everything I'd hoped for, but you can't give him and his receivers unlimited time.

Comment

• First of what will be many IUP touchdowns for Adam Houser. 77-14.

Comment

First of what will be many IUP touchdowns for Adam Houser. 77-14.
                    Torts going all Denny eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Torts going all Denny eh?
                      What should he do ... kneel every play?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

What should he do ... kneel every play?
                        I'm on the other side of the running-up-the-score debate. I hate hearing about it in high school games, even. I'm like, "How about the losing team gets better?"

That said, there's a middle ground between kneeling every play and going over the top.

Comment

• There's a reality that IUP's second and third team would smother these teams, too. It is what it is.

Other than taking a knee.

Comment

• H 2 P

Turn on the lights

Comment

• A couple of things. IUP doesn't lose a lot when their 2nd teamers come in. They are very deep. Only a handful of starters even played in the 2nd half. I don't think they were running up the score but with the whole idea of trying to get people interested in the games and attendance who wants to watch them completely shut it down?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                                A couple of things. IUP doesn't lose a lot when their 2nd teamers come in. They are very deep. Only a handful of starters even played in the 2nd half. I don't think they were running up the score but with the whole idea of trying to get people interested in the games and attendance who wants to watch them completely shut it down?
                                That's the thing ... other than taking a knee every play ... IUP's 2nd and 3rd team players would almost all start at Millersville and LH.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X