Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: Curt Cignetti on the move?

UNC football is overshadowed by the storied basketball program but has surprising standing among UNC folk. I have several professional friends who are UNC alumni and online they talk just as much about UNC football as basketball. They're also somewhat delusional to the same degree as Pitt fans. Its a mediocre program that can draw 50k to a big game and with some luck be in contention for their division but will never win a national title. Hiring a name like Mack Brown makes them feel big time. Just like when the Pirates hired Clint Hurdle. Means nothing.
    Last edited by Fightingscot82; 11-26-2018, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Isn't he like 80?

Because foosball there is like baseball at IUP.

Comment

Mack Brown was a big recruiter. I remember UNC in the 90's cheering against Florida St. However long he stays...if he can recruit and make them even respectable..whats the difference if they throw it at a young guy that they fire in 3-4 years. I dont get the go young for the future bs. the future is now...the young guys will be fired or going to a Florida St if they win anyway.

Comment

UNC, ECU, and Charlotte are off.

Some new vacancies: App State, James Madison, Akron.

I don't see him taking an FBS coordinator job.

Comment

The Temple job just came open with Geoff Collins going to Georgia Tech. As a Temple fan, Cignetti is actually one of my top choices, possibly my #2 choice. With his head coaching record at Elon and IUP and his experience as an assistant and recruiting coordinator at Alabama and NC State (and assistant prior to that at Pitt and Temple), Cignetti IMO has a very strong resume. (My top choice is former Temple assistant coach/current Baylor associate head coach Fran Brown.)

Comment

So is Lehigh. Does Folmar go for it?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                  So is Lehigh. Does Folmar go for it?
                  According to a message board friend I know from the DI-AA Any Given Saturday site and the Temple Owls Daily 247 Sports site who is a bigger Lehigh fan and follows the football program closer than I do, Folmar is one of the two favorites to get the Lehigh head coaching job.

Comment

Certainly Curt has served previously as an assistant at Temple some 25 years ago or so. He may not be a bad choice here for the Owls.

-

Comment

Curt getting a lot of buzz for the James Madison job.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        Curt getting a lot of buzz for the James Madison job.
                        I hope Curt lands a job he wants. I hate to get too far out into the speculative realm but what if one had two offers in front of oneself at the same salary. Which would one accept - JMU or Temple?

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                          I hope Curt lands a job he wants. I hate to get too far out into the speculative realm but what if one had two offers in front of oneself at the same salary. Which would one accept - JMU or Temple?
                          I'm going to give the cop-out answer - it is highly unlikely he'd receive similar salary offers for those two jobs. I think most good DI-AA jobs offer salaries in the few hundred thousand dollar range while I believe Temple was paying Geoff Collins $1.5 million annually.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                            Not sure but I thought that I heard that his one daughter is attending med school right near where he currently is at Elon. Who knows, maybe if he and his family are happy there perhaps they are willing to just stay put?

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                              Not sure but I thought that I heard that his one daughter is attending med school right near where he currently is at Elon. Who knows, maybe if he and his family are happy there perhaps they are willing to just stay put?

-
                              IF that's the case he still would probably accept the JMU job which offers better facilities, easier recruiting pitch and if he does have any aspiration of running a FBS program that would be the easier jump with success and could land him a high tier G5 job like a Houston, Temple, UCF.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

-

Yeah we said that about him staying in Indiana. He proved us wrong.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X