Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: Curt Cignetti on the move?

After giving it some thought - Curt has to be 60 years old +/- 3 years. He's a great coach but why would a program bring in someone at that age?

Comment

OT: Curt Cignetti on the move?

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      After giving it some thought - Curt has to be 60 years old +/- 3 years. He's a great coach but why would a program bring in someone at that age?

Mack Brown is pushing 70 and farting dust and North Carolina retreaded him.

Just sayin...

Comment

Denny Douds coached until he was 77 and he was effective into his late 60's. Jus' sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
          Mack Brown is pushing 70 and farting dust and North Carolina retreaded him.

Just sayin...
          Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
          Denny Douds coached until he was 77 and he was effective into his late 60's. Jus' sayin'.
          Different situations, I'd say.

Mack Brown is a huge national name. He won a BCS national championship and is a College Football HOF member. Dads of recruits have watched Mack Brown teams on TV. They watched him coach Ricky Williams, Vince Young, and Colt McCoy.

ESU was obviously illogical in having a 77 year old head coach. He wasn't Eddie Robinson.

Comment

Different situations, I'd say.

Mack Brown is a huge national name. He won a BCS national championship and is a College Football HOF member. Dads of recruits have watched Mack Brown teams on TV. They watched him coach Ricky Williams, Vince Young, and Colt McCoy.

ESU was obviously illogical in having a 77 year old head coach. He wasn't Eddie Robinson.

But they had that magical year in 2005 that still shines brightly in the Poconos!

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
              So IUP almost hung denny's age on him the last time they played? wow. jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
                The Temple job just came open with Geoff Collins going to Georgia Tech. As a Temple fan, Cignetti is actually one of my top choices, possibly my #2 choice. With his head coaching record at Elon and IUP and his experience as an assistant and recruiting coordinator at Alabama and NC State (and assistant prior to that at Pitt and Temple), Cignetti IMO has a very strong resume. (My top choice is former Temple assistant coach/current Baylor associate head coach Fran Brown.)
                Reports today are that Miami (Fla) DC, Manny Diaz, is negotiating a deal to become the Temple head coach ...... if it happens, would be a good hire IMO.

Comment

Heard Cignetti was hired by James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                    Heard Cignetti was hired by James Madison

You are on the wrong thread, partner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                      You are on the wrong thread, partner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Nah, this is the Curt Cignetti on the move thread that's been around for a while.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X