Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mad3 Boss View Post
    Im currently watching film on IUP and when I say I am NOT impressed by their defensive backs would be an understatement. All that MAN coverage will get their ass embarrassed. Their LBS and DL are pretty nice, but they're slow to be honest; they are big SOLID guys
    It worked OK for Cal, along with a good pass rush and their receiving corps is not that bad. Pretty sure they will use a different scheme against Rock. In 2012, no one thought IUP could contain Zack Zulli and the Ship air raid offense, but IUP had a good scheme for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

It worked OK for Cal, along with a good pass rush and their receiving corps is not that bad. Pretty sure they will use a different scheme against Rock. In 2012, no one thought IUP could contain Zack Zulli and the Ship air raid offense, but IUP had a good scheme for it.
      Mercyhurst had a good scheme limiting the QB to 206 pass yards and 2 INT but he still had 5 TDS.

That uear in 2022 was absolutely no threat in the run game.
      102 attempts 224 yards 2 Tds for his 2012 campaign.

Roland has already doubled that

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That's the great unknown. SRU hasn't faced any adversity all season. You don't know how a team will react until it happens.

That's why I feel avoiding the funeral home start like last year's game is imparative.

A fast start is a must for IUP -- something they aren't exactly famous for under Tort. They have to get SRU under some stress and quiet what will be a major crowd.

Tort has to coach a fine line this week. They are coming off a big high. He has to get them back down, focused and then back up by Saturday.

I like their chances in this game much more than I did a year ago. This a good team with good leaders ... not like the knucklheads last season.

Gonna be a battle. Two strong teams.

And, of course, this could just be Round 1.
        Were down 10-0 to Ship; then scored 48 unanswered

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
          Well, based on the sports fever announcers during the Rock / Hurst game, Rock has all these NFL prospects, how can IUP possibly win ? ? ? Seriously though, It should be a great game, alot depends on how the offense performs. It would be nice if our offense came up with a new wrinkle or two -maybe a third running play for a start ? . Then again IUP played the tougher schedule so far, so. We'll see.

Comment

They shouldn't schedule the parade yet.

Comment

IUP 34 Slip 17
              Last edited by TJ85; 10-09-2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They shouldn't schedule the parade yet.
                  Yeah because the top three ranked teams in D2 probably could obliterate all of our teams. Strong year for D2.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPTrackMan View Post
                    I live in the heart of Rock country and I also work with a former player. Based on the quality transfers that were brought in,
                    The most impactful transfer so far has been from Seton Hill not Rutgers.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Remember when Dr Evil spewed about the evils of IUP bringing in transfers and how they did it so morally and wholesome by recruiting all their players out of high school.
                      Just needed to get even. I don't necessarily think this has anything to do with morality or hypocrisy, but keep crying.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post

Just needed to get even. I don't necessarily think this has anything to do with morality or hypocrisy, but keep crying.

Comment

Don't be that guy.. just enjoy the games and the results. There's clearly nothing wrong with securing transfers if you can get them.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

The most impactful transfer so far has been from Seton Hill not Rutgers.
                            I definitely agree with that. We have to find other ways to get him the ball. SRU should be studying the Kansas City Chiefs offense lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mad3 Boss View Post
                              Im currently watching film on IUP and when I say I am NOT impressed by their defensive backs would be an understatement. All that MAN coverage will get their ass embarrassed. Their LBS and DL are pretty nice, but they're slow to be honest; they are big SOLID guys
                              They will get there chance Saturday. First test against Cam Newton and Cal they passed with flying colors 95 yards passing in a D2 game is unheard of....test #2 sat at 2 bells....Be There.

Comment

Rock strong team, probably best they ever had. I hope they are reading all the hoopla and press clippings, usually comes back to bite u almost everytime. Regional implications for sure on Saturday. I believe by far the 2 best teams in the region. Yes I know Notre Dame the current flavor of the month but I have watched ND twice and they are very beatable. In addition there soft schedule will come back to haunt them both regional poll wise and physically on the field. Very 1 dimensional if there RB gets dinged up they are in Trouble....just sayin

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X