Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
    I listened to part of the post game interview with Jack and Coach Tort. The topic of IUPs penalties arose, and Coach Tort's response was disturbing. Coach Tort alluded to penalties against PA top tier programs were unjust and disproportionate to others. What utter BS and poorly delivered attempt to point responsibility away from his team. Even if he truly believes that, and has evidence to support that thinly veiled accusation, to raise it after the ass whooping his team took, and the numerous miscues by his team is bush league. That type of comment should be made to the PSAC commissioners; not to the media and the fans.

For the past three years IUP, in particular the defense, has been an undisciplined group, often causing self inflicted and often fatal wounds, through penalties. This falls at the feet of coach Tort. To hear him try to blame others is amateurish at best, and raises questions on what he tells his players.

128 yards in penalties!! Most were justly called. The players are not playing disciplined football and that is the coaches responsibility. Stop trying to blame others and insinuating a conspiracy against PA teams.

Sickening enough to watch the on field performance, only to be further nauseated by the head coach after the game. Sad day for IUP all around.
    Wow! You think losing 45-42 to a team ranked 7 notches higher is an ass whooping? I disagree.

My opinion is that when all is said and done IUP played that game pretty well. Let's face it - it's SRU with all the lofty expectations.

IUP came out in the first quarter and they were mixed up on both sides of the ball. The INT TD return Maxwell threw certainly didn't help things. IUP did look to be overmatched; however, as the game wore on they got their act together and nearly staged a great comeback to pull off what would be considered an upset.

Sure, there were penalties. But I credit IUP coaches with making exceptional adjustments at the half. The two halves were completely different. Actually, IUP started adjusting in the 2nd quarter. So, I see that as a good thing.

I didn't hear the interview after the game but I can understand Tort's frustration with the officiating. Nobody seems happy with it. Every call seems like they need a committee to decide it.

I saw his questions about the chop blocks in the first half. Those hurt and IUP has not been called for that in previous games. Inconsistent? Perhaps.

I thought they showed that they can compete with a team on SRU's level. We didn't know that before. And SRU has some cracks in their game, too.

We lost. Now they need to avoid the letdown. Hey, I criticized Tort last year. However, I do think he is in control of the team. This is just one game. It hurts IUP's chances to win the West and compete in the State Game but that is not the only thing in play.

Comment

To IUPGroundhog educate me please. If SRU loses a game would that put IUP back in contention for the West/State? Or because SRU is ranked higher automatically gives it to them?
      Never know if that missed field goal was made it would of been a tie..just never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballin51 View Post
        To IUPGroundhog educate me please. If SRU loses a game would that put IUP back in contention for the West/State? Or because SRU is ranked higher automatically gives it to them?
        Never know if that missed field goal was made it would of been a tie..just never know.
        If the division ends up with a tie or a 3-way tie which is often the case then the team that has not appeared in the State Game for the longest time period goes. I believe that's the way it is. If it is different I'm sure somebody will correct me.

Comment

Check out "Dance Ticket" thread.

3.1 TOURNAMENT FORMAT

3.1.1 Date: The Eastern and Western Division champions will compete during week 11, alternating sites between divisions (West in even years and East in odd years) to determine the PSAC champion.

3.1.2 Champions in each division will be determined by won-loss record within the division.

3.1.3 In the event of a tie between two or more teams for the division lead, the following procedure will be utilized. In the process of breaking the tie among multiple teams, if one team is eliminated from the tie, then the tiebreaking process will restart from the first step.

a. Head-to-Head Results among tied teams.
          b. Record against teams in the division not involved in the tie starting at the top of the standings.
          c. Overall record in mandated conference games (divisional & crossovers included)
          d. Coin toss.

The team not in the State Game the longest is not mentioned and must be a PSAC urban legend.
          I can't get the link to work. Here it is, but you'll have to copy and paste to the browser. https://static.psacsports.org/custompages/Handbook/football.pdf

Comment

What's up with IUP players who ignored the post-game handshake?! Sore losers?! The Rock radio announcer called them out for it and rightfully so! Show some class next time you get beaten by a better team.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
              What's up with IUP players who ignored the post-game handshake?! Sore losers?! The Rock radio announcer called them out for it and rightfully so! Show some class next time you get beaten by a better team.
              Watch the video first. Then your comments won't make you sound so dumb. Their one announcer was a bigger homer than you are.

Comment

There was a healthy mix of guys shaking hands and guys walking away.. that's what a rivalry like IUP-SRU brings.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post

There was a healthy mix of guys shaking hands and guys walking away.. that's what a rivalry like IUP-SRU brings.
                  Both coaching staffs did a good job of getting the hotheads removed quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Both coaching staffs did a good job of getting the hotheads removed quickly.
                    For sure, it's almost they suspecting some sort of confrontation.. good on them. Would love to see a Part II for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post

For sure, it's almost they suspecting some sort of confrontation.. good on them. Would love to see a Part II for sure.
                      I did see the tweet from SRU acknowledging Quinton Maxwell going in to the SRU lockerroom after the game to congratulate several Rock defensive players. Classy on both sides.

Comment

I did see the tweet from SRU acknowledging Quinton Maxwell going in to the SRU lockerroom after the game to congratulate several Rock defensive players. Classy on both sides.
                        Yeah would be interesting to see if Rock players thought he was there to start a fight haha

Comment

Watch the video first. Then your comments won't make you sound so dumb. Their one announcer was a bigger homer than you are.
                          I was watching the video...Numerous players walked away from midfield as the handshake line was forming. No class...

Comment

I was watching the video...Numerous players walked away from midfield as the handshake line was forming. No class...
                            So when both teams had some players do it .... I suppose it doesn't fit your troll narrative? Get a life.

Comment

So when both teams had some players do it .... I suppose it doesn't fit your troll narrative? Get a life.
                              Own your own team's behavior...Don't deflect...Here's your narrative, IUP isn't as good as Slippery Rock and the players fall short on sportsmanship...
                              Last edited by WarriorVoice; 10-14-2019, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Which was more classless - some players not shaking hands or the SRU broadcaster pointing out only IUP players not doing so?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X