Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mad3 Boss View Post
    Honestly I cant even lie this is going to be the biggest game on either schedule. I think SRU has to contain #21 on IUP offense. Hes the playmaker. As long as they don't let them hurt them, they should definitely have a shot at winning.
    I am not sure if the Rock can afford to focus on #21 too much.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I am not sure if the Rock can afford to focus on #21 too much.
      you're right. but maybe we at least keep a high safety his way.

Comment

Weather looks decent from 11am forward. It 'appears' the rain will be out of here before lunch.

Comment

Lets go hawks. Play fast and smart and bring it home. Man I am psyched up today. Its gonna be a war. C ya there.

Comment

**** Slimey Pebble.

Comment

I listened to part of the post game interview with Jack and Coach Tort. The topic of IUPs penalties arose, and Coach Tort's response was disturbing. Coach Tort alluded to penalties against PA top tier programs were unjust and disproportionate to others. What utter BS and poorly delivered attempt to point responsibility away from his team. Even if he truly believes that, and has evidence to support that thinly veiled accusation, to raise it after the ass whooping his team took, and the numerous miscues by his team is bush league. That type of comment should be made to the PSAC commissioners; not to the media and the fans.

For the past three years IUP, in particular the defense, has been an undisciplined group, often causing self inflicted and often fatal wounds, through penalties. This falls at the feet of coach Tort. To hear him try to blame others is amateurish at best, and raises questions on what he tells his players.

128 yards in penalties!! Most were justly called. The players are not playing disciplined football and that is the coaches responsibility. Stop trying to blame others and insinuating a conspiracy against PA teams.

Sickening enough to watch the on field performance, only to be further nauseated by the head coach after the game. Sad day for IUP all around.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
                I listened to part of the post game interview with Jack and Coach Tort. The topic of IUPs penalties arose, and Coach Tort's response was disturbing. Coach Tort alluded to penalties against PA top tier programs were unjust and disproportionate to others. What utter BS and poorly delivered attempt to point responsibility away from his team. Even if he truly believes that, and has evidence to support that thinly veiled accusation, to raise it after the ass whooping his team took, and the numerous miscues by his team is bush league. That type of comment should be made to the PSAC commissioners; not to the media and the fans.

For the past three years IUP, in particular the defense, has been an undisciplined group, often causing self inflicted and often fatal wounds, through penalties. This falls at the feet of coach Tort. To hear him try to blame others is amateurish at best, and raises questions on what he tells his players.

128 yards in penalties!! Most were justly called. The players are not playing disciplined football and that is the coaches responsibility. Stop trying to blame others and insinuating a conspiracy against PA teams.

Sickening enough to watch the on field performance, only to be further nauseated by the head coach after the game. Sad day for IUP all around.
                I heard the interview too, I suppose given the nature of the game he let his emotions get the better of him. So I get he probably would have been better to keep it to himself,

BUT

I think the real issue is that PSAC officials call penalties that are inconsequential to the play - AN example from the Seton Hill game. On what could have been the winning drive, SHU completed a pass to put them close to a first down, the ref call holding on a lineman, AFTER the ball had been thrown. Was it holding - not blatant but sure, it could be called. Did it interfere with the game, definitely, did it effect the play at all - nope, so why call it ? So I don't think he is complaining about bias so much as he is about the willingness of the refs to interject themselves into the game by making unnecessary calls. Keep in mid SRU had over 100 yds of penalties too, and there were some pretty impactful non-calls. I can't say it would have made a difference in who would win a perfectly called game, but did it effect the game pretty significantly

Comment

I do agree with you IUP Ebbs! Coach Tort needs to point RIGHT at his team...and maybe point at Slippery Rock to give them their credit. When IUP closed within 3 points, The Rock slowly droved the ball down field and scored a TD. The defense could not get off the field, and it was not because of any bad calls by the refs. Slippery Rock made plays when they needed to. Just man up and say "Slippery Rock was the better team today", and build upon that.

Comment

I didn't see the interview you're referring to but on the weekly show with Jack Benedict Torts said he expected a certain amount of penalties on both sides. He credited the aggressiveness of both teams as making some penalties unavoidable. So, I guess he doesn't think all penalties are bad and that they come with the territory. At least I didn't see as many late hits out of bounds and really stupid stuff. I had stepped away from the game when the IUP defensive lineman took a swing at a SRU player. At least that's how it was described on the webcast.

BTW, the penalties that hurt the most were the 3 chop block penalties. The webcast didn't replay/isolate those infractions so I don't know what happened there but I don't believe IUP has been penalized for that in other games this year.

Comment

the penalties ... Game after game ... Fall on him.

Slow starts ... Game after game ... Fall on him.

Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-13-2019, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Hardly hate. There are two possible outcomes,, one gives you a well deserved clear path to the SG and the other means you need help. In either event a one loss IUP has, AT WORST, a #4 seed in the SR1. You gotta love those odds.
                          No, your wrong.....

Comment

What interview were you referring to? Jack did not do the interview after the game.

Comment

Well I'm confused ??? Whose hate ? My original post simply laid out the possibilities of a very important game and the next post was " let the hate begin" which was absolutely no part of what I said. Please someone educate me.

Comment

Originally posted by GregD View Post
                                What interview were you referring to? Jack did not do the interview after the game.
                                It was your interview after the game, but there as another interview with Jack Benedict either before the game, or the coach tort show where he mentioned the PSAC refs - not sure exactly which one everyone is refering to.

Also, you can speak to this better than me, but I didn't hear the excuses so much, it was more disappointment that the refs interject themselves in the game so much - cmon, over 250 yds of penalties. If teams are evenly matched, a couple calls one way or another at the right time changes things. Sure, if play better the refs matter less, and I don't think either team can claim a well played game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X