Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TJ85 View Post

Not a newbie pal, I have never seen you on this forum once and I have been here all fall and summer
    Been here since 2001, newbie. I've had a couple of important things going on this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Been here since 2001, newbie. I've had a couple of important things going on this year.
      I presume TJ85 understands what the "Posts 4360" means !?!?

Comment

• This is turning in to Shawshank on the night Andy arrives. Byron Hadley shows up for orientation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Comment

• I am great, all things considered! Still haven't been able to go out to a football game. Thank goodness for streaming. Maybe I can make it out during basketball season.

Comment

• Doesn't NDC count? They've been very strong recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Historically the #2 MEC teams have been blown out in the playoffs. I watched the Urbana FSU game thursday and was really underwhelmed. Maybe they are using the no rematch in the first round criteria. At least for Cal. Not sure why Findley is ranked lower - seems they have played a tough schedule. Bet they wished they played northern Michigan instead of Ferris state.
                Unfortunately, the best MEC #2 never made the playoffs. Shepherd in 2014 could have certainly won the region, as they did in '15 and '16. Concord from the MEC beat both Bloom and West Chester to win the region.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pine Ridge View Post

Unfortunately, the best MEC #2 never made the playoffs. Shepherd in 2014 could have certainly won the region, as they did in '15 and '16. Concord from the MEC beat both Bloom and West Chester to win the region.
                  Agreed. They went toe to toe with concord and lost a heartbreaker.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                    They'd have to catastrophically let down to drop one to the Fighting Stewies. I was thinking along the same lines for next year as you stated. This is the setup year for a couple really strong years to come for Shepherd. They could have easily been 10-0 at this point and from reading their comments in paper, the players who will be leading the team next year and the year after know it was on them and what they have to do to correct the mistakes they made.
                    I haven't quite put my finger on the mental toughness of this year's Shepherd team. The penalties and turnovers have plagued Shepherd all year long. I'd have to believe a Cater coached Shepherd team may very well have been undefeated this year. It would be a mistake to undervalue the mental toughness Coach Cater brought to the team year in and out. I think it would be one area McCook needs to review. He's done a real good job transitioning a very young team though.

On another note, I got a fever! And the only way to cure it, is more Frankie Stevens! Start the youngster! LOL!

Comment

• More 3rd grade sniping...Do you EVER take accountability for what YOU do? You DEMAND respect for your precious alma-mater while crapping on every other school in the conference. Grow up already.
                      Last edited by WarriorVoice; 11-13-2019, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

More 3rd grade sniping...Do you EVER take accountability for what YOU do? You DEMAND respect for your precious alma-mater while crapping on every other school in the conference. Grow up already.
                        Well you know that's never going to happen. I don't respond to his posts in an effort to change his mind. But without someone exposing realities, others might accept his drivel as fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pine Ridge View Post

This is a big assumption, as the MEC had two teams in the playoffs in both 2015 and 2016. In 2015 Shepherd was 1st and won the region, Charleston was 2nd and lost to IUP 47-21 in the first round. 2016 saw both Shepherd and Fairmont State make the playoffs. Shepherd, who was 1st, won the region. Fairmont, who was 2nd, lost to IUP 62-13 in the first round. That 2014 Shepherd team was 8-2, not like their only conference loss was to Concord.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

This is a big assumption, as the MEC had two teams in the playoffs in both 2015 and 2016. In 2015 Shepherd was 1st and won the region, Charleston was 2nd and lost to IUP 47-21 in the first round. 2016 saw both Shepherd and Fairmont State make the playoffs. Shepherd, who was 1st, won the region. Fairmont, who was 2nd, lost to IUP 62-13 in the first round. That 2014 Shepherd team was 8-2, not like their only conference loss was to Concord.
                            IUP won both on road.

Comment

Agree that historically the second best rep from the MEC hasn't done well. That is why I always said it was a 1 league team each year.

And my rebuttal towards BoatCaptain when he complains about the lack of MEC teams making the playoffs is the fact that ESU beat the MEC's number 2 team in 2017, and ESU finished 2nd to last in the PSAC that year. BTW, ESU was also on the road.

Comment

I can rationalize that understanding... Shepherd isn't built like the other MEC schools though and had more historic playoff chops and wouldn't have been as unsure about the moment of their first playoff appearance. Oh well didn't happen, so whatever.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X