Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
    I actually don't get how Urbana is ahead of California right now. Same record, and Cal's SOS is significantly better than Urbana. The only they may be looking at is Cal is 1-3 against opponents .500 or better, but those 3 losses came to Kutztown 10-0, Slippery Rock 10-0 and IUP 9-1.
    I just have no idea how Urbana is ahead of both Cal AND Findlay. Both of those pass the eye test and Urbana absolutely has not. But then again, if Urbana and/or WV State get in and play against a PSAC team, and wind up winning, it's another offseason of second-guessing for the PSAC. Urbana, Cal, and Findlay all play quality opponents in week 11, so if Urbana loses, and Cal and/or Findlay win, one would assume that one of the latter two would get ranked. Just probably not high enough for an actual playoff spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

There are 5 10-0 teams in the other SRs who are NOT #1 in their region...Get in line behind them...

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

I just have no idea how Urbana is ahead of both Cal AND Findlay. Both of those pass the eye test and Urbana absolutely has not. But then again, if Urbana and/or WV State get in and play against a PSAC team, and wind up winning, it's another offseason of second-guessing for the PSAC. Urbana, Cal, and Findlay all play quality opponents in week 11, so if Urbana loses, and Cal and/or Findlay win, one would assume that one of the latter two would get ranked. Just probably not high enough for an actual playoff spot.
        Historically the #2 MEC teams have been blown out in the playoffs. I watched the Urbana FSU game thursday and was really underwhelmed. Maybe they are using the no rematch in the first round criteria. At least for Cal. Not sure why Findley is ranked lower - seems they have played a tough schedule. Bet they wished they played northern Michigan instead of Ferris state.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

SOS. Urbana = .509, Findlay = .488

Comment

• Your loss against SRU sure is...

Comment

This is wild. The GMAC is such a polar conference, the top tier is very solid but the bottom tier drags it all down. Proves that additional context is needed in the rankings, one team played NDC on the road and lost by 5, and the other played NDC at home and lost by 20. That plus Urbana's 24 point loss to Fairmont should be the end of the conversation.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                They are now scratching and clawing through the PSAC just like IUP and the rest of the PSAC top teams and have positioned themselves for the post season. I think that should have earned the respect of the PSAC crowd for their performance this year.
                Hopefully they can avoid a letdown and just get the W this week to essentially lock up a spot. This is a big one for the younger leaders on the team. Shepherd is still a pretty young team overall, and barring the usual grades hiccups should be a much more formidable team on the lines next year.

been a good transition year for them, next years schedule is going to be a big step up too so it may set up nicely being a more mature/stronger team.

Comment

So this shows the disadvantage of OOC games - the GMACs weak teams all lose most of their 3 or so OOC games, The MEC, without many OOC games, don't have such bad W/L records. , Is there anyone that thinks Urbana would beat Findley or Cal ? It doesn't look like ADs or conference managers try to improve their teams chances for post season, so many must just not be that interested. Its nice, but no big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

So this shows the disadvantage of OOC games - the GMACs weak teams all lose most of their 3 or so OOC games, The MEC, without many OOC games, don't have such bad W/L records. , Is there anyone that thinks Urbana would beat Findley or Cal ? It doesn't look like ADs or conference managers try to improve their teams chances for post season, so many must just not be that interested. Its nice, but no big deal.
                    I don't even think Urbana would beat East Stroudsburg (despite the epic 5 game collapse).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I don't even think Urbana would beat East Stroudsburg (despite the epic 5 game collapse).
                      LOL it would be a close one. I wouldn't want to bet on either team.

Comment

Your loss against SRU sure is...
                        Just who the hell do you think you are? IUP is getting into the playoffs if they win out. Sorry that crushes your dream when the team you like gives up 50+ points a week so you just hop onto SRU who is going to lose in the playoffs, then you hop on Notre Dame too who is not impressive what so ever. Hop off, buddy

Comment

• Originally posted by TJ85 View Post

Just who the hell do you think you are? IUP is getting into the playoffs if they win out. Sorry that crushes your dream when the team you like gives up 50+ points a week so you just hop onto SRU who is going to lose in the playoffs, then you hop on Notre Dame too who is not impressive what so ever. Hop off, buddy
                          Hi there, newbie!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Hopefully they can avoid a letdown and just get the W this week to essentially lock up a spot. This is a big one for the younger leaders on the team. Shepherd is still a pretty young team overall, and barring the usual grades hiccups should be a much more formidable team on the lines next year.

been a good transition year for them, next years schedule is going to be a big step up too so it may set up nicely being a more mature/stronger team.
                            They'd have to catastrophically let down to drop one to the Fighting Stewies. I was thinking along the same lines for next year as you stated. This is the setup year for a couple really strong years to come for Shepherd. They could have easily been 10-0 at this point and from reading their comments in paper, the players who will be leading the team next year and the year after know it was on them and what they have to do to correct the mistakes they made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Hi there, newbie!
                              Not a newbie pal, I have never seen you on this forum once and I have been here all fall and summer

Comment

Your loss against SRU sure is...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X