Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Somewhat local to PA ... the Alderson Broaddus (WV, GMAC) football job also just opened up.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I don't think she's totally to blame. If you think about it, a lot of programs started to fade when they switched from NAIA to NCAA D2, especially if they ran older-fashioned departments (Lock Haven and Millersville).

Lock Haven more than anyone in the PSAC is affected by Penn State's shadow.

For Lock Haven to win, they need a shot in the arm from a home run hire (Justin Lustig at Edinboro) followed by a long period of building a program from the bottom up. Yes, this means fundraising scholarship dollars but it also means having a guy at the top long term (Kirk Ferentz at Iowa).
    Or they take the MANSFIELD route and go SPRINT FOOTBALL which in the current situation seems a lot smarter than banging their heads against the D2 wall.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    I don't think she's totally to blame. If you think about it, a lot of programs started to fade when they switched from NAIA to NCAA D2, especially if they ran older-fashioned departments (Lock Haven and Millersville).

Lock Haven more than anyone in the PSAC is affected by Penn State's shadow.

For Lock Haven to win, they need a shot in the arm from a home run hire (Justin Lustig at Edinboro) followed by a long period of building a program from the bottom up. Yes, this means fundraising scholarship dollars but it also means having a guy at the top long term (Kirk Ferentz at Iowa).

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    What's Jay Paterno Doing ?

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I think it depends on what he does this playoff. I haven't been a big fan of the play calling, but stats wise he looks really good. He is also one of the few OCs to have a run game coordinator rather than an O-line coach. I also wonder if Barker is interested since he has done the international team coaching. I can see coaches wanting the Bloom position, and Gannon because of the Scholies, and perks of a private school. Can't imagine who would want it, except someone without other offers, or who has a point to try to prove.
    No doubt. Gregory is a sharp guy. He's well-spoken. He's the right age.

And, I'm talking Lock Haven here. He's the prototype of what kind of candidate they could get. It's going to be a first-time head coach who is a proven coordinator or it's going to be a washed up journeyman looking for one last dance. Obviously, next to no sitting head coach is going to want that job. It's basically the Green Mile of coaching jobs, which also doesn't help to attract a Tate Gregory type. They may wait it out for something better.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Smith I could see. Gregory, not even close.
    I think it depends on what he does this playoff. I haven't been a big fan of the play calling, but stats wise he looks really good. He is also one of the few OCs to have a run game coordinator rather than an O-line coach. I also wonder if Barker is interested since he has done the international team coaching. I can see coaches wanting the Bloom position, and Gannon because of the Scholies, and perks of a private school. Can't imagine who would want it, except someone without other offers, or who has a point to try to prove.

Leave a comment:

• Tony33
    replied
    Three new changes, now I'm waiting on the 4th change which is MERCYHURST. They should have been announced Marty removal and replacing him with Romedio (d-line coach).

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if IUP offensive coordinator Tate Gregory gets one of these three open jobs.

Jim Smith (D Coordinator) is certainly ready but may not be interested.
    I would think BLOOMSBURG has the most potential of the three to turn around.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    They're going to need a super recruiter to have any chance of turning that ship around. LHU hasn't been remotely competitive for years.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
    And the the dormant IUP Angry Mob implements of destruction used by the Lock Haven Angry Mob have been returned safely to the Flemming St. tool shed. Word has it that the Lock Haven Angry mob was commended for cleaning, buffing, and polishing the bludgeoning implements of destruction, and cleaning, buffing, polishing, AND sharping the pointed ones. Also, all touches were returned with new torch heads and new cans of torch fluid. The dormant IUP Angry Mob was so impressed with the returned condition of the implements of destruction, that they have included the steps used by the Lock Haven Angry mob in a re-write of the IUP Angry Mob Weapons of Destruction Rental Agreement.
    LMAO! How about some warning for something that funny! Kudos to the LH Angry Mob for their consideration.

Is the LIT AF position open? I didn't hear that one.

-

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if IUP offensive coordinator Tate Gregory gets one of these three open jobs.

Jim Smith (D Coordinator) is certainly ready but may not be interested.
    Smith I could see. Gregory, not even close.

Leave a comment:

• IUPMonk
    replied
    And the the dormant IUP Angry Mob implements of destruction used by the Lock Haven Angry Mob have been returned safely to the Flemming St. tool shed. Word has it that the Lock Haven Angry mob was commended for cleaning, buffing, and polishing the bludgeoning implements of destruction, and cleaning, buffing, polishing, AND sharping the pointed ones. Also, all touches were returned with new torch heads and new cans of torch fluid. The dormant IUP Angry Mob was so impressed with the returned condition of the implements of destruction, that they have included the steps used by the Lock Haven Angry mob in a re-write of the IUP Angry Mob Weapons of Destruction Rental Agreement.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied

Three openings for a HC in the PSAC in one year, more than I remember. Anymore to come?

Leave a comment:

• Pine Ridge
    replied
    They were pretty solid on Offense this year; the Defense definitely struggled all season. I guess that one LHU poster that's been beating this drum is happy today. Any updates on their ADA parking price?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X