Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

I'll add to my first response.. the list that leaked of the bloom top 3 candidates.
    So you want a Div II program to name a defensive asst. with four years of experience-3 of those years under the last coach whose contract was not renewed or aka fired ? 4 years as an asst and you can move up to be a qualified head coach in the psac?

Comment

Originally posted by BoroLetterman1 View Post

So you want a Div II program to name a defensive asst. with four years of experience-3 of those years under the last coach whose contract was not renewed or aka fired ? 4 years as an asst and you can move up to be a qualified head coach in the psac?
      My response earlier to why I expect it to happen...was I dont expect a great group of candidates and the Bloom list if accurate is more proof of that.

Comment

Jimmy Terwilliger had 4 years experience before being hired as head coach and he did pretty well for himself. I don't know if years experience mean as much as some people want to think.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Jimmy Terwilliger had 4 years experience before being hired as head coach and he did pretty well for himself. I don't know if years experience mean as much as some people want to think.
          I thought you knew more than that Fightingscot82 AND you wanted more for Edinboro. Again, 1 year of experience and being mentored under a winning coach would not be my idea of a good hire to take the program forward.

Comment

I thought you knew more than that Fightingscot82 AND you wanted more for Edinboro. Again, 1 year of experience and being mentored under a winning coach would not be my idea of a good hire to take the program forward.
            I feel like I'm the only one trusting the process and not getting worked up.

Edinboro doesn't have a Jimmy T waiting in the wings or really anywhere. I'm okay with that. Edinboro is very special to me but I don't let my sentiment lead me when making critical decisions.

At this point we have to hope for a good pool of applicants for the committee to choose from. I don't want an FBS guy and I don't want a high school guy. I want someone with fundraising acumen, someone in it for at least 4-5 years, someone who will push the department and university to elevate its expectations for athletics, and who has very strong connections in one or more of Pittsburgh, Cleveland, or Buffalo. I don't want someone coming in there thinking they can win the PSAC West with all D10 kids.
            Last edited by Fightingscot82; 12-13-2019, 02:30 PM.

Comment

I assume youre a Steeler fan. Tomlin got hired with one year as a DC in the NFL. In the NFL. (not arguing if that was good or not)...you just have to convince someone you are the guy. Whoever gets hired if not the OC themselves will need to hire a good one....that isn't easy.

Maybe there is that MAC position coach out there to blow everyones skirts up...(again) Where is Terry Bowden? I think Akron hired Tom Arth from John Carroll to replace him. So that's D3 to MAC.

Looking forward to seeing the finalists.
              Last edited by EdinboroFB; 12-13-2019, 05:24 PM.

Comment

You forgot Lance Leipold going from Wisconsin-Whitewater to Buffalo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                  You forgot Lance Leipold going from Wisconsin-Whitewater to Buffalo.
                  I couldn't remember where the whitewater guy went. I couldn't see hiring a d3 guy in the MAC but shows how off the wall hiring HC's can be.

Comment

New coach should be hired and in place by beginning of semester. Committee working hard. Start date is NOT March when Bradford's contract ends. He will be in place to recruit and begin team activities.

Comment

I sure hope you're right. Sounds like an unusually quick turnaround by Edinboro standards.

Comment

Same timing as the last hire-and yes-fast by boro standards

Comment

Edit: got my answer. 4 finalists coming to town very soon. I'm glad there aren't any retreads from the last search.
                          Last edited by Fightingscot82; 01-06-2020, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Well the boro Never stops disappointing us do they??? -didn't realize we were turning into a Div III program-Incredible!

https://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Comment

Well the boro Never stops disappointing us do they??? -didn't realize we were turning into a Div III program-Incredible!

https://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/
                              Which of those three you offered applied? What's your source? Which has a better resume than Benzel?

If your feelings are so strong contact the alum on the search committee.

Comment

All 3 of those have applied and been put on hold Scot.

Benzel coaches Div III Football at Westminster- he has Never had to divide scholarship $, raise much of it, or anything similar to what awaits him at Edinboro. Other 3 candidates seem to be waaaay ahead of that with experience alone. This seems crazy

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X