Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But even more interesting---why does Scott "Fightingscot82" continue to look for ways to bash Lustig. Justin opened a complete pipeline to Prep which did in fact bring in $ and would have brought in more if Edinboro could have just given him a contract to sign and retain him. Lustig didn't leave because of lack of resources or fail to work on that area, he left because after working how long without a contract he had waaaay better opportunities. I don't blame him one bit! What causes someone to bash and be so negative all the time through typing on a forum?

Comment

Originally posted by BoroLetterman1 View Post
      But even more interesting---why does Scott "Fightingscot82" continue to look for ways to bash Lustig. Justin opened a complete pipeline to Prep which did in fact bring in $ and would have brought in more if Edinboro could have just given him a contract to sign and retain him. Lustig didn't leave because of lack of resources or fail to work on that area, he left because after working how long without a contract he had waaaay better opportunities. I don't blame him one bit! What causes someone to bash and be so negative all the time through typing on a forum?
      Why don't you just say my full name since you apparently know it? I don't care. Why do former Edinboro players get their jocks in a twist over me?

I don't hold any ill will toward Lustig. Guy was making $86,000 at Edinboro, tied the record for the greatest turnaround in college football, was given just a $1,000 raise, then took an opportunity that paid a lot more. I get that. If you actually read what I wrote: I said in the short term he was exactly what Edinboro needed but in the long term will hurt because people think one person can instantly reverse the results. My frustration was that he knew that I knew about his frustration with his pay and when I asked him if he was happy at Edinboro he told me exactly what you'd expect. A week later he was gone. That made me want someone who was committed to Edinboro for the long haul, so to me Wayne Bradford made sense because he could continue what Lustig started.

I don't want them hiring someone who thinks they're better than Edinboro. Hiring Justin Lustig was the same as some of the president hires they've made. Make a name for yourself then flip it for something with better pay. I already work in a field with lots of turnover so I understand what that does to continuity and progress.

Comment

Originally posted by BoroLetterman1 View Post
        DK McDonald-now that cracks me up! He is not going to leave working for one of the best up and coming coaches in the business Matt Campbell.

Comment

Agreed - not anytime soon. Maybe as a swansong many years from now like Lou Tepper or Frank Cignetti. Possibly if he were still at Toledo, but the MAC and the P5 schools are worlds apart.

Comment

Top of the line D3 was not an insult, point being, they know how to operate with limited resources, wasnt meant to be insulting. I've heard the same about Mercyhurst, if they get some support, I think they might have something there.

Comment

Job posted today. Start date isn't until March 2, 2020 - probably the day after Bradford's contract ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                Job posted today. Start date isn't until March 2, 2020 - probably the day after Bradford's contract ends.
                Yikes. That misses a huge chunk of the recruiting season.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Yikes. That misses a huge chunk of the recruiting season.
                  Yeah I see that too - and its not like he was a recruiting liability. I wonder if there's some APSCUF thing that he's entitled to work until his contract runs out. After reading the description I have more questions but I'll keep them to myself.

Comment

I wonder if they just stick to an interim HC for the 2020 season to line up a solid recruiting class (although I'm certain top recruits when choosing between PSAC schools will pick the more stable program) in February. Hiring a coach from outside the program to start in March means pretty much not having spring ball as the HC wouldn't know his players or their skill set to cater to their system.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post

I wonder if they just stick to an interim HC for the 2020 season to line up a solid recruiting class (although I'm certain top recruits when choosing between PSAC schools will pick the more stable program) in February. Hiring a coach from outside the program to start in March means pretty much not having spring ball as the HC wouldn't know his players or their skill set to cater to their system.
                      Just a recipe for the SAME **** to happen next season

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post

The recruiting class would stink. Nobody wants to sign with an interim head coach. While they say to pick the school and not the coach ... that rarely holds any water. You'd likely end up with 20-25 kids who all got passed over by everybody else. Now, if they really wait until March to name a new coach, National Signing Day will have already come and gone. So, I guess you'd likely be getting the 'passed over' regardless. That would likely force the new guy to take a very transfer-heavy first class (with limited funds).

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The recruiting class would stink. Nobody wants to sign with an interim head coach. While they say to pick the school and not the coach ... that rarely holds any water. You'd likely end up with 20-25 kids who all got passed over by everybody else. Now, if they really wait until March to name a new coach, National Signing Day will have already come and gone. So, I guess you'd likely be getting the 'passed over' regardless. That would likely force the new guy to take a very transfer-heavy first class (with limited funds).
                          Start date is March 2 so I bet like Lustig they'll make an announcement in late January/early February and the new guy will have to hustle to get bubble kids.

Comment

This has been a very quiet forum of late. Has anyone heard anything? What direction they are leaning? Do they have a "type" of coach/person in mind?

I would think something would have to leak out of their soon. Or maybe the mole just left?

Either way there has to be something floating around. I think that this hiring process is going to set the program back for years.

Comment

Position is advertised. December 20 deadline.

I was told that the AD reached out to some people hoping to drum up interest. Its a union job so it has to follow the archaic, slow committee process: committee formed, committee reviews, committee shuts down for 2 weeks during break, committee reconvenes to decide who should get a Skype interview, committee votes on who should come to campus, committee interviews finalists, committee recommends selection to AD. Expect it to resemble the process when they hired Lustig - the real action will happen in January.

Late start date is because Bradford is under contract through March 1. If he takes another position then the start date could be bumped up.

Comment

Position is advertised. December 20 deadline.

I was told that the AD reached out to some people hoping to drum up interest. Its a union job so it has to follow the archaic, slow committee process: committee formed, committee reviews, committee shuts down for 2 weeks during break, committee reconvenes to decide who should get a Skype interview, committee votes on who should come to campus, committee interviews finalists, committee recommends selection to AD. Expect it to resemble the process when they hired Lustig - the real action will happen in January.

Late start date is because Bradford is under contract through March 1. If he takes another position then the start date could be bumped up.
                                Its mostly not the union rules, which only really deal with who gets a say on the hiring. It more the state civil service type rules required by PASSHE that slows it all down. And if you know how to work the system, you can get it done pretty quick.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X