Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IUP Football 2020

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

    Wouldn’t it be lovely if they could go all the way and sweep the Natty’s..much to the IUP haters dismay.

    Its nice to dream.
    Of the three revenue sports at IUP, the women's basketball team will be the first to win a title. Joe has the next best shot. Tort needs more coin.

    Comment


    • Speaking of rural PA, WPXI reported this morning police in Venango are asking for leads in a case where individuals stole a blind man's mobile home. Literally. They stole the whole thing .. hauled it away. The owner wasn't home.

      This falls under 'the frst time for everything' category.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Speaking of rural PA, WPXI reported this morning police in Venango are asking for leads in a case where individuals stole a blind man's mobile home. Literally. They stole the whole thing .. hauled it away. The owner wasn't home.

        This falls under 'the frst time for everything' category.
        Well, in the "big" cities, they just steal the Blind Man's Dog: https://6abc.com/guide-dog-returned-...theft/5959131/

        Fortunately, they did the right thing and returned it.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

          Of the three revenue sports at IUP, the women's basketball team will be the first to win a title. Joe has the next best shot. Tort needs more coin.
          You are absolutely correct on this point. Tort will never win one because the state of PA is just to saturated with schools for IUP to get enough talent with the money they have. The men got their twice but both times they were way over matched in the finals. The girls certainly have the best route to get their. The talent pool just isn't there for the women making it easier for the top teams to keep rolling!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

            You are absolutely correct on this point. Tort will never win one because the state of PA is just to saturated with schools for IUP to get enough talent with the money they have. The men got their twice but both times they were way over matched in the finals. The girls certainly have the best route to get their. The talent pool just isn't there for the women making it easier for the top teams to keep rolling!
            Then they may need to look outside their talent pool. Let us not forget that the IUP WBB program's greatest ever player hailed from Des Moines, Iowa. Same thing with RB Michael Mann for the football program. He came from Miami, Florida.

            Paying that extra out of state tuition fee is not a bad thing at all if you are getting a blue chipper. The IUP programs should not shy away from that ever if it means that they can land an uncommon talent.

            -

            Comment


            • Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

              Then they may need to look outside their talent pool. Let us not forget that the IUP WBB program's greatest ever player hailed from Des Moines, Iowa. Same thing with RB Michael Mann for the football program. He came from Miami, Florida.

              Paying that extra out of state tuition fee is not a bad thing at all if you are getting a blue chipper. The IUP programs should not shy away from that ever if it means that they can land an uncommon talent.

              -
              No one said to shy away from that talent. You can go get 1-2 of those blue chippers but you need 60 great players to go win a national championship. DEPTH is the key and IUP never has depth b/c of the lack of funds needing to be spent on more good players as opposed to super stars.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

                No one said to shy away from that talent. You can go get 1-2 of those blue chippers but you need 60 great players to go win a national championship. DEPTH is the key and IUP never has depth b/c of the lack of funds needing to be spent on more good players as opposed to super stars.
                That's correct. The piggy bank has to about double in size.

                IUP will always be good with players 1-22 on the roster. To win in that Final Four, however, you need to be strong in players 23-44. That's been the weakness.

                Tort even said they took a whole PA class this year because they could make the funds go further.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

                  That's correct. The piggy bank has to about double in size.

                  IUP will always be good with players 1-22 on the roster. To win in that Final Four, however, you need to be strong in players 23-44. That's been the weakness.

                  Tort even said they took a whole PA class this year because they could make the funds go further.
                  Then just do what Gary Edwards did back some years ago and falsify the residencies of the out of state players to make them PA residents. LOL.

                  -

                  Comment


                  • I refuse to believe that the NC is out of reach for IUP and other PSAC programs. Clearly, we are at a disadvantage and a lot of semifinal routs can be referenced to support the idea that the PSAC is not competitive on that level. However, it was only 2 seasons ago when IUP was definitely in the mix and West Florida basically came out of nowhere and knocked IUP off. I think with the right team and a little luck a PSAC team can break through. Not often, but it can happen.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

                      Then just do what Gary Edwards did back some years ago and falsify the residencies of the out of state players to make them PA residents. LOL.

                      -
                      Gary 'allegedly' did this ... it was never proved.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

                        Gary 'allegedly' did this ... it was never proved.
                        Lee Harvey "allegedly" killed JFK...it was never proved. LOL.

                        -

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                          I refuse to believe that the NC is out of reach for IUP and other PSAC programs. Clearly, we are at a disadvantage and a lot of semifinal routs can be referenced to support the idea that the PSAC is not competitive on that level. However, it was only 2 seasons ago when IUP was definitely in the mix and West Florida basically came out of nowhere and knocked IUP off. I think with the right team and a little luck a PSAC team can break through. Not often, but it can happen.
                          I have to agree with you Iupgroundhog, I thought that IUP team had a pretty good shot at getting to the National Championship game, until Max Redfield injured his hip in the Super Regional championship game.If with the offense playing under par in the playoffs. I even thought last year's Slippery Rock's team had a shot at getting to the final game. I think the PSAC is pretty close, just need a little luck, like you stated.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

                            I have to agree with you Iupgroundhog, I thought that IUP team had a pretty good shot at getting to the National Championship game, until Max Redfield injured his hip in the Super Regional championship game.If with the offense playing under par in the playoffs. I even thought last year's Slippery Rock's team had a shot at getting to the final game. I think the PSAC is pretty close, just need a little luck, like you stated.
                            Then Rock lost by about 100 in the Final Four. I hope you're right but in my mind the math doesn't add up. Money can cure all.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

                              Then Rock lost by about 100 in the Final Four. I hope you're right but in my mind the math doesn't add up. Money can cure all.
                              Of this era, the only two teams that were remotely close were the 2007 Cal and 2017 IUP teams.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

                                Of this era, the only two teams that were remotely close were the 2007 Cal and 2017 IUP teams.
                                Just PSAC teams (at the time) in SR1?

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X