Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: D1 CFP

It's a cartel run by the Power 5 conferences and ESPN. They're making too much money the way it is and they don't want the latest Utah/Boise State/TCU/ Western Michigan/Central Florida to have a chance to knock them off their pedestal. The media don't want it because it will delegitimize their Top 25 poll.

I kind of prefer the FCS and D3 models over D2. Win your conference and you're in. Fill the remaining spots with runner ups. Figure out a way to include Notre Dame.

Comment

Comment

The nightcap was as exciting of a game as you can get in college football. That's going to be a tough one for OSU to swallow. Instead of starting up 28-0 they kept stalling in the redzone and took three FGs to open up a 16-0 lead instead.

Oklahoma ... other than its record didn't belong. They got embarrased. It's kind of like putting SR1 in the Final Four (majority of years it gets embarrassed). Oklahoma wouldn't have been better than 4th or 5th had it played in the SEC. How a Final Four team gives up 49 points in one half tells the story. Typical Big 12 defense.

As for the format ... follow the money. I assume they'll keep tweaking it as the years go by.

Comment

They need to stop giving Oklahomastan playoff bids. They get clocked every time.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            The nightcap was as exciting of a game as you can get in college football. That's going to be a tough one for OSU to swallow. Instead of starting up 28-0 they kept stalling in the redzone and took three FGs to open up a 16-0 lead instead.

Oklahoma ... other than its record didn't belong. They got embarrased. It's kind of like putting SR1 in the Final Four (majority of years it gets embarrassed). Oklahoma wouldn't have been better than 4th or 5th had it played in the SEC. How a Final Four team gives up 49 points in one half tells the story. Typical Big 12 defense.

As for the format ... follow the money. I assume they'll keep tweaking it as the years go by.
            I forgot all about that BigIndians! Ohio St can't cry TOO MUCH about that possible fumble-scoop-score that was changed to just an incomplete pass when they left kicked FGs instead of scoring TDs. They would have basically crushed Clemson's spirits with a 28 point lead.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I forgot all about that BigIndians! Ohio St can't cry TOO MUCH about that possible fumble-scoop-score that was changed to just an incomplete pass when they left kicked FGs instead of scoring TDs. They would have basically crushed Clemson's spirits with a 28 point lead.
              That was a tough call. At game speed it was incomplete. At ultra slow motion a case could be made it was a catch. As the great poet Mike Tomlin says ... he doesn't even know what a catch actually is anymore.

The final play was either a blown route or a blown read. Opinion seems to vary. If you think this board is tough ... take a glance at the OSU Twitter and message boards. Goodness.

Comment

That was a tough call. At game speed it was incomplete. At ultra slow motion a case could be made it was a catch. As the great poet Mike Tomlin says ... he doesn't even know what a catch actually is anymore.

The final play was either a blown route or a blown read. Opinion seems to vary. If you think this board is tough ... take a glance at the OSU Twitter and message boards. Goodness.
                Please don't quote me, but I think I heard that the WR "stated" he broke off his route because he thought Fields was scrambling. I will go at take a look at OSU Twitter...

Comment

I just took a look at the comments via #Ohiostate.....wow....

Comment

Reminded me of IUP. What killed tOSU were the two penalties - roughing the kicker (personal foul) and roughing the passer. The roughing the kicker penalty changed the game. I thought Clemson lucked out. The ball definitely bounced their way in that game.

Comment

Correct. At game speed it was definitely incomplete, although it was called complete. I thought it was still incomplete on the replay although it was really close. For how long in real time did the receiver appear to "have possession" clutching the ball a foot and a half from his body? If you slow it down enough it can look like he has control but I don't think he did.

Comment

I've always favored a CFP in major college football. I will say that. HOWEVER, the way things are now in competitive terms I don't think expanding it will make any difference as to who the eventual champion is. Those 4 semifinal teams we saw yesterday are on a different level from teams ranked in the lower top 10 or lower teens, just like the Shepherds and IUP's aren't on the level of UWF, MSU, or Ferris State.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I've always favored a CFP in major college football. I will say that. HOWEVER, the way things are now in competitive terms I don't think expanding it will make any difference as to who the eventual champion is. Those 4 semifinal teams we saw yesterday are on a different level from teams ranked in the lower top 10 or lower teens, just like the Shepherds and IUP's aren't on the level of UWF, MSU, or Ferris State.
                          And every year it seems there's a team who seemingly doesn't belong and nominees for who should have been there. I bet they're afraid to expand to 8 teams because that would strengthen the argument for Group of teams. Maybe 6 teams to give P5 auto qualifiers plus the top G5?

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Correct. At game speed it was definitely incomplete, although it was called complete. I thought it was still incomplete on the replay although it was really close. For how long in real time did the receiver appear to "have possession" clutching the ball a foot and a half from his body? If you slow it down enough it can look like he has control but I don't think he did.
                            Many a Buckeye fan are also complaining about the targeting ejection. That really seemed to swing momentum -- and took a Round 1 defender out of the game.

Comment

Many a Buckeye fan are also complaining about the targeting ejection. That really seemed to swing momentum -- and took a Round 1 defender out of the game.
                              That was the play I meant to refer to. I ain't no expert but it looked like targeting to me.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X