X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Off season/ Recruiting/ Boro

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
    It's not .... jus sayin
    Grades are out. I was waiting for some bad news.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
      I'm sure busing all the other sports all the way to Michigan was an issue. It's one thing to do it for football but thats a long way for tennis and lacrosse.

You'd think they wouldve known that going in but being around Edinboro over the years its not a big shock if no one thought of that before hand. I think they only lasted 2 years.

That was before the psac was letting the non state schools in. I think Westminster would be better than Seton Hill. I know at the least the old football alumni care...and it would be some of those old matchups from the 70's and 80's. I think Edinboro played them in a playoff game in 1980?
      I was impressed with their men's basketball team. They had some guys who could start for many PSAC teams.

Comment

Fletcher made it official.

Stupid move.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Stupid move.
          Have to see where he lands prior to calling it a stupid move.

If he's starting for Grand Valley next year (or similar) it would be quite the contrary.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Have to see where he lands prior to calling it a stupid move.

If he's starting for Grand Valley next year (or similar) it would be quite the contrary.
            I assume he wasn't getting a full ride at Boro so if a FCS school in the OVC or even CAA offers him a full ride and more national exposure I kind of get why he made the move. True it's a gamble but hey he could blow his knee out in summer camp at Boro and have no shot at the NFL so no matter what he has to make the best long term decision that will give him his best shot at getting noticed by scouts and improving his stock for a 2020 camp invite or possible draft slot.

Comment

Stupid move.
              You heard it here first!!!

I agree with the above comment....that you can't call it a stupid move until after all the chips fall. In the end you could be right calling it stupid....but for right now calling it stupid is just something someone with Boro plaid blinders on might say.

Comment

If I was playing Edinboro next year...with their QB situation....I would stack the box and make the QB beat you....which Fletcher might realize and try to avoid a down year statistically. No QB....no success. Unless your defense is lights out. Edinboro does not fit that description.

Comment

Originally posted by BoroBacker View Post
                  You heard it here first!!!

I agree with the above comment....that you can't call it a stupid move until after all the chips fall. In the end you could be right calling it stupid....but for right now calling it stupid is just something someone with Boro plaid blinders on might say.
                  Sure - but what are the chances that he'll land somewhere that gets him better exposure? He'll only get exposure if he's starting. Its not likely he'll land "upward" and still start. To get looks at any level below FBS you need gonzo stats. He had those at Edinboro. Another big year and he could win the Harlon Hill and be the all-time greatest at Edinboro. A legend. That most likely isn't happening wherever he lands. Sure it stings because I'm an Edinboro football fan, but how many times have kids been able to transfer up and succeed? Its rare.

Its a huge gamble on his part. He probably believes he has nothing to lose and he's right. He just walks away from being a legend in a small pond for a *chance* to get a shot. In my opinion he's living the Lloyd Christmas "so you're telling me there's a chance" philosophy.

I wish him the best. From what I've been told he's a great kid. But I'd never advise or recommend this move even if it weren't Edinboro losing out.
                  Last edited by Fightingscot82; 01-10-2019, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Sure - but what are the chances that he'll land somewhere that gets him better exposure? He'll only get exposure if he's starting. Its not likely he'll land "upward" and still start. To get looks at any level below FBS you need gonzo stats. He had those at Edinboro. Another big year and he could win the Harlon Hill and be the all-time greatest at Edinboro. A legend. That most likely isn't happening wherever he lands. Sure it stings because I'm an Edinboro football fan, but how many times have kids been able to transfer up and succeed? Its rare.

Its a huge gamble on his part. He probably believes he has nothing to lose and he's right. He just walks away from being a legend in a small pond for a *chance* to get a shot. In my opinion he's living the Lloyd Christmas "so you're telling me there's a chance" philosophy.

Is it confirmed he's moving up? He could just be doing a lateral 'up' to a better program?

Comment

Is it confirmed he's moving up? He could just be doing a lateral 'up' to a better program?
                      Sure could. Hopefully he has some good football minds helping him find a program that fits him. Can't get the stats he needs at a program that will throw 60% of the time. Skill guys need crazy numbers to overcome the bias against "level of competition". Does playing at IUP next year do that for him? I don't think so. IUP arguably has a weaker schedule that Edinboro at this point given that Edinboro will be playing GV and IUP right now doesn't have a non-conference game.

Comment

Moving to a better program kind of defines "moving up"...Right? There's no such thing as a lateral move up...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                          Moving to a better program kind of defines "moving up"...Right? There's no such thing as a lateral move up...
                          Whatever you wanna believe.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                            I think he was referring to lateral move in terms of competition but increased exposure. For example, moving to a program like Ferris, Grand Valley, or somewhere in the GSC or MIAA. Maybe, just maybe, the NEC. His best opportunity would have been somebody like Towson since he's from MD but they're pretty well-stocked at RB.

Comment

Say he doesn't want to be 90% of the team's offense next year and get his brains beat in for a team likely to be .500 at best.

There are lots of 'A List' D2 schools that would roll out the red carpet for him.

We're also all assuming a lot of things. Maybe he doesn't like the coach. Maybe he doesn't like Edinboro. Maybe the cafeteria food sucks. Maybe he doesn't want to play football past college but wants to go out on a winning team. Who knows.

Only factual thing appears to be he's leaving.

A big question would be is if he's leaving as a grad transfer. That opens a whole lot more doors -- potentially in the PSAC West (should he stay in D2). There were some rumblings about him heading to SRU.

Comment

Say he doesn't want to be 90% of the team's offense next year and get his brains beat in for a team likely to be .500 at best.

There are lots of 'A List' D2 schools that would roll out the red carpet for him.

We're also all assuming a lot of things. Maybe he doesn't like the coach. Maybe he doesn't like Edinboro. Maybe the cafeteria food sucks. Maybe he doesn't want to play football past college but wants to go out on a winning team. Who knows.

Only factual thing appears to be he's leaving.

A big question would be is if he's leaving as a grad transfer. That opens a whole lot more doors -- potentially in the PSAC West (should he stay in D2). There were some rumblings about him heading to SRU.
                                Yes. His announcement says he's doing the grad transfer. Wheeling Jesuit replied that they need him :laugh:

https://twitter.com/Freshfletch/stat...39255403196423

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X