Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Off season/ Recruiting/ Boro

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    Ya, to me if he didnt graduate last weekend that makes him transferring much less likely.
    Why? He can just graduate in the spring and still become a ghost. He can work the recruiting part out now. Happens all the time.

Missing the spring won't kill a RB. They learn new systems very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Why? He can just graduate in the spring and still become a ghost. He can work the recruiting part out now. Happens all the time.

Yeah but how many teams at the G5 and FCS level are looking for a starting RB in May?

Hopefully this is all smoke or he reconsiders. He's a Harlon Hill contender and just a few hundred yards short of the all time record at Edinboro. Become a legend in a small pond or take a chance to hopefully get another chance. From what I've seen the last 15 years, gonzo stats at this level get you more visits than a good year at FCS.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        Yeah but how many teams at the G5 and FCS level are looking for a starting RB in May?

Hopefully this is all smoke or he reconsiders. He's a Harlon Hill contender and just a few hundred yards short of the all time record at Edinboro. Become a legend in a small pond or take a chance to hopefully get another chance. From what I've seen the last 15 years, gonzo stats at this level get you more visits than a good year at FCS.

Valid but how much talent is he going to have around him next year? Isn't that line taking major losses? QB is 'iffy' at best.

He may not start from Day 1 but then again he could. RBs get hurt by the hour. And, any school who wants him ... probably doesn't like their current RB much anyway.

Comment

I get what you're saying and agree. But if I was transferring somewhere I've never been I would feel better with a spring under my belt. But agree it's not be all or end all on that. And it seems pretty clear transferring is where his head is at. I didnt pull the names I put for potential landing spots out of thin air.

Comment

Harrison Dreher, Clairton/Lackawanna/ RMU, WR, has SRU, IUP, and Cal
            Locked in with IUP, just what they need a playmaker on offense. Kid was a monster at Clairton, grades out of HS derailed him. His Twitter announcement is impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
              Locked in with IUP, just what they need a playmaker on offense. Kid was a monster at Clairton, grades out of HS derailed him. His Twitter announcement is impressive.
              Another scholar is all we need. Hope that is fixed.

Comment

One of RMU's best players, former Neshannock LB Frank Antuono, announced he's transferring to Westminster. That has to be about proximity. He's a great player so it seems strange to drop down to DIII.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                  One of RMU's best players, former Neshannock LB Frank Antuono, announced he's transferring to Westminster. That has to be about proximity. He's a great player so it seems strange to drop down to DIII.
                  His dad was an All American and won a National title at Westminster in the 80's.

Comment

His dad was an All American and won a National title at Westminster in the 80's.
                    Makes even more sense. Frank's a great kid. I'm sure he'll be great in the PAC.

Comment

Refresh my memory ... why did Westminster briefly join the GLIAC and then leave after just 3 years? Was it a money thing?

Comment

Refresh my memory ... why did Westminster briefly join the GLIAC and then leave after just 3 years? Was it a money thing?
                        They, Geneva, and I believe Waynesburg were a few of the last local holdouts in NAIA. I imagine D2 was the logical move to stay scholarship in sports. I also assume that they ran face first into the Michigan schools and quickly cried "uncle". It was probably a finance thing: they couldn't keep up the scholarship discounting at the GLIAC level and realized their budget and profile better matched D3.

Comment

I'm sure busing all the other sports all the way to Michigan was an issue. It's one thing to do it for football but thats a long way for tennis and lacrosse.

You'd think they wouldve known that going in but being around Edinboro over the years its not a big shock if no one thought of that before hand. I think they only lasted 2 years.

That was before the psac was letting the non state schools in. I think Westminster would be better than Seton Hill. I know at the least the old football alumni care...and it would be some of those old matchups from the 70's and 80's. I think Edinboro played them in a playoff game in 1980?
                          Last edited by EdinboroFB; 12-23-2018, 08:19 PM.

Comment

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/w4YAA...1Q/s-l1600.jpg

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1970_N...ootball_season

Apparently, the playoff game was 1970 not the media guide pic like I thought

Comment

Another scholar is all we need. Hope that is fixed.
                                It's not .... jus sayin

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X