Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Off season/ Recruiting/ Boro

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
    Can that even be considered a step up seeing as though they don't offer scholarships in the Pioneer League and generally they're recruiting high end D2/D3 guys which is why historically the Pioneer teams don't compete well against the better FCS conferences in non league games or the playoffs (since they've recently been included in the automatic berth)
    They've gotten much better. Mostly Dayton and San Diego though.

Comment

https://www.timesreporter.com/sports...for-west-squad

Hopefully this is a kicker who still stay and thrive.

Comment

https://gofightingscots.com/roster.a...&path=football

Comment

I see five previously announced recruits not on that roster. Hopefully they're just waiting for deposits and paperwork to come in.

Comment

Only guy missing that seems like a big loss is Branson Smith at CB. The others seemed like just depth guys...Although RB is down to 4 guys..2 that are true freshman. who knows if any of the 4 are legit RB's yet. Looks like they picked up a DE from RMU that started in 2017. Looks avg but thats an upgrade at one DE spot.

RMU brought in a ton of DL transfers and its showing in guys transferring out. Obviously, a spot RMU felt needed an upgrade.

Comment

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...6/190831IU.pdf

Walter Fletcher is listed as a co-starter for Ball State v. Indiana Saturday at Lucas Oil Stadium on CBSSN

Interesting to see how that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...6/190831IU.pdf

Walter Fletcher is listed as a co-starter for Ball State v. Indiana Saturday at Lucas Oil Stadium on CBSSN

Interesting to see how that goes.
                I saw this earlier. I thought page 12 shows him as being co-2nd string? Either way, I am very happy for Walter!

Comment

Only guy missing that seems like a big loss is Branson Smith at CB. The others seemed like just depth guys...Although RB is down to 4 guys..2 that are true freshman. who knows if any of the 4 are legit RB's yet. Looks like they picked up a DE from RMU that started in 2017. Looks avg but thats an upgrade at one DE spot.

RMU brought in a ton of DL transfers and its showing in guys transferring out. Obviously, a spot RMU felt needed an upgrade.
                  Just saw this about Branson Smith. That stinks because he showed himself to have great upside. If the RMU transfer can focus on what matters he should be a decent addition. RMU is hemorrhaging players with this new coaching staff so expect to see more I-AAA guys filter down to the PSAC.

Tomko named starting QB which seemed likely. Hopefully he can avoid injury and improve his completion rate.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I saw this earlier. I thought page 12 shows him as being co-2nd string? Either way, I am very happy for Walter!
                    You're right. I was skimming through too fast apparently.

Comment

You guys are handling this well. If an IUP star would do what he just did ... have mercy on this board.

The day is coming, although it will likely be in basketball.

Comment

He's gotta start. Otherwise it's just for bragging rights. Not the decision I would have made but I understand his.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          You guys are handling this well. If an IUP star would do what he just did ... have mercy on this board.

The day is coming, although it will likely be in basketball.
                          If Fletcher only rushes for 3-400 as a backup and I didn't see Ardell Brown in the box score at all for UCONN. He may be banged up or something but these two could end up as cautionary tales for future guys. I still don't see it happening very often either way. But I wonder when someone that didn't redshirt will be unhappy as a senior and use the redshirt as a true senior and graduate and play somewhere else.

But D1 is a 5 year running clock as soon as you start (unless that's changed) not the 10 enrolled semesters like d2 so that will keep some guys from being able to transfer up.

As far as being mad about it. I like the rule. Its an incentive to graduate. Coaches like Saban hate it because they want/ and are used to absolute power. Old prick coaches like Bill Snyder at K-st are reasons it happened....they never approved guys transferring anywhere.

Comment

If Fletcher only rushes for 3-400 as a backup and I didn't see Ardell Brown in the box score at all for UCONN. He may be banged up or something but these two could end up as cautionary tales for future guys. I still don't see it happening very often either way. But I wonder when someone that didn't redshirt will be unhappy as a senior and use the redshirt as a true senior and graduate and play somewhere else.

But D1 is a 5 year running clock as soon as you start (unless that's changed) not the 10 enrolled semesters like d2 so that will keep some guys from being able to transfer up.

As far as being mad about it. I like the rule. Its an incentive to graduate. Coaches like Saban hate it because they want/ and are used to absolute power. Old prick coaches like Bill Snyder at K-st are reasons it happened....they never approved guys transferring anywhere.
                            The UCONN QB (from West Florida) had a rough debut. For having a cannon arm they were afraid to let him throw a ball for than 7 yards.

UCONN was real lucky to win that game.

Comment

ETN article on TeNauz Gregory (open in incognito to get past the paywall): https://www.echo-pilot.com/sports/20...ct-at-edinboro

Update on Walter Fletcher at Ball State: https://www.thestarpress.com/story/s...ng/2295943001/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X