X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

I agree. The Steelers already have Rudolph, Dobbs, and the Duck on their QB payroll. Pickett is likely no more than a backup/journeyman NFL QB.

Steelers have some needs in the draft for sure. Probably many revolve around added depth/future needs:

-A stud RB

-A quality QB capable of replacing Big Ben in a few years

-Big and sturdy TE who can actually catch and block

-Restock the O-line with a quality prospect

-Desperate needs for more OLB and ILB. Dupree is likely to leave and he needs replaced. Much more depth is needed after the horrific thinning of these position groups.

-Always could use a talented CB

-Upgrade at S for Edmunds
    They will be a trainwreck soon. Same as the Pens. Total bebuilds.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    I hope Pickett doesn't end up a Steeler. He's just another Rudolph.
    I agree. The Steelers already have Rudolph, Dobbs, and the Duck on their QB payroll. Pickett is likely no more than a backup/journeyman NFL QB.

Steelers have some needs in the draft for sure. Probably many revolve around added depth/future needs:

-A stud RB

-A quality QB capable of replacing Big Ben in a few years

-Big and sturdy TE who can actually catch and block

-Restock the O-line with a quality prospect

-Desperate needs for more OLB and ILB. Dupree is likely to leave and he needs replaced. Much more depth is needed after the horrific thinning of these position groups.

-Always could use a talented CB

-Upgrade at S for Edmunds

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    I hope Pickett doesn't end up a Steeler. He's just another Rudolph.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Pickett also hasn't ruled out coming back next year. I'd love to see them get an actual full season out of him.

If he leaves this year, he'll get drafted. But, it will be in the 6th or 7th round. If he could play a full season next year at Pitt ... his stock could possibly rise to a Round 3.

We saw it this year ... they are a completely different team with him. I think they lost all three games he missed.

I agree the Duz shouldn't be let go (nor will he with that buyout). While he is maddening at times, a rebuild or reset isn't the answer. He has his highest ranked class yet lined up (not that it really means anything yet until the paper is signed).

The freshman WR (Addison) will likely make the Freshmen All-America team. He's special. I really hope Pickett stays one more year. Recall his actual 'freshman' year was one game. They had to burn his redshirt to play Miami in the finale (which he won). It's a shame that was the rule at the time. So, playing-wise and developmentally, this was really his junior season.
    All Excellent Points! H2P!

Yeah, I hear ya----I really hope Pickett comes back for another year. Agree he could really raise his draft stock with a solid season next year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Consistency is good. The W/L% isn't great but that keeps a program from embarrassment. Much more likely for them to go from 7-5 to 9-3 than to start over with a new staff, a new QB to match the scheme, etc. At least Pickett was a homegrown QB rather than their usual '2 and done' QB transfer program.

Did we miss that Kenny Pickett's parents are PSAC alumni? Dad played football at Ship and mom played soccer at Kutztown. Sister played soccer at Doudsburg.

Pickett also hasn't ruled out coming back next year. I'd love to see them get an actual full season out of him.

If he leaves this year, he'll get drafted. But, it will be in the 6th or 7th round. If he could play a full season next year at Pitt ... his stock could possibly rise to a Round 3.

We saw it this year ... they are a completely different team with him. I think they lost all three games he missed.

I agree the Duz shouldn't be let go (nor will he with that buyout). While he is maddening at times, a rebuild or reset isn't the answer. He has his highest ranked class yet lined up (not that it really means anything yet until the paper is signed).

The freshman WR (Addison) will likely make the Freshmen All-America team. He's special. I really hope Pickett stays one more year. Recall his actual 'freshman' year was one game. They had to burn his redshirt to play Miami in the finale (which he won). It's a shame that was the rule at the time. So, playing-wise and developmentally, this was really his junior season.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Narduzzi has made Pitt a very consistent 6-7 win team.

He also lost two games this year by two combined points.

Sometimes it just is what it is. PSAC football comparison ... Pitt is Mercyhurst. Capable of a big upset but usually a game above .500

Whipple needs put on a raft down the Ohio.
    Consistency is good. The W/L% isn't great but that keeps a program from embarrassment. Much more likely for them to go from 7-5 to 9-3 than to start over with a new staff, a new QB to match the scheme, etc. At least Pickett was a homegrown QB rather than their usual '2 and done' QB transfer program.

Did we miss that Kenny Pickett's parents are PSAC alumni? Dad played football at Ship and mom played soccer at Kutztown. Sister played soccer at Doudsburg.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

Poor Gus is crying all the way to the bank.

$21 big ones and he's done with that fanbase and circus of an administration. If he wants to ... he could have a job by XMAS.

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied
    Check what Auburn gave Gus to 'go away'

Lol ... staggering amount of money ($21.7m).
    Poor Gus is crying all the way to the bank.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Check what Auburn gave Gus to 'go away'

Lol ... staggering amount of money ($21.7m).

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Sometimes it just is what it is. PSAC football comparison ... Pitt is Mercyhurst. Capable of a big upset but usually a game above .500

I certainly would hate to see the Pitt brass pull the plug on Narduzzi's special brand of mediocrity.

Whipple absolutely needs shown the door. They need to lure Matt Canada back. What is Junior doing these days? Maybe they could return him to Oakland?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Yeah, I think he gets a pass this season with all things considered. But I think one more lackluster season and he will be in real trouble.
    I agree. I'm biased because I would like to see coaches given opportunities to adjust their plan. Too many schools throwing away millions in their own kind of retail therapy.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    USC at UCLA ... classic.
    Darn, I forgot this was even on. I seemed to have moved on from college football to hoops. I always enjoy Trojans-Bruins mixing it up out in LA.

Does Clay Helton keep his job? I'd say that he should as they are unbeaten. But there was sure a lot of smoke early on about his seat being red hot.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I don't think so mostly because he's owed a lot of money. I also think most coaches should get a pass for this season. Pitt needs continuity and you only get that with stability on the coaching staff. Narduzzi is far from perfect but he's not a bad coach either.
    Yeah, I think he gets a pass this season with all things considered. But I think one more lackluster season and he will be in real trouble.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

LOL. Hello, you PLAY to WIN the GAME!

Any chance Pitt moves on from Narduzzi? 6-5 is year six is not that impressive. Granted it was a tough year for everybody. I would probably bring him back all things considered and with the fat contract---but I would make a move if there were a homerun obvious choice for an upgrade.
    I don't think so mostly because he's owed a lot of money. I also think most coaches should get a pass for this season. Pitt needs continuity and you only get that with stability on the coaching staff. Narduzzi is far from perfect but he's not a bad coach either.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X