Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPNation
    replied
    There will be burning couches in Morgantown tonight…

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Madden said thankfully he's out of eligibility so nobody else can provide a stage for him to fail miserably
    Dude has the perfect Yinzer Hunkie last name to be a star in The Yinzerlands but he looks either wound so tight or he’s playing scared. But that 4th down play was bad coaching…

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    That was an awful play on 4th down.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Sean McDonough is incredulous over how bad he is and is practically begging Narduzzi to pull him.
    Madden said thankfully he's out of eligibility so nobody else can provide a stage for him to fail miserably

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Can Jurcovek transfer to Clarion next or is he done? Good Lord. He wouldn't start at IUP.
    Sean McDonough is incredulous over how bad he is and is practically begging Narduzzi to pull him.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    The Oakland Academy of Remedial Sciences doesn’t look very good. Hillbilly High just sucks less than they do.
    The Napoleon Complex Society of Oakland will have more excuses than Tort tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    The Oakland Academy of Remedial Sciences doesn’t look very good. Hillbilly High just sucks less than they do.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Can Jurcovek transfer to Clarion next or is he done? Good Lord. He wouldn't start at IUP.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    PJ is awful

Thank God he has been to so many schools he can't come to IUP next year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Gotta love when ABC doesn't cut off for Pitt/WVU.

Like anybody in Western PA gives a F about Alabama vs S. Fla

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

That said, the 'duz has to win that game at home.
    Cincy fans would say “Satterfield has to win that game against Pitt” if they would have lost. Cincy is a good program. So is Pitt. The margin between almost all of these teams is razor thin.

But all that said, I didn’t like almost anything I saw there yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

There are a couple of losses like this every season for Pitt. No I expect them to upset Florida State and somehow have a chance at a division title on Thanksgiving weekend, LOL.

In all seriousness, this is a killer schedule for Pitt. After the Backyard Brawl they have a very good UNC team (better than Cincy) at home before going to Virginia Tech, which is a very tough place to play. After Louisville at home and Wake Forest on the road (both winnable), they play at Notre Dame and then host Florida State who could be ranked in the top three. They should beat Syracuse and Boston College but then they have to play at Duke in the finale. I’m thinking a 6-6 record is likely with a high water mark of 7-5. If it really goes bad they could be 5-7.
    No more divisions in the ACC! Only one year of that and then they have to create some new structure again for when the 3 new teams come in LOL

As someone who follows Pitt pretty closely, they’ve done decently well avoiding ‘bad’ losses under Narduzzi. People always point to the Western Michigan loss in 2021. I’m not a huge intangible guy, but I don’t think they go on the run they did if they didn’t lose that game. I sort of look at that like the 2016 Penn State season where they lost to Pitt and Michigan and then kinda got going after. I don’t expect them to go 10-2 every year. I think he’s gotten them to a point where they have an 8 win floor most years, which, for most programs, that’s pretty good. It’s hard to win 8 games.

That said, their QB play yesterday was extremely concerning. And I came away thinking they have the looks of a 7-5 team. To be fair, everyone will point to Cincy being picked 13th in the Big 12, but that’s not going be true at all. Cincy’s recruited really well and has a good program. They have two absolute monsters on the DL (the NT is an all-American) who caused havoc all day. They’ll win games in the Big 12.

My concern coming into the season was that they had immense turnover on defense for the first time in 4 years. They were breaking in 6 new starters, the most for them since 2019. In that span, Pitt has had an elite defense and has led the country in sacks. But I feared it would take some real time for this group (who has talent on it) to gel. The question was always going to be, “could the offense score enough as the new look defense was finding their footing?”

I think this just kind of looks like a retooling year for them.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by TDBoi8136 View Post
    I want to see Holy Cross knock off another FBS opponent for the 3rd year in a row. When's the last time an FCS team had a win streak against the FBS?
    North Dakota State had a 6 game streak until they lost to Arizona last year 31-28.

2010: Kansas 6-3 (lol)
    2011: Minnesota 37-24
    2012: Colorado State 22-7
    2013: Kansas State 24-21
    2014: Iowa State 34-14
    2016: Iowa 23-21

Next season they open at Colorado. Should be great. Next scheduled FBS game after that is Oregon in 2028.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

That said, the 'duz has to win that game at home.
    There are a couple of losses like this every season for Pitt. No I expect them to upset Florida State and somehow have a chance at a division title on Thanksgiving weekend, LOL.

In all seriousness, this is a killer schedule for Pitt. After the Backyard Brawl they have a very good UNC team (better than Cincy) at home before going to Virginia Tech, which is a very tough place to play. After Louisville at home and Wake Forest on the road (both winnable), they play at Notre Dame and then host Florida State who could be ranked in the top three. They should beat Syracuse and Boston College but then they have to play at Duke in the finale. I’m thinking a 6-6 record is likely with a high water mark of 7-5. If it really goes bad they could be 5-7.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Originally posted by TDBoi8136 View Post
    I want to see Holy Cross knock off another FBS opponent for the 3rd year in a row. When's the last time an FCS team had a win streak against the FBS?
    Unfortunately, Boston College held on for the win, thanks in part of a rather lengthy weather delay. I saw unfortunate because BC has been such a joke the past few seasons, I was rooting for them to lose to their neighbors from Worcester.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X