• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

So basically he’s Al Bundy.

I guess he’ll be selling shoes at the Ross Park Mall and married to a red head with big hair.
    Well, he was a superstar at nearby Pine-Richland (what seems like a decade ago). Pitt recruited him then but had no chance. He went to Notre Dame. That didn't work. He went to Boston College. He was OK. Now he's at Pitt. So, the third time Narduzzi recruited him he actually got him.

He looks lost, old and slow. They are likely to get smacked by North Carolina this week. If that happens (and Pitt drops to 1-3) he'll have to sit him. This better be a 'come to Jesus' moment this Saturday in Oakland.

p.s. WVU playing Sweet Caroline was incredible on the trolling scale.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Came here to say the same thing. Honestly can't think of someone so successful in high school to do just about nothing in college since Mike Vernillo at Fort Cherry.
    So basically he’s Al Bundy.

I guess he’ll be selling shoes at the Ross Park Mall and married to a red head with big hair.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Question is will Pitt stick with the local boy?

This has the looks of a real ugly season in Oakland.
    The Nard-dawg said he’ll start the next game so i seriously doubt he changes his mind between now and then. The leash has to be extremely short though. I don’t know how it’s possible in this day and age of football being geared toward offensive success that a guy, a 6th year senior no less, can go 18 for 52 over a two game stretch.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    Mixed bag for the Big 12 today:

THE GOOD:
    Hillbilly High somehow beat Fail to Pitt 17-6 in a win that might have saved Neal Brown's job, unfortunately
    BYU somehow came into Fayette-nam and beat Arkansas 38-31

THE BAD:
    Kansas State losing on the road to perennial SEC dreg UMo-Columbia 30-27 on a 61 yard field goal on the last play of the game
    Texas struggling for three quarters against Wyoming, but somehow pulling away late (it would've been a lot more enjoyable if Wyoming pulled off the upset of the century, but at least Wyoming covered the spread)

THE UGLY:
    Oklahoma State losing to South Alabama (Sun Belt) at home 33-7
    Iowa State losing on the road to Ohio (not State) University 10-7
    Cincinnati forgetting that they're a Power Five program in a home overtime loss to Miami-Ohio 31-24

Not gonna lie, but the Big 12 is going to suck this season.
    The transfer portal and power 5 era have not been kind to the MAC, but it wasn't all that rare in the past to see them pull of an upset of a P5 program. Randy Walker's Miami, Ohio, team was the only team to beat Northwestern's 1995 Big 10 champions during the regular season. That Northwestern team beat Notre Dame, Michigan and Penn State that year.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Surely they won’t/can’t. I can’t say I know a lot about Pitt football but from what I understand he’s lost the confidence of the team and clearly the fan base has had enough. You can’t make decisions based on what the fan base wants but the Pittsburgh market can make a lot of noise and become an even bigger distraction. It’s what everyone was talking about today at every turn, and that’s just here in Indiana.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post

What a meteoric fall from grace. Does everyone reminder when PJ went to Norte Dame and everyone (okay, a few radio media personalities) thought he could be the heir apparent to Big Ben?

It seems like he peaked at Boston College, got injured, and has never been the same. It feels like he just hit rock bottom. I know he’s Pitt’s number one guy, but I don’t know how you can keep playing someone who is playing that bad.

Going from the hometown hero to zero has got to be hard to swallow for him.
    Came here to say the same thing. Honestly can't think of someone so successful in high school to do just about nothing in college since Mike Vernillo at Fort Cherry.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

WVU DB said after the game they knew PJ "wasn't very good at his job"
    Ouch!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Keep in mind that West Virginia’s defense isn’t very good. They gave up 17 to Duquesne! The 38 to Penn State is a different matter on the road against a top-tier team, but to give up 17 to Duquesne but only 6 to Pitt is pretty amazing. Maybe they could also play The City Game on the football field?

When the WVU starting QB went down I thought for sure Pitt was in the driver’s seat. Giving up almost two bills on the ground didn’t help. WVU does have one of the best O-lines in the country though and a pretty good back in Donaldson, to be fair. Sadly, the WVU backup outperformed PJ by going 6-9 with 1 TD and ZERO picks. That was the difference.
    WVU DB said after the game they knew PJ "wasn't very good at his job"

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Keep in mind that West Virginia’s defense isn’t very good. They gave up 17 to Duquesne! The 38 to Penn State is a different matter on the road against a top-tier team, but to give up 17 to Duquesne but only 6 to Pitt is pretty amazing. Maybe they could also play The City Game on the football field?

When the WVU starting QB went down I thought for sure Pitt was in the driver’s seat. Giving up almost two bills on the ground didn’t help. WVU does have one of the best O-lines in the country though and a pretty good back in Donaldson, to be fair. Sadly, the WVU backup outperformed PJ by going 6-9 with 1 TD and ZERO picks. That was the difference.

Leave a comment:

• IUsuallyPonder
    replied
    PJ is awful

Thank God he has been to so many schools he can't come to IUP next year.

What a meteoric fall from grace. Does everyone reminder when PJ went to Norte Dame and everyone (okay, a few radio media personalities) thought he could be the heir apparent to Big Ben?

It seems like he peaked at Boston College, got injured, and has never been the same. It feels like he just hit rock bottom. I know he’s Pitt’s number one guy, but I don’t know how you can keep playing someone who is playing that bad.

Going from the hometown hero to zero has got to be hard to swallow for him.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigCat2192
    replied
    Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

THE GOOD:
    Hillbilly High somehow beat Fail to Pitt 17-6 in a win that might have saved Neal Brown's job, unfortunately

THE BAD:
    Kansas State losing on the road to perennial SEC dreg UMo-Columbia 30-27 on a 61 yard field goal on the last play of the game
    Texas struggling for three quarters against Wyoming, but somehow pulling away late (it would've been a lot more enjoyable if Wyoming pulled off the upset of the century, but at least Wyoming covered the spread)

THE UGLY:
    Cincinnati forgetting that they're a Power Five program in a home overtime loss to Miami-Ohio 31-24

Don’t forget that future Big 12 program Colorado is currently trailing an MWC squad that hasn’t had a winning record in 6 years.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied

THE GOOD:

THE BAD:

THE UGLY:

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Cincy fans would say “Satterfield has to win that game against Pitt” if they would have lost. Cincy is a good program. So is Pitt. The margin between almost all of these teams is razor thin.

But all that said, I didn’t like almost anything I saw there yesterday.
    That would be the same Cincinnati who lost to Miami-Ohio 31-24 in overtime at home, correct?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    There will be burning couches in Morgantown tonight…
    S.O.P.

PJ plays like a freshman ... not a 32-year-old.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X