Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monte's Catering Co.
    replied
    I won't argue the score as I think this matchup is usually a close game. However, two things Shepherd does reasonably well is (A)O-Line protecting Bagent combined with quick plays and (B) keeping the run game in check. If you had said, Big Irv and Touchdown Brown were going to have big days, I would agree with you 100%. I just don't see 250 yards on the ground.

Leave a comment:

• IUPFOOTBALLALUM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPHAWKS7 View Post

do i need to tell you who my dad is???!
    Shhhhh, let them think they know but we all know they are the joke!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Should be a great game. I think it might come down to who is playing for IUP between injuries & protocol.
    We won't get a peep on either until warm-ups start tomorrow.

I'd be shocked if Houser plays. That's a big ask for a RB to come back a week later. If he's questionable perhaps they dress him just in case. I've heard mixed thoughts on Kelly -- some say he's playing and some say he isn't.

Streater and (2) reserve LBs return tomorrow -- pending any surprises. Obviously, Streater is a massive addition. The two LBs should help on special teams and certainly provide more depth at the position than we had a week ago.

Reserve WRs Hardy and Mumford both had boots on and didn't dress last week. I doubt we see either tomorrow.

The QB2 is a major concern tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Should be a great game. I think it might come down to who is playing for IUP between injuries & protocol.

Leave a comment:

• Big Hawk15
    replied
    Originally posted by Rambaseball View Post
    It still seems kind of hard to assess where these teams actually are after such a long lay off. I'll with Shepherd wins by more than a touchdown if:

No issues with special teams which may be the big killer for the Rams

Penalties especially unsportsmanlike penalties

They protect Tyson

Can run the ball some

Keep IUP off the field

Receivers can get open

Good Luck guys should be a good one

SU 41 IUP 31
    Bold score prediction, Both teams will be ready to go, I think IUPs offense will have a field day! IUP 38 Shep 31

Leave a comment:

• Rambaseball
    replied
    It still seems kind of hard to assess where these teams actually are after such a long lay off. I'll with Shepherd wins by more than a touchdown if:

No issues with special teams which may be the big killer for the Rams

Penalties especially unsportsmanlike penalties

They protect Tyson

Can run the ball some

Keep IUP off the field

Receivers can get open

Good Luck guys should be a good one

SU 41 IUP 31

Leave a comment:

• Big Hawk15
    replied
    Originally posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post

Well, plenty of those points were scored on four and five deep guys so I wouldn't use that as your argument. What you can use is IUP is a very strong physical team against a smaller quicker defense. If IUP can get the lead early and stick to their game plan of long sustained drives, they'll get the win. If they dig themselves a hole, well that plays to Shepherd's game plan.

I agree with that If the hawks can run the ball they definitely have the edge In this game, I hope to see a physical game on the ground.

Leave a comment:

• Monte's Catering Co.
    replied
    Well, plenty of those points were scored on four and five deep guys so I wouldn't use that as your argument. What you can use is IUP is a very strong physical team against a smaller quicker defense. If IUP can get the lead early and stick to their game plan of long sustained drives, they'll get the win. If they dig themselves a hole, well that plays to Shepherd's game plan.

Leave a comment:

• Monte's Catering Co.
    replied
    Gontarek isn't small, but unless your bigger better corners can press little man Beach at the line, his quickness is going to wreak havoc all game long.
    This is your typical Shepherd- IUP matchup of quickness vs. size and strength. So far Shepherd has done enough to squeeze more games out.
    IUP will need to be very successful in sustaining long drives and keeping Bagent off the field. These games are always so close that it usually comes down to who makes less mistakes. Turnovers and personal fouls are the two areas here.

Leave a comment:

• IUPHAWKS7
    replied
    do i need to tell you who my dad is???!

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonHawkAlum
    replied
    GO HAWKS.
    35-31 IUP

Leave a comment:

• Big Hawk15
    replied