X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

A couple takeaways from this. It's good to see IUP coming down in line with the others. Also, the one outlier is WCU's housing and room and board cost. How do they do that?
    Well they still have a lot of dumpy old dorms. Do they charge more for the new ones built?

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Cost breakdown for each school (can someone imbed it in here? can't figure that out)

https://infogram.com/state-tuitions-1h984worxkxez6p
    Are they seriously charging that much for a Friggen dorm room?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Manipulation of numbers. WCU like many others has "university owned" housing and "affiliated housing" run by their foundation. Not one "affiliated" housing option fits within the numbers on this chart.
    Imagine that ... the walk-ons manipulating numbers. I seem to have heard that one before.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

A couple takeaways from this. It's good to see IUP coming down in line with the others. Also, the one outlier is WCU's housing and room and board cost. How do they do that?
    Manipulation of numbers. WCU like many others has "university owned" housing and "affiliated housing" run by their foundation. Not one "affiliated" housing option fits within the numbers on this chart.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Cost breakdown for each school (can someone imbed it in here? can't figure that out)

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I forget ... is this Year 1 or Year 2 of the triad athletic departments?

Curious to hear from those with any direct knowledge how that is playing out.
    Year 1. I honestly haven't heard anything related to administration/oversight. All three athletics websites still say XX University.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I forget ... is this Year 1 or Year 2 of the triad athletic departments?

Curious to hear from those with any direct knowledge how that is playing out.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Bad Walk On’s!!

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    NCAA trouble at West Chester: https://www.inquirer.com/news/west-c...-20221209.html

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    IUP also cutting out of state tuition by 20%. Full-time tuition for an out of state student is almost half of in-state tuition at Penn State.

https://triblive.com/local/regional/...ergrads-by-20/

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

The IRMC relationship is what it's all about. Plus, it's right there. From what I've read they have a lot of innovative things going on there relative to "rural medicine." I read a IG article about a month ago that was about a psychiatry unit in collaboration with IUP with a focus on "rural medicine." I think this has potential. They are situated to do it. They could even get federal support if done in the right way.
    As long as Harrisburg doesn’t let any of the other schools try to
    poach on this.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I agree. I was thinking UPMC has the resources to help. Heck I’d love to see Penn Medicine be the partner.
    The IRMC relationship is what it's all about. Plus, it's right there. From what I've read they have a lot of innovative things going on there relative to "rural medicine." I read a IG article about a month ago that was about a psychiatry unit in collaboration with IUP with a focus on "rural medicine." I think this has potential. They are situated to do it. They could even get federal support if done in the right way.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

It's all in partnership with IRMC. IUP and IRMC have been working together on a lot of things. This would benefit both the hospital and the university (bigly).
    I agree. I was thinking UPMC has the resources to help. Heck I’d love to see Penn Medicine be the partner.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    If they can create a school of osteopathic medicine focused on rural medicine, I think there's absolutely an opportunity there to thrive. Indiana hospital being independent helps some - but the big systems are starting to buy up the small town hospitals. Starting a medical school - even an osteopathic school - is a huge undertaking and takes a ton of money. Duquesne is spending over $150 million in facility needs alone. RMU committed to the plan in 2005 and lost millions spent on hiring and designs for a plan that stalled out. Their estimated startup cost was $25 million in 2005 then $50 million in 2007. They officially gave up in 2009.

Its good that this plan is in the very early stages because IUP will have to find a lot of partners and a lot of money. Fortunately it sounds like IUP has a somewhat unique strategy - but they better have a clear path forward or it could severely hurt the university. But should it work, it would be a boon for IUP being seen as more than the senior state school.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X