Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The truth always hurts.

:-)
    You seem to have lived your life in a perpetual cycle of "hurt."

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Yep. IUP is still somewhat structured as a smaller research university. They reduced down from how they were structured when they were at 15,000 students. Now they're about 9,000 students and many of their graduate programs are hurting. 35 academic departments for a 9,000 student school is a waste because that's 35 professors who get paid extra to be department chair on top of teaching fewer classes plus departmental office support staff. That new science building is simply stunning (although maybe not yet finished because the construction fencing was still up in the back a few weeks ago?) and is instantly a great asset on the level of the KCAC but its the other areas of the university that are flagging. IUP was first of the PASSHE in a lot of things for a long time but that is no longer the case. They have to operate as just another PASSHE campus but with PhD programs.
    The part about the state intervening is probably inevitable and might be the best thing for IUP.

IUP lost its independence 40 years ago when the state intervened to the detriment of the university. The resources that are there might be better utilized under state control.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Like IUP being $10 MILLION in the red?

https://www.thepenn.org/news/iup-sti...0574a6bd2.html
    Yep. IUP is still somewhat structured as a smaller research university. They reduced down from how they were structured when they were at 15,000 students. Now they're about 9,000 students and many of their graduate programs are hurting. 35 academic departments for a 9,000 student school is a waste because that's 35 professors who get paid extra to be department chair on top of teaching fewer classes plus departmental office support staff. That new science building is simply stunning (although maybe not yet finished because the construction fencing was still up in the back a few weeks ago?) and is instantly a great asset on the level of the KCAC but its the other areas of the university that are flagging. IUP was first of the PASSHE in a lot of things for a long time but that is no longer the case. They have to operate as just another PASSHE campus but with PhD programs.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied

The truth always hurts.

Like IUP being $10 MILLION in the red?

https://www.thepenn.org/news/iup-sti...0574a6bd2.html

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Hahahahaha...uh-huh...OK??!!
    The truth always hurts.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

We don’t spread false narratives. We are the adults.
    Hahahahaha...uh-huh...OK??!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Easy lol. You may be referring to The Donald as (sitting) President again soon.
    You underestimate how many more people despise him than those who think he’s so great.

He’s a dementia patient.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

Let's please get back to PASSHE and sports-related topics so I'm not reminded about the increasing stupidity abroad in the U.S.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Or you can identify as Orange, instigate an insurrection, spread false narratives and never face a day in jail and still try to get the job back that you stole in 2016 with Russian help

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

That is rich coming from a Democrat of you ilk!
    We don’t spread false narratives. We are the adults.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Even in the 80s church was a formal affair (at least in the Catholic world). Sunday now looks like a combination of, hell, I don't even know. Growing up in that era it still makes me cringe to see Joey Yinzer wearing a Bubby Brister jersey to church. The modern theory is "we're just happy you're here."
    Sunday Best In The Yinzerlands = Clean Stillers Jersey.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied

Pretty rich coming from either party at this point. It's time we get an age maximum in there, same as we have a minimum age. Should be a public office standard where you can only run if you are between 25-69 years of age.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Or you can identify as Orange, instigate an insurrection, spread false narratives and never face a day in jail and still try to get the job back that you stole in 2016 with Russian help

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

You do see that sentiment online everywhere. They post how they always dressed up to go shopping. I remember seeing women in curlers at the supermarket in the early 70’s. It’s the equivalent of going shopping in pajamas today.
    Even in the 80s church was a formal affair (at least in the Catholic world). Sunday now looks like a combination of, hell, I don't even know. Growing up in that era it still makes me cringe to see Joey Yinzer wearing a Bubby Brister jersey to church. The modern theory is "we're just happy you're here."

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
    No boomer I know, especially the three who were Vietnam veterans, thinks of the '50s and '60s as the good ol' days. That is largely social media b.s.

By the way, you don't have two over-the-hill boomers running for president. Biden at 81 is part of the so-called Silent Generation.

Anybody born in the '60s is not of my generation as far as I'm concerned, but that's not the way they classify it.
    You do see that sentiment online everywhere. They post how they always dressed up to go shopping. I remember seeing women in curlers at the supermarket in the early 70’s. It’s the equivalent of going shopping in pajamas today.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X