Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    They probably don't have money to do that...U of Scranton is a very successful private school.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• complaint_hopeful
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

You know who doesn't give a hoot? Dan Greenstein doesn't give a hoot about the athletics aspect of it. I don't think I'm being unrealistic. I hope I'm wrong but I think I'm seeing things realistically.
    He cares primarily about the schools survival I'd say...and as long as athletics has a positive roi, he'll want them.

That said, I think there's an expectation that Greenstein is designing this all and the one that contacts the ncaa, etc. This is largely on the Triads themselves and the consultants hired.

Because of some of the horrible financial projections, passhe kind of panicked and moved this forward very quick. Like, these Triads shouldn't be going live this soon. This should have been a multi-year planning process and implementation imo.

The athletics and middlestates decisions are a ramification of that. I really don't think there is malicious intent. I think they're panicked as a bunch of schools have no reserves and are projected to lose millions over future years.

Now, the question I ask is - Between special funding for the integration and savings from the pension funding...could they have used that money differently and avoided this all?

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

We don't know what the end result of this will really be. The NCAA doesn't give a hoot about the PA legislature. Speaking of which, the legislature is one of the major reasons this whole consolidation plan is necessary. If the legislature had properly funded PASSHE schools, the situation would not nearly be as bad as it is...
    You know who doesn't give a hoot? Dan Greenstein doesn't give a hoot about the athletics aspect of it. I don't think I'm being unrealistic. I hope I'm wrong but I think I'm seeing things realistically.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied

Ok, well a law has been put in place by the PA legislature enabling this process. The BOG has approved a plan that covered something like 450 pages. Tell me, do you think there is not enough info to get a ruling from the NCAA?
    We don't know what the end result of this will really be. The NCAA doesn't give a hoot about the PA legislature. Speaking of which, the legislature is one of the major reasons this whole consolidation plan is necessary. If the legislature had properly funded PASSHE schools, the situation would not nearly be as bad as it is...

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied

Yes. I understand the current situation. I also believe that anything can be negotiated. I do not believe for a second that this could not have been presented to the NCAA stating that we need an answer based on what we have in order to move forward.

Of course, there are details to be worked out for consolidation. However, there is enough structure already in place for the NCAA to communicate yay or nay. I believe that. I believe Greenstein did not try hard enough. Or, that he knows the answer is going to derail his plans.
    You really think the NCAA is that accommodating?! Believe what you want but I think your expectations are a tad unrealistic.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Fixed your post for you.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Fixed your post for you.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...KYINDQGKH3LAY/

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post

I was thinking in the year 2525, if the PSAC is still alive.
    good one ...... if Bloomsburg can survive.

Leave a comment:

• complaint_hopeful
    replied
    He says "I am hopeful" and "I am optimistic" but there is nothing concrete in that statement.
    I'll say this: I'm way more concerned about how other aspects of these mergers will work more than I am athletics. I think the athletics stuff will work out fairly easily compared to other aspects.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied

Penn State in '28 bumper stickers all over the commonwealth
    I was thinking in the year 2525, if the PSAC is still alive.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post
    The PSAC could have 1 athletic program for all 90,000 students and join the BIG 10.
    Penn State in '28 bumper stickers all over the commonwealth

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    The PSAC could have 1 athletic program for all 90,000 students and join the BIG 10.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    He says "I am hopeful" and "I am optimistic" but there is nothing concrete in that statement.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X