The Shamokin campus of Luzerne CC is probably the closest to any Commonwealth campus (Bloomsburg).
Again, these agreements are pretty common, and don't really have a history of improving CC transfer enrollment. It just makes the actual transfer process easier. Usually a student can find out before they apply which credits will transfer, but with these generally all credits with a C grade or higher transfer as "something".
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
PASSHE Institutions Merging
Collapse
Support The Site!
Collapse
X
-
Correct. I don't know what the satellites are like or where they are. However, if you look at the map in the link below it shows that the I-80 schools + Mansfield are not served by the community college system at all. I find that interesting because the original mission of the PASSHE and the community colleges has coverage of the entire state as a foundational goal.Originally posted by Bart View Post
Guessing Luzerne County CC with 7 satellite centers.
Actually, for the Commonwealth schools and Clarion this should give them an advantage in recruitment, right? Also, in light of the alleged vocational orientation of Commonwealth, those schools (that school) should be able to grow into a hybrid 4 yr. university/2 yr. community college. I think that would give them a niche.
https://pacommunitycolleges.org/find...unity-college/
Leave a comment:
-
Since WACC became Penn College (how many years ago?), what is the nearest CC to Commonwealth University?Originally posted by Bart View Posthttps://www.pennlive.com/education/2...-students.html
"Pennsylvania’s 10 state universities and 15 community colleges have pledged to strengthen their relationship to make it easier for students to transfer between them"....and
"establishes a reverse transfer agreement allowing state university students to transfer back to a community college, and allocates financial aid at the universities for community college graduates"
One big happy family.
Leave a comment:
-
Do they know they value of PASSHE? I wonder. What is the state allocating for the system this year — I believe the last figure I saw was something north of $500 million. Sounds like a lot until I notice that Northwestern is considering an $800 million renovation of its football stadium, and $400 million of that is largely coming from one donor. Harvard recently received a donation of $300 million from one guy. So there's an example of two wealthy guys providing more money to two schools than the entire state of Pennsylvania provides to a 14-school university system. Public higher education is in big trouble in our state.Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
For a while I thought it was a ruse by the chancellor to say something like 'hey we're making harsh changes - give us more money' because if so, that kind of worked with Wolf & the previous legislature. PA Republicans in the legislature know the value of PASSHE and like to think a lot of reform is happening. But now I think that its clear the plan isn't working (or there really is a lack of a true plan beyond consolidation) that this is just a way to deflect from the anxiety & response to a full closure.
Leave a comment:
-
https://www.pennlive.com/education/2...-students.html
"Pennsylvania’s 10 state universities and 15 community colleges have pledged to strengthen their relationship to make it easier for students to transfer between them"....and
"establishes a reverse transfer agreement allowing state university students to transfer back to a community college, and allocates financial aid at the universities for community college graduates"
One big happy family.
Leave a comment:
-
For a while I thought it was a ruse by the chancellor to say something like 'hey we're making harsh changes - give us more money' because if so, that kind of worked with Wolf & the previous legislature. PA Republicans in the legislature know the value of PASSHE and like to think a lot of reform is happening. But now I think that its clear the plan isn't working (or there really is a lack of a true plan beyond consolidation) that this is just a way to deflect from the anxiety & response to a full closure.Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
I've always seen the triads as the last ditch 'we tried everything' CYA before they start closing some doors.
Leave a comment:
-
I've always seen the triads as the last ditch 'we tried everything' CYA before they start closing some doors.Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
I actually think this was a workaround to close campuses. Only the legislature can close a university but now the six are just campuses. Chancellor Dan can close Clarion and Mansfield with an email.
Leave a comment:
-
I think it would have to be introduced by Indiana-area legislators (I know this is delving into the highly theoretical).Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View PostIn all honesty, if enrollment continues to plummet, I think it's only a matter of time that legislators start challenging IUP's immunity. So IUP may be the main hub but not the main campus or entity.
Leave a comment:
-
In all honesty, if enrollment continues to plummet, I think it's only a matter of time that legislators start challenging IUP's immunity. So IUP may be the main hub but not the main campus or entity.
Leave a comment:
-
I'm not going to explain it.Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
That would be like giving cancer to IUP.
Why should IUP throw them
a lifeline?
Leave a comment:
-
That would be like giving cancer to IUP.Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
I have never thought that the goals of the Western merger were to grow solvent and self-sustaining universities. That's not going to happen. The purpose is much closer to managing the demise of the schools.
This is after one year. Where will it all go? Who knows?
I will say that the realignment of the academic schools is similar to IUP's structure. I have no idea if it is possible but I would be in favor of PennWest merging with IUP (with IUP as the parent school). I am biased, of course, but I think it would be one viable outcome in Western PA.
Why should IUP throw them
a lifeline?
Leave a comment:
Ad3
Collapse
Leave a comment: