Boro's Z Hendrick invited to Chicago Bears mini camp
    and
    Hurst's Redwood gett'n a looksee by the Cardinals

Re: Gett'n a shot

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
    Boro's Z Hendrick invited to Chicago Bears mini camp
    and
    Hurst's Redwood gett'n a looksee by the Cardinals
    Nydair Rouse from WCU given a Tryout with the Packers.

Comment

Comment

Shepherd's Dejuan Neal (DB) invited to Tampa Bay's mini camp.

Comment

Kutztown's Craig Reynold invited to the Redskins rookie camp.

Comment

What happened to that Gannon kid, Marc Jones?

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
              What happened to that Gannon kid, Marc Jones?
              If he doesn't get at a minimum a rookie camp tryout invite then I think you'll see more PSAC top tier RB's use that graduate transfer rule to move on up to a FCS/FBS program to gain better exposure and possibly increase their odds of getting at least a rookie camp invite.

Comment

I can't find anything. There is another DII player named Marcus Jones who signed with Baltimore so that muddles the search a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                  If he doesn't get at a minimum a rookie camp tryout invite then I think you'll see more PSAC top tier RB's use that graduate transfer rule to move on up to a FCS/FBS program to gain better exposure and possibly increase their odds of getting at least a rookie camp invite.
                  I don't think it's a matter of exposure. I have never thought he was quick enough.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                    I don't think it's a matter of exposure. I have never thought he was quick enough.
                    RBs are a dime a dozen at the NFL level. If he was good enough they'd have found him. If he ran slow 40 times at brief tryouts in front of even low-level scouts ... end of the story.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Wes Hills is in rookie mini-camp with the Seahawks

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          RBs are a dime a dozen at the NFL level. If he was good enough they'd have found him. If he ran slow 40 times at brief tryouts in front of even low-level scouts ... end of the story.
                          That is very true. He was a big back as far as D-II is concern (5' 11"/225lbs), but that's not big so big at the FBS level. So he needed to REALLY jump off the charts in order get any opportunity at the next level. A slow 40-time would really hurt his chances.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                            That is very true. He was a big back as far as D-II is concern (5' 11"/225lbs), but that's not big so big at the FBS level. So he needed to REALLY jump off the charts in order get any opportunity at the next level. A slow 40-time would really hurt his chances.
                            Guys like Darrin Hall from Pitt didn't get drafted. He'd have been a megastar at the D2 level. D2 backs just don't have the speed in almost all cases. That's why they are down here to begin with ...

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              Guys like Darrin Hall from Pitt didn't get drafted. He'd have been a megastar at the D2 level. D2 backs just don't have the speed in almost all cases. That's why they are down here to begin with ...
                              I actually always thought Hall was the better pro prospect when comparing him and Ollison. Ollison was a bowling ball of sorts; good back, quick enough feet, but never a next level gear to breakaway in the open field. I thought Hall always showed good one cut ability. He had enough power to run between the tackles, but I also thought he clearly had more speed than Ollison.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X